Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem Morris to interview with Cleveland « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 17, 2013, 02:44:04 AM

I just thought that was a curious statement,  the Brown D will be better than the Bucs D next season.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 17, 2013, 02:58:49 AM

I just thought that was a curious statement,  the Brown D will be better than the Bucs D next season.

It is, but admittedly, our defense did suck balls last year. #1 rush defense is just another useless stat that doesn't tell the whole story, just like Freeman's stat line.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#17 : January 17, 2013, 06:52:47 AM

Wow.....surprising.   Wish him luck.

I hope he gets the job - will be interesting to see how he does as a DC and not have the entire weight of being the HC on his shoulders.

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#18 : January 17, 2013, 07:55:47 AM

I think the Browns will add a couple of pieces on defense and will just be better. Ohh and yes, I think the scheme for the Bucs, stinks.

TheQ

Starter

#19 : January 17, 2013, 02:54:09 PM

The Redskins had the 30th ranked pass defense this year with him as the position coach.
Rah was terrible as DC here and HC.
Why would the Browns want him as a DC? What are his qualifications? Former HC is all his has.
Also, the Browns had a better defense than the Bucs this year, so why would that change! The Browns don't play Cam, Ryan and Brees twice a year either.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 17, 2013, 03:24:03 PM

I hope that he does well. He just wasn't ready to be a head coach.

This is his first time as a defensive coordinator with some real talent on the defense. I think that he fields a top 10 defense next year.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 17, 2013, 03:29:48 PM

The Redskins had the 30th ranked pass defense this year with him as the position coach.
Why would the Browns want him as a DC? What are his qualifications? Former HC is all his has.
Also, the Browns had a better defense than the Bucs this year, so why would that change! The Browns don't play Cam, Ryan and Brees twice a year either.
I think you can definitely make the case Morris was a better HC than DC. At times you could argue he was a good motivator but you can pretty much never say he was schematically sound.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 17, 2013, 03:35:47 PM

I think you can definitely make the case Morris was a better HC than DC. At times you could argue he was a good motivator but you can pretty much never say he was schematically sound.

I'm not a huge Raheem fan or anything, but he had to deal with both HC and DC responsibilities which spread his efforts.

I would like to see him be a dedicated DC before judging him.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 17, 2013, 03:46:11 PM

I'm not a huge Raheem fan or anything, but he had to deal with both HC and DC responsibilities which spread his efforts.

I would like to see him be a dedicated DC before judging him.
His hybrid amoeba cheetah scheme was an unmitigated disaster.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 17, 2013, 03:58:10 PM

I hope he succeeds. Would be great to see him have a top 10 defense.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#25 : January 17, 2013, 04:19:09 PM

Wow.....surprising.   Wish him luck.

I hope he gets the job - will be interesting to see how he does as a DC and not have the entire weight of being the HC on his shoulders.

Yes it will be interesting.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 17, 2013, 05:48:58 PM

Raheem's Interview w/ Cleveland......

Cleveland Browns' GM: "So Coach Morris, tell us about your experience in Tampa"

Raheem "Youngry, Youngry, Youngry, man"

Browns GM "Okay....interesting...uh, what were your strengths with the team as their DC?"

Raheem "Chest Bump Chest  Bump Chest Bump, man".

Browns: "Anything else?"

Raheem: "Bucs... We're the best team in the NFC. Yeah I said it"

Browns: "Uh......okay......nice meeting with you. Thanks for coming in.  We'll be in contact with you if you get the job....."

Raheem: "We're going to score touchdowns, man"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 17, 2013, 05:55:05 PM

Hey at least Morris had a 10 win season in this league. That's not easy no matter how you spin it.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 17, 2013, 06:45:50 PM

Credit to JavaRay for the pictures that I stole from him from another thread

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 17, 2013, 06:59:40 PM

His ideas on D didn't fit his personnel at all. We were built for speed, and he wanted a mano on mano physical defense ala the Steelers. Doomed for failure short-term. Then keeping Olson as OC did in the offense.
    The Browns I believe are better suited for the style of D he envisioned here. And Chud will take care of the offense a whole lot better than Olson did...
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem Morris to interview with Cleveland « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools