Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kick / Punt Returner definitely a need... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

blind melon

Hall of Famer

: January 18, 2013, 03:09:59 PM

Stroughter, Smith and Underwood aren't the answer...

Need to bottle some lightning this season...

Who's the guy?

Draft?   Tavon Austin, Stedman Bailey, Dennis Johnson or hell even - Denard Robinson

Who is available as FA?

Thoughts?

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#1 : January 18, 2013, 03:11:22 PM

Leodis Mckelvin and Darius Reynaud both have returned 3 or more punts/kickoffs for TDs

youngone

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 18, 2013, 03:13:17 PM

What about that Dri Archer dude from Kent State?

big_JLB

Starter

#3 : January 18, 2013, 09:29:12 PM

signing leodis mckelvin gets two birds stoned...will help the return game and at the least is a decent nickel back

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 18, 2013, 09:58:49 PM

ace sanders anyone?

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#5 : January 18, 2013, 10:02:10 PM

Sanders would be a solid mid/late round pick.

I'm still wondering what's up with michael smith.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 18, 2013, 10:36:26 PM

Hard to count out Michael Smith.  We haven't even seen what he can do yet.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bashear

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 18, 2013, 10:39:50 PM

In before JDub says Smith is only a straight-line runner and not as fast as advertised, which is my preliminary assessment as well. We'll see--we really haven't seen a lot of him.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 18, 2013, 10:45:59 PM

In before JDub says Smith is only a straight-line runner and not as fast as advertised, which is my preliminary assessment as well. We'll see--we really haven't seen a lot of him.

They seem to be keeping him around for some reason.  Whatever that may be, we will find out in due time.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Stratobuc

Starter
#9 : January 18, 2013, 10:55:21 PM

Coverage is a bigger need than return men. We were worse than awful last season.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#10 : January 18, 2013, 11:24:47 PM

Archer is staying in school.

Count my vote for McKelvin, he'd make a good #3/slot CB and KR/PR.  He shouldn't be too expensive, either. 

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 18, 2013, 11:24:53 PM

Michael Smith may be a better returner than anyone we had last year, but there's no point keeping him on the active roster if he's useless on offense. The returner has to at least be a decent backup worth activating.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 18, 2013, 11:40:54 PM

Michael Smith may be a better returner than anyone we had last year, but there's no point keeping him on the active roster if he's useless on offense. The returner has to at least be a decent backup worth activating.

Trindon Holliday disagrees.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 19, 2013, 12:46:45 AM

Trindon Holliday disagrees.

If he were as good as Trindon Holliday, and was a WR, then he would be worth activating. As a RB though he's not as good as Blount or Ware, and if we get rid of either of those two, we could still easily get someone better than Smith.

I would rather have a guy like Spurlock on the team who isn't too bad at returns, and can actually contribute as a receiver if needed.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 19, 2013, 03:34:23 AM

He went back to Kent State for his senior year. But he would've been a good pick up.

We should've given Michael Smith more chances, this need may not really be a need afterall.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kick / Punt Returner definitely a need... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools