Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Talib being treated as the second coming of Deion Sanders." « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 18, 2013, 08:54:07 AM

Talib wasn't good last Sunday...Schaub was bad. Andre was working him all game long but in true Talib fashion he showed up on a few plays.

He broke up a few passes and gave up a few. Exactly what he did here. The difference is that if you stop the opposing offense a few times, Tom Brady is going to give you a two TD lead to work with.

I do believe Talib has matured and grown up, and I do believe Schiano thought so as well. But you only get so many chances and he had run out of them in Tampa. Schiano probably did not want to get rid of him but after all we've been through with Talib, he had no choice.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#16 : January 18, 2013, 10:11:52 AM

"Adderall - big deal."

If the NFL says you can't chew bubble gum but you chew it anyway - making you unavailable to play - then, yes, it is a big deal. Personally, I don't think pot is a big deal. But I don't want some jackwagon too stupid to stop blazing on the team.

This "I don't care if he screwed the fans and his teammates over, the rules he broke weren't that serious" routine is idiotic.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 18, 2013, 10:18:23 AM

What a burn on Schiano.
I think this one leaves a bigger mark.

"When you are little and you are thinking about being in the NFL, you think about being in this situation,'' Talib said. "It is ideal for me. It is real football. You come here and you know you are going to play real football.''

I look at that as more of a hit on this entire organization during Talib's tenure as a Buc.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 18, 2013, 10:56:01 AM

I have a feeling Torrey Smith is going to have a huge game this week. Talib is a good football player, but can get burned. And that's exactly what Torrey Smith does - burn CBs. It will be interesting to watch.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 18, 2013, 11:09:46 AM

It's pretty clear that Talib didn't want to be in Tampa any longer. His play early in the season was Horrid. He single handed lost the Bucs the Giants game. Now he's like glue in New England.

You can't force a player to play for you. Time to move on.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 18, 2013, 11:20:40 AM

It was interesting to hear they hyping him so much during the game. Dude is in an entirely different situation there.... different structure. I expect him to make his presence felt but this week and in the bowl.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 18, 2013, 11:32:45 AM

I have a feeling Torrey Smith is going to have a huge game this week. Talib is a good football player, but can get burned. And that's exactly what Torrey Smith does - burn CBs. It will be interesting to watch.

Completely agree. Pulling for Baltimore to get it done in Foxborough this year.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#22 : January 18, 2013, 11:42:55 AM

GO RAVENS!

It did sound to me like Talib was throwing the Bucs under the bus a little bit there, and that is all the more reason I am glad he is gone.  NYBuc said it right, for Schiano to 'impose his will' on this team, Talib had to go.  This year was an overhaul year, and I'm glad Schiano made the tough decision to move on.  I hope he continues that with Wright.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 18, 2013, 12:24:25 PM

If Bellicheat puts Aqoob on Torrie, that is...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 18, 2013, 12:53:48 PM

If Bellicheat puts Aqoob on Torrie, that is...

Might be better off tossing him on Bolden because of size and try and high low Smith with an S on the other side.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

meekerbeastman

Starter

#25 : January 18, 2013, 01:23:26 PM

when you look like tupac its only a matter of time before you get caught doing tupacish things

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 18, 2013, 01:59:41 PM

It's pretty clear that Talib didn't want to be in Tampa any longer. His play early in the season was Horrid. He single handed lost the Bucs the Giants game. Now he's like glue in New England.

You can't force a player to play for you. Time to move on.

I thought that was Josh Freeman's fault?

Lol, I kid....

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 18, 2013, 02:11:46 PM

Can't do much for any team when he's suspended.  We couldn't count on him....period.

cryptfiend

Starter

#28 : January 18, 2013, 05:30:20 PM

Well he was never a cancer in the locker room, when healthy he never had a problem with showing up to practice and  training hard. He was a professional when it came to work. The 3 NFL coaches that have coached him always have good things to say about him. That was good enough for me.

Adderall - big deal.
Fight with another player - big deal.
Hitting a cab driver - cross the line and kinda wierd.
Shooting his sisters bf - really dumb, but if my sister called and said she was being abused by her bf I may lose rational judgement and become violent as well. Just being honest. Charges were dropped anyway.

If thats all of his NFL off the field issues then the whole Talib hate was overblown.

before I say this, I will admit up front, I was, and am a huge Talib fan.

I agree...aderall...who cares?
fight with another player...less than who cares?  It was really a situation of the other guy coming into talib's blindspot while talib was posturing.  EVERYONE has constantly said how great a teammate talib is, and now they are saying it in foxborough.
hitting a cabbie...i got nothing...that was pretty dumb
shooting at sisters bf...charges were not dropped...there was not dropped...they were dismissed.  This means he won.  The judge looked at the evidence and said to the DA "this is all you have?  you have nothing, he didn't do it" even before a jury became involved.  The shooting should not even be brought up in association with Talib's name anymore.  Its quite clear that Billings lied through his teeth about it.

gone

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 18, 2013, 05:42:28 PM

Well he was never a cancer in the locker room, when healthy he never had a problem with showing up to practice and  training hard. He was a professional when it came to work. The 3 NFL coaches that have coached him always have good things to say about him. That was good enough for me.

Adderall - big deal.
Fight with another player - big deal.
Hitting a cab driver - cross the line and kinda wierd.
Shooting his sisters bf - really dumb, but if my sister called and said she was being abused by her bf I may lose rational judgement and become violent as well. Just being honest. Charges were dropped anyway.

If thats all of his NFL off the field issues then the whole Talib hate was overblown.

before I say this, I will admit up front, I was, and am a huge Talib fan.

I agree...aderall...who cares?
fight with another player...less than who cares?  It was really a situation of the other guy coming into talib's blindspot while talib was posturing.  EVERYONE has constantly said how great a teammate talib is, and now they are saying it in foxborough.
hitting a cabbie...i got nothing...that was pretty dumb
shooting at sisters bf...charges were not dropped...there was not dropped...they were dismissed.  This means he won. The judge looked at the evidence and said to the DA "this is all you have?  you have nothing, he didn't do it" even before a jury became involved.  The shooting should not even be brought up in association with Talib's name anymore.  Its quite clear that Billings lied through his teeth about it.

You're jumping to a huge conclusion.  Give what we know, they could have had video footage and six priests as witness and they still never would have convicted him for shooting at a child molester in Texas.  Maybe New York, but not there.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Talib being treated as the second coming of Deion Sanders." « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools