Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL's pist everyone hired white coaches. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#15 : January 19, 2013, 06:53:15 AM

What's next?  You must work out a white CB?  Rooney rule is silly. 

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#16 : January 19, 2013, 06:56:22 AM

Rooney Rule opens the door. Doesn't guarantee hiring. Nothing wrong w/ it, imo.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#17 : January 19, 2013, 06:57:14 AM

You must work out a white CB? 

White players have plenty of opportunities to show if they can play the game at the highest level.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#18 : January 19, 2013, 07:00:13 AM

You must work out a white CB? 

White players have plenty of opportunities to show if they can play the game at the highest level.

That's my point

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 19, 2013, 08:03:44 AM

Not one Asian coach?

Bunch of racist owners.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 19, 2013, 11:40:41 AM

the Rooney Rule is a joke. if i was a black coach interviewing its almost a slap in the face. its like them saying "hi, were interviewing you because the NFL says we have to. we arent going to hire you but thanks for stopping by."

i dont give a damn if my coach is black, white or green. i just want my team to win. sure no new black coaches were hired but do you know how many white coaches got fired? lets not forget that as well. i dont know why nobody pursued lovie smith. i sure as hell dont know why anyone wanted marc trestman or andy reid but thats how it is.

theres plenty of black coaches that i think will get a shot in the next few years. Id be surprised if David Shaw isnt in the league in the next 2 years, lovie smith will coach again. i think mel tucker will get a shot and jim caldwell might be brought back up if he does a good job as the OC of the ravens. kevin sumlin is a possibility as well.

people put too much emphasis on race and not enough on ability. i want the best coach there is regardless of race.

ufcguy32

Starter

#21 : January 19, 2013, 11:53:33 AM

lovie doesnt wanna coach. he is taking a break bud. who cares about race. its about winning. if they wanna worry about formalities then thats on them. and im sure raheem had to interview for the job. he interviewed in denver as well and here. he was not given the job with no interview.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 19, 2013, 11:58:57 AM

lovie doesnt wanna coach. he is taking a break bud. who cares about race. its about winning. if they wanna worry about formalities then thats on them. and im sure raheem had to interview for the job. he interviewed in denver as well and here. he was not given the job with no interview.

Lovie does want to coach.... but only as a HC. He doesn't want to take a DC position.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

wampuscatiam

Second String

#23 : January 19, 2013, 12:08:17 PM

Can't the race thing be put to sleep already?  I mean really..............

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 19, 2013, 12:17:41 PM

Can't the race thing be put to sleep already?  I mean really..............

No. Too many people make money from it now.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 19, 2013, 12:28:32 PM

Lovie does want to coach.... but only as a HC. He doesn't want to take a DC position.

Yup.

Lovie interviewed for three HC positions...doubt he would have done that if he didn't wanna coach, bud.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 19, 2013, 12:49:25 PM

I thought lovie was a pretty good coach.

As these black coaches, assistants, etc get older, they'll have more opportunities. It usually works that way with everyone else. Rah was the exception, not the rule.

I do firmly believe raheem will go on to be HC again. He was just too young and ill-prepared to take the position.

Also, we have to take into context.. there are probably many many many more white players that come from college, who do not make it to the NFL level, that just end up coaching or whatever to keep them around the game they love. Used to be, it was 40 to 50 white coaching candidates for every one black candidate. I don't believe a lot of that was racism, as they seriously had a lack of "depth" for realistic african American canidates.

Money rules in the NFL. The only color they see is green, so i don't buy it for a minute that many people have some sort of agenda other than winning. It's like saying oil companies LIKE spilling oil. That's their bread and butter man.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Redwave

Second String

#27 : January 19, 2013, 01:25:38 PM

I'll be happy, if & when, we get to where the media & professional organizations don't bite on this pc garbage so easily.
The black US population has been around 13% of the whole, and it looks like representation has been corrected quite nicely.
The problem was real, and those as Dungy have done an admirable job of helping to change the perceptions & create opportunity.
The league now has many black coaches through the ranks, w/ many doing a great job.
Doing a great job and displaying the traits necessary to lead at the next level should drive the HC opportunities w/in the ranks.
Looking at the numbers from a 1 Year sample is either ignorant, or racist in it's own right, and is the type of behavior that looses the respect and backing of those who believe in a cause.
Team owners just want to win, and as I see it, their impatience with coaches & 180 degree swings in philosophy are the real problem in their behavior  (TB - players coach to disciplinarian, Chi - all Def to Off...).
This is where most organizations are currently falling down, and why coaches are constantly having critical staff members plucked after a successful season or two.

TheQ

Starter

#28 : January 19, 2013, 01:42:49 PM

Owners just want to win, color of HC has nothing to do with it.
Lovie was stale and bogged down. Crennel won 2 games.
How Fat Andy got another HC gig is beyond me.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 19, 2013, 01:59:16 PM

the Rooney Rule is a joke. if i was a black coach interviewing its almost a slap in the face. its like them saying "hi, were interviewing you because the NFL says we have to. we arent going to hire you but thanks for stopping by."

i dont give a damn if my coach is black, white or green. i just want my team to win. sure no new black coaches were hired but do you know how many white coaches got fired? lets not forget that as well. i dont know why nobody pursued lovie smith. i sure as hell dont know why anyone wanted marc trestman or andy reid but thats how it is.

theres plenty of black coaches that i think will get a shot in the next few years. Id be surprised if David Shaw isnt in the league in the next 2 years, lovie smith will coach again. i think mel tucker will get a shot and jim caldwell might be brought back up if he does a good job as the OC of the ravens. kevin sumlin is a possibility as well.

people put too much emphasis on race and not enough on ability. i want the best coach there is regardless of race.

Is this sarcasm?  Andy Reid went to the playoffs something like 9 of 13 years.  In today's parity stricken NFL, that's pretty amazing.  And people have been wondering for years why Trestman wasn't given a shot.  Do you have any clue to Trestman's background?  Both are top candidates and I would take either as the Bucs HC.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL's pist everyone hired white coaches. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools