Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL's pist everyone hired white coaches. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 19, 2013, 04:47:33 PM

Merit > Skin Color
Just to play devil's advocate, I would think that Lovie Smith has more merit than most since he's actually taken a team to the Superbowl.

So did Ken Whisenhunt.  Do race baitors think he wasn't hired by another team as a HC because he was white?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#31 : January 19, 2013, 05:06:04 PM

the Bucs should make a move to make the NFL happy then.  Fire white boy Schiano and hire Lovie.    I'd love that move.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 19, 2013, 06:09:43 PM

A league who's employee base is 95% black is clearly racist . Something must be done.
: January 19, 2013, 06:15:48 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 19, 2013, 06:45:51 PM

A league who's employee base is 95% black is clearly racist . Something must be done.

It could be 100% black and they would still complain about racism in some way.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#34 : January 19, 2013, 07:01:03 PM

Who's " they "?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 19, 2013, 07:33:47 PM

Who's " they "?

Black people who know nothing about the way life was during the Jim crow laws and the follow up with plessy vs Ferguson that locked Jim crow in for the following fifty years. Not to mention, people like sharpton or Jackson who use it for political gains (which is downright sickening).

Sometimes I think that MLK's dream has become abused by(all) people who want money or power. People are supposed to be ...people. not black, not white, not Asian, etc. Heck the division of races was the same as it is now... to make money for someone.

Not every white person was a slave owner, just like every black person wasn't a slave. The past is behind us and can never come back. There is no reason to have ANY laws in place anywhere that suggest that because of their color, they should get more, or less of a shot in anything.

And before anyone says anything to me for what I just said.. my whole family played a historic part in the Underground railroad, my best friend is black (was best man at my wedding and godfather of my children). Not to mention, I've literally paid for City kids(which just happen to be African American) to go to the fair, show animals(such as horses and cows mostly) in 4-H, which they never would have experianced otherwise. So please, save the "you're racist" talk for someone that needs it. Thanks.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 19, 2013, 08:09:23 PM

Obama's fault.

Owners said "we don't want OUR LEAGUE to be like his League..."

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 20, 2013, 08:43:18 AM

Who's " they "?

Black people who know nothing about the way life was during the Jim crow laws and the follow up with plessy vs Ferguson that locked Jim crow in for the following fifty years. Not to mention, people like sharpton or Jackson who use it for political gains (which is downright sickening).

Sometimes I think that MLK's dream has become abused by(all) people who want money or power. People are supposed to be ...people. not black, not white, not Asian, etc. Heck the division of races was the same as it is now... to make money for someone.

Not every white person was a slave owner, just like every black person wasn't a slave. The past is behind us and can never come back. There is no reason to have ANY laws in place anywhere that suggest that because of their color, they should get more, or less of a shot in anything.

And before anyone says anything to me for what I just said.. my whole family played a historic part in the Underground railroad, my best friend is black (was best man at my wedding and godfather of my children). Not to mention, I've literally paid for City kids(which just happen to be African American) to go to the fair, show animals(such as horses and cows mostly) in 4-H, which they never would have experianced otherwise. So please, save the "you're racist" talk for someone that needs it. Thanks.

Hey captainjimbo, what's your response to that?

PewterG@tor

Starter
#38 : January 20, 2013, 12:08:25 PM

The common belief is that the majority of owners are rich, old white guys that are not open to racial progress and only satisfy the Rooney Rule as an obligatory nuisance.  My question is that if that is the belief then who can explain Shahid Khan hiring a white head coach over all of the other qualified minorities?  I think this helps to prove that the right guy is going to be hired regardless of race and based on his experience and credentials over all else.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 20, 2013, 12:31:12 PM

Who Cares? one off-season of no black hires and it's racist.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 20, 2013, 04:19:40 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8862428/rooney-rule-expanded-include-coordinators-according-sources

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 20, 2013, 07:46:56 PM

Is there any other country in the world that has rules and laws in place that give advantages to certain races over others?

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 20, 2013, 08:07:08 PM

Is there any other country in the world that has rules and laws in place that give advantages to certain races over others?

Of course.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 20, 2013, 08:09:07 PM

Of course.

Give one specific example.   I don't believe it.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL's pist everyone hired white coaches. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools