Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McNulty now Bucs' QB coach « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« : January 18, 2013, 03:38:19 PM »

Per WDAE TKras

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #1 : January 18, 2013, 03:40:23 PM »

Shocker to see him join up here. Rutgers rejoice!!

danimal09

Starter

« #2 : January 18, 2013, 03:41:33 PM »

I like it

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #3 : January 18, 2013, 03:48:23 PM »

Hope he does a better job w/ Freeman than he did w/ Ariz QBs.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #4 : January 18, 2013, 03:52:51 PM »

I like it

Why?  The Zona QBs were arguably bottom of the league.  SO please please explain yourself?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #5 : January 18, 2013, 03:57:51 PM »

I'm surprised they put him as the QB coach and not the WR coach.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #6 : January 18, 2013, 03:57:52 PM »

Kolb showed decent skills while at Philly.  He hasn't always sucked.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
« #7 : January 18, 2013, 03:59:14 PM »

I like it

Why?  The Zona QBs were arguably bottom of the league.  SO please please explain yourself?

The talent level if the Zona QBs was also arguably bottom of the league. You can dress up a sh!t sandwich any way you want, it's still going to be a sh!t sandwich.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
« #8 : January 18, 2013, 04:03:03 PM »

Actually Morgan, Kolb's numbers in AZ under McNulty are mostly better than they were in Phlly. Better TD%, much better Int %, higher QB rating.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #9 : January 18, 2013, 04:19:39 PM »

Actually Morgan, Kolb's numbers in AZ under McNulty are mostly better than they were in Phlly. Better TD%, much better Int %, higher QB rating.
Okay. Point well taken. Just recall Kolb having some success while filling in as a backup.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #10 : January 18, 2013, 04:20:08 PM »

BucD

Hall of Famer

« #11 : January 18, 2013, 05:49:21 PM »

Really like the McNulty hire as the QB coach.  I think it's safe to assume that he'll be Mike Sullivan's replacement as OC once Sullivan, inevitably, ventures off somewhere to be a HC.

Also, it doesn't take a genius to see that he had absolutely TRASH to work with in Arizona as far as QBs are concerned....aside from Kolb who is serviceable at best but also struggles to even stay healthy...

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #12 : January 18, 2013, 06:15:54 PM »

I think we all saw this one coming.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #13 : January 18, 2013, 06:27:06 PM »

McNulty Hire Is Not Enough For Freeman

The Bucs hired decorated NFL wide receivers coach John McNulty, the former Rutgers offensive coordinator, to be their quarterbacks coach today. He was a receivers coach for years under Tom Coughlin in Jacksonville and under Ken Whisenhunt in Arizona, where Larry Fitzgerald loved him so much he flew him to a Pro Bowl. McNulty also worked for Bill Parcells.

But Joe can’t say he likes this hire.

Josh Freeman could have used a QB coach who is a true quarterbacks guru, preferably one who played the position and who could really go deep on Freeman with his mechanics. In other words, the best QB coach — or team of QB coaches — on the market.

McNulty was a defensive back at Penn State in the 1980s. He volunteered to be Arizona’s QB coach last season, and Arizona’s quarterbacks situation was ugly.

Isn’t it allegedly all about No. 5?

And if competition is supposedly coming for Freeman, perhaps from a rookie, Joe really thinks the Bucs have shortchanged themselves with this hire.

Joe sincerely hopes the Bucs plan to hire a QB mechanics maven as a consultant to work with McNulty and Freeman during the offseason.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=82074

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #14 : January 18, 2013, 06:28:28 PM »

Big LIKE!
    LOL; Vincent Jackson already coaches the other WRs ;D. McNulty likely will be more valuable as a Freeman's coach. And Freeman's competition...
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McNulty now Bucs' QB coach « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools