Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Seahawks GM says team open to offers for backup QB Matt Flynn « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Hate

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 18, 2013, 09:38:44 AM

Flynn will go to a team that really wants him.. and he has a chance to start. That isn't happening here.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 18, 2013, 09:58:22 AM

Flynn is an unknown really, and I doubt he'll come cheap.
     At the end of the day, teams are taking their best educated guesses when it comes to adding or dropping players.

Having the courage to follow their convictions and avoiding ignoring critical flaws is often harder than you'd think for these decision-makers. Great example was Bart Starr as Packer coach/GM COULD have, and seriously considered, drafting Joe Montana. Thinking they had a greater immediate need for a RB, even thought their QB had a history of injuries and was nearing 30, they took Eddie Lee Ivery. He tore up a knee in his first game and never became the player Starr envisioned. The NEXT draft, Starr wanted Ronnie Lott, but now felt they REALLY needed that QB. Despite a delivery flaw, Starr went with Rich Campbell, who ended up only playing a few undistinguished seasons.  What's sad is Starr KNEW his football instincts were good, and the 49ers reaped the benefit of Bart's poor choices in those 2 drafts...
: January 18, 2013, 10:00:52 AM NotDeadYet

watson

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 18, 2013, 10:01:34 AM

I can see Flynn going to the Chiefs.  He has already been trained in the WC offense that Reid likes to run and it is pretty much understood that Reid is going to bring in a new QB.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 18, 2013, 10:11:16 AM

At the end of the day, teams are taking their best educated guesses when it comes to adding or dropping players.
Flynn is owed $5.25 million to be on Seattle's roster next year. They're not going to pay him ten times what they're paying Russell Wilson for him to sit on the bench. He's gone.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 18, 2013, 11:25:50 AM

Flynn would be a better back-up option than Dan O. He'd need to restructure that contract IMO for the Bucs to make a deal though. send seattle the 4th we got from NE for Talib. He's a viable fallback if Freeman continues to fail in critical situations

moose40

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 18, 2013, 11:38:47 AM

Flynn is owed $5.25 million to be on Seattle's roster next year. They're not going to pay him ten times what they're paying Russell Wilson for him to sit on the bench. He's gone.

This is very true, Seattle isn't getting rid of him because Flynn is bad, just simply they aren't going to pay 5+million to their backup qb.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 18, 2013, 11:54:05 AM

He will never be a Buc.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#22 : January 18, 2013, 01:45:26 PM

Flynn isn't an improvement for anyone.

One of the most overhyped backups in the game today, besides Tebow.

I'm surprised the Seahawks could be so wrong on Flynn, but so right about drafting and starting Wilson.

Who's saying they were wrong? Wilson looked like a top 6 to 8 QB at the end of the year. Flynn got beat out initially and that was the end of it.

I didn't. My question was more to prove a point. But there are several people on this thread that are saying they're sure Flynn sucks.

If they'd take a 4th or lower draft choice AND Dominik was able to cut his salary somehow, I'd consider it.

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 18, 2013, 02:35:05 PM

Flynn sucks.   But he's better than Tebow.

I completely agree.

In many bassin\' circles, trolling is often considered the lowest form of fishing - Jim Porter

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 18, 2013, 03:01:20 PM

Hope to God that we aren't one of them.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 18, 2013, 04:04:59 PM

Trade them Blount for Flynn straight up.

Why would they want blount? They already have Michael Turbin.

gone

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 18, 2013, 05:53:28 PM

Not interested.

I just feel like he is a career backup.

Lotta people felt that way about Schaub.  Not that he's all that, but he's no Orlovsky either.

Hate is right though.  He's going somewhere to start, not to sit.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 18, 2013, 06:34:40 PM

Absolutely would take him for the Talib 4th, IF he'll agree to renegotiate that salary in the event he can't beat out Freeman for the starting QB job this year... Now that's some incentive ;D

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 18, 2013, 06:36:56 PM

Flynn got beat by a rookie. He is no great shakes.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 18, 2013, 06:39:35 PM

Flynn is a garbage can.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Seahawks GM says team open to offers for backup QB Matt Flynn « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools