Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McNulty now Bucs' QB coach « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 18, 2013, 06:56:58 PM

Again...what makes this a great hire?  I looked at his resume...saw rutgers and went ugh.  What qb experience does he have?

ufcguy32

Starter

#16 : January 18, 2013, 09:22:37 PM

sullivan works on mechanics idiot. if you think he doesnt have him working on drills like eli your a retard. he maybe an offensive coordinator but the guy changed eli for the better....and you think they wont use any of that. gtfo bro. this is is a good hire. now move on and stop trolling **CENSORED**

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 18, 2013, 11:01:05 PM

sullivan works on mechanics idiot. if you think he doesnt have him working on drills like eli your a retard. he maybe an offensive coordinator but the guy changed eli for the better....and you think they wont use any of that. gtfo bro. this is is a good hire. now move on and stop trolling **CENSORED**

Then whats the benefit of even hiring a QB coach, idiot?
: January 18, 2013, 11:10:26 PM chace1986

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 18, 2013, 11:04:25 PM

Maybe this points to the fact that Freeman has problems with WR chemistry and route timings? Only valid reason why anyone would hire a top-5 WR coach to be a QB coach...

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 19, 2013, 02:00:36 AM

Maybe this points to the fact that Freeman has problems with WR chemistry and route timings? Only valid reason why anyone would hire a top-5 WR coach to be a QB coach...

Possible. Freeman and several other players mentioned this at the start of the season, and during the end especially.

I don't like the hire. Feels like schiano shortchanged the bucs to bring in his buddy. We'll see.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 19, 2013, 08:06:46 AM

Position coaches changing positions is not unheard of. It happens often around the league ....This all these guys do all day , and it isn't rocket science , so they know about all facets of the game. Usually a position coach has to be versatile in order to move up through the ranks and have more job oppurtunities. Besides , you can learn how to coach QB's from Youtube for christsakes:

: January 19, 2013, 08:09:38 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 19, 2013, 08:38:03 AM

Since the Bucs at this point have made no announcements, I'm not gonna lock any new staff hires in concrete quite yet. There could be some shuffling of responsibilities in the pipeline too.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 19, 2013, 09:01:53 AM

Just seems odd that after losing our WR coach, we hire a new WR coach... To be our QB coach. When you factor in that Freeman has major issues and in a make or break year that determines what this franchise does for the next decade, you think we would get him an actual QB guru... Not a WR coach. Also, Arizona QBs are horrible. Not excited about this signing. Not sure what his guy has ever done to be excited about.

Draft Aaron Donald

youngone

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 19, 2013, 09:08:48 AM

I might be wrong but didn't Arizona move him up WR coach to QB coach so that we couldn't get him?

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#24 : January 19, 2013, 09:20:19 AM

He'll make a seamless transition to Offensive Coordinator next year when Sullivan takes a head coaching job in college or with a pro team.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 19, 2013, 09:24:06 AM

And maybe... Lets say they picked a QB somewhere in the draft this year, maybe they want his current OC and future OC as the only two people in his ear.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 19, 2013, 09:46:22 AM

With the Giants, Sullivan was a QB coach, before that a WR coach. McNulty the same with the Cardinals. I think we got it all covered  ;)

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 19, 2013, 09:46:57 AM

Just seems odd that after losing our WR coach, we hire a new WR coach... To be our QB coach. When you factor in that Freeman has major issues and in a make or break year that determines what this franchise does for the next decade, you think we would get him an actual QB guru... Not a WR coach. Also, Arizona QBs are horrible. Not excited about this signing. Not sure what his guy has ever done to be excited about.

I agree that it is odd. I figured for sure that the dude would be our WR coach. I wouldn't use the Arizona QB situation against McNulty though. He didn't really have much to work with, and was sort of handcuffed to those lousy QBs...but I agree that he hasn't done much to make us excited or feel encouraged by him being signed as the QB coach.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 19, 2013, 01:15:45 PM

I will correct myself a bit.  I read today that he was also the QBs coach while at Rutgers as OC.  I guess we should all feel better now.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 19, 2013, 03:36:51 PM

Schiano obviously liked McNulty well enough to try to get him to be the OC last season.  QB coach is a step up from WR coach, and since both positions were open, McNulty was given the better of the two.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McNulty now Bucs' QB coach « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools