Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DE Ezekiel Ansah BYU « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#30 : January 20, 2013, 05:44:42 PM

Watching Aldon Smith right now just makes me want a stud DE even more.

McCoy93

Starter

#31 : January 20, 2013, 05:58:10 PM

Absolutely

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 20, 2013, 06:18:17 PM

I think Cornelius Carradine is a beast and would go early first round if not for his ACL injury. It's Bowers all over again and Dom likes defensive lineman with injury issues... So expect us to draft him in April. Probably move up in the 3rd for him.

Draft Aaron Donald

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#33 : January 20, 2013, 06:31:34 PM

I think Cornelius Carradine is a beast and would go early first round if not for his ACL injury. It's Bowers all over again and Dom likes defensive lineman with injury issues... So expect us to draft him in April. Probably move up in the 3rd for him.
If his knee is recovering well at the combine, he could very well go in the top of the 2nd

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#34 : January 20, 2013, 09:27:11 PM

I'm not sure why people are so hot about wasting a FA signing or a draft choice, for that matter, on the DE position. Yeah, our sack total ranked near the bottom of the NFL but it is clearly due to the fact that we had Myron Lewis, EJ Biggers, and some undrafted rookie free agents covering pro bowl WRs all season long. I mean, that's  like saying we should draft an OG with our 1st round draft choice. Crazy.

can you please explain how having a terrible secondary completely negates a pass rush? its not like these terrible corners were just standing still out there, and QB's weren't getting passes off lightning quick. QB's had all day to throw, EVEN WHEN THEY BLITZED...but it's the terrible secondary's fault that no one could get to opposing quarterbacks...

It doesn't completely negate the lack of pass rush but it certainly contributes to the team's low sack total. Lets forget for a second that our secondary posted near HISTORIC figures when it came to pass yards per game.

Adrian Clayorn, who posted the highest sack total of all rookie defensive linemen in 2011 and was a key contributor to the team's pass rush, suffered a season ending injury at the beggining of the year in Dallas.To keep things in perspective, the Bucs tallied 6 sacks by week 3, the same week Clayborn went down with that season ending knee injury. At that point, we were on pace to rack up 96 sacks in 2012! That's almost double the amount the Denver Broncos, who led the league in that category posted, which was 52.

Now lets look at the third major aspect that contributed to the Bucs' low sack total - the infamous offseason injury that landed former NCAA defensive player of the year De'Quan Bowers on IR until week 8 of the regular season, after which he was relied upon in a limited capacity. Still, on a bum knee, Bowers managed generate a fierce pass rush up 3 sacks in 9 games. Imagine what he could do with a full offseason under his belt, on a healthy knee, all while serving as the team's designated relief DE.
: January 20, 2013, 09:30:54 PM TampaBucks05

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 20, 2013, 09:51:53 PM

6 sacks in week three is 2 sacks per game. How does that equal 96 sacks?

Draft Aaron Donald

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 20, 2013, 10:02:09 PM

Yeah 6 sacks in 3 weeks is 2 a game and still sucks.

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#37 : January 20, 2013, 11:36:15 PM

Wow. Big f'up on my part, my fault.

But still, 32 sacks puts us right in between he Colts and Giants and I don't see anyone of their fans clamoring for a DE in the 1st round.

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#38 : January 21, 2013, 11:22:46 AM

I'm struggling with this 1st rd pick as well.

1. We have very talented DE's who might blossom into stars, but they need playing time. A high rd rookie won't help that
2. We have an above average NT who does his job and eats blocks. I suggested in my own thread that we upgrade Miller and I was trashed because it's a waste to spend a high pick on someone who is a non factor in this scheme.
3. We know Dom does not draft OLine especially early, and he is in the record saying so.
4. Banks and Rhodes are a reach at 13 and Milner will be gone
5. QB is out of the question
6. None of the safeties carry enough value for 13.
7. The Sullivan offense isnt TE friendly and i doubt Eifert is the next Gronk/Davis/Graham.
8. We have our Will and Mike, and the Sam only plays a handful of downs.
9. Slot Reciever at 13....not happening.

This class is weak at the top. Best option is Milner if there, if not trade back, if no trade partners upgrade DLine with BPA...Lotlutlei is the only elite talent I see and top of my board with Werner, Jones, Richardson,  behind him.  Or screw positional value and go grab an elite player at a devalued position...

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#39 : January 21, 2013, 12:46:27 PM

As far as freak d-linemen go, I'd rather wait and see if Margus Hunt lasts to the 2nd.  More raw than Ansah, but wouldn't have to use the 13th pick on him, and good lord is he a freak.

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#40 : January 21, 2013, 02:00:34 PM

I can't wait to see the practices.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : January 21, 2013, 02:37:14 PM

How is Sullivan's offense not TE friendly? Nobodies like Bear Pascoe and Jake Ballard looked great in NY. I'm not saying we should take a TE in the first round, but I don't agree that Sullivan's offense can't or won't make good use of a solid TE.

Draft Aaron Donald

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 21, 2013, 02:41:36 PM

1. We have very talented DE's who might blossom into stars, but they need playing time. A high rd rookie won't help that
2. We have an above average NT who does his job and eats blocks. I suggested in my own thread that we upgrade Miller and I was trashed because it's a waste to spend a high pick on someone who is a non factor in this scheme.
3. We know Dom does not draft OLine especially early, and he is in the record saying so.
7. The Sullivan offense isnt TE friendly and i doubt Eifert is the next Gronk/Davis/Graham.

This class is weak at the top. Best option is Milner if there, if not trade back, if no trade partners upgrade DLine with BPA...Lotlutlei is the only elite talent I see and top of my board with Werner, Jones, Richardson,  behind him.  Or screw positional value and go grab an elite player at a devalued position...

All good points Captain.  I think the trade back is probably our most ideal option but there is no guarantee that somebody wants to trade up.  I think we will grab an elite player at either a devalued position or one that is not a glaring need.  I can see the Bucs take an OT or a DL at 13 as I just dont see a corner worth taking at that spot when there is better talent available.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 21, 2013, 02:44:59 PM

This offense needs a TE, badly. I don't care what anybody says but its evident in the playoffs that these teams that went far in the post-season had a threat to attack the middle of the defense. Yeah, Jackson and Williams are deadly on the outside but we don't have no consistent TE to get open on linebackers. Gonzalez, Davis, Pitta, and Gronk help aid the passing game because they're size/speed advantage is too overmatched on DB's and LB's.

We need a 6'6 TE with some receiving skills. Ertz, Eifert, Escabor, Fauria, etc....

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#44 : January 21, 2013, 06:20:14 PM

A TE in the 1st makes sense, but I have a feeling that kid from Rutgers is going to be a nice late round talent that could help this team for years and I don't think there is such thing as a reach when you are talking about the defensive backfield with regards to the Bucs' defensive backfield. I think Milliner, Banks, Rhodes, or Elam would all be upgrades and would be able to step in and contribute to our team right away.

Most importantly, I think people are really overlooking the fact that Dominik likes to trade out of our spot on draft day. Compound that with the fact we are choosing immediately before to of our division rivals, the Saints and the Panthers, on draft day, and I think you are going to see us make a trade down. In that case, top DB in the draft makes a ton of sense.
: January 21, 2013, 06:23:35 PM TampaBucks05
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DE Ezekiel Ansah BYU « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools