Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ray Horton fired after Arians get HC gig. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Moe Green

Rookie

: January 18, 2013, 12:42:26 AM

Please Dominick replace Sheridan with this guy!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 18, 2013, 01:46:35 AM

I don't know if "fired" is the right word.  He was highly pissed off when Arians got the job, and had a heated exchange with the new Cardinals GM Steve Keim.  He has a year left on his contract there, but it doesn't look like he wants to be there.  He did a good job with the Cardinals D in 2012, it was their offense that was putrid.  He was a player for 10 years and is pretty respected around the league.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 18, 2013, 02:41:37 AM

Seriously, do people not get that Sheridan was running Schianos system, if it failed that's on Greg not the guy being forced to run it.
No DC worth a damn will take on a role where it's dictated to them that they can't run their own system so why is it everytime a guy people have heard of (they don't even have to be good, see the over rated blob that is Rob Ryan) they start talking that Dom needs to hire them?
Dom needs to get Lovie Smith
Dom needs to get Kiffin back
Dom needs to get Ryan
Dom needs to get Marinelli
Dom needs to Horton
At what point are they going to realise that Sheridan most likely isn't going anywhere for at least another season.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 18, 2013, 11:05:14 AM

Seriously, do people not get that Sheridan was running Schianos system, if it failed that's on Greg not the guy being forced to run it.
No DC worth a damn will take on a role where it's dictated to them that they can't run their own system so why is it everytime a guy people have heard of (they don't even have to be good, see the over rated blob that is Rob Ryan) they start talking that Dom needs to hire them?
Dom needs to get Ryan
Dom needs to Horton
At what point are they going to realise that Sheridan most likely isn't going anywhere for at least another season.

It's the "grass is greener" syndrome like some here have with Freeman. You can't reason with either bias or ignorance. It's a lost cause when you're dealing with both.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 18, 2013, 11:10:19 AM

Dom needs to get Ryan
Dom needs to Horton

It's the "grass is greener" syndrome like some here have with Freeman. You can't reason with either bias or ignorance. It's a lost cause when you're dealing with both.
I wouldn't say it's a grass is greener syndrome. It's a lot easier to upgrade one of the worst pass defenses in NFL history than to replace a 4,000/25 QB. It's pretty likely any established professional defensive coordinator would do better than Schiano/Sheridan.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 18, 2013, 11:15:17 AM

Dom needs to get Ryan
Dom needs to Horton

FYI- Kiffin was hired by Dallas already.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 18, 2013, 11:16:26 AM

I don't know if "fired" is the right word.  He was highly pissed off when Arians got the job, and had a heated exchange with the new Cardinals GM Steve Keim.  He has a year left on his contract there, but it doesn't look like he wants to be there.  He did a good job with the Cardinals D in 2012, it was their offense that was putrid.  He was a player for 10 years and is pretty respected around the league.

but he's a grown man wearing braids....not kool

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 18, 2013, 11:19:41 AM

Dom needs to get Ryan
Dom needs to Horton

FYI- Kiffin was hired by Dallas already.
And???
I already knew that and it's not relevent.
Does the fact that he's now with Dallas erase all the talk about how we should bring him back that happened inbetween his leaving USC and signing with Dallas?
It alters the point in no way.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 18, 2013, 11:31:00 AM

Ray Horton is HC material. No way, I want him here unless we hire him as head coach. Because ultimately, yeah he's going to be a great DC but he will ultimately be a HC someday.

I don't want a 1 year type hire.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 18, 2013, 12:21:10 PM

He's like 50 when I saw him in the coaching box with braids, that was my first thoughts not kool.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 18, 2013, 01:00:50 PM

Want: Horton in, Sheridan out!

This needs to happen!!!!

Pound the Horton drum!!

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 18, 2013, 01:28:04 PM

Makes no sense to hire a 3-4 coach. Rather have Rod.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 18, 2013, 02:21:50 PM

Stevie Wonder and the guy from Earth Wind and Fire would disagree

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.biography.com/imported/images/Biography/Images/Profiles/W/Stevie-Wonder-9536078-1-402.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.biography.com/people/stevie-wonder-9536078&h=162&w=162&sz=1&tbnid=QtCmrlSvu7IKYM:&tbnh=159&tbnw=159&zoom=1&usg=__VnrRBxoEfPVsayhhQwj5GOXQFV4=&docid=R71_LqqFWCfLMM&itg=1&sa=X&ei=nqD5UPrvO4To8gTauYGIAQ&ved=0CIABEPwdMAw

Hate

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 18, 2013, 02:36:37 PM

Just my opinion that its not appropriate for a middle aged man in a business setting.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 18, 2013, 02:55:11 PM

This guy doesn't always look like a prototypical professional.

Their mistake not hiring Horton as their HC.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ray Horton fired after Arians get HC gig. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools