Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DE Ezekiel Ansah BYU « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#45 : January 21, 2013, 06:25:04 PM

Lots of good TEs will go after round 1 in this draft.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#46 : January 21, 2013, 06:43:12 PM

Do we run a variety of the giants offense? If so their TE's are averaging about 50 catches a year....I don't call that TE friendly.

And for the record of the championship teams that played this weekend only Gonzo hauled in more that 65 passes this year.
: January 21, 2013, 06:54:16 PM CaptainStagger

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#47 : January 21, 2013, 07:33:38 PM

Do we run a variety of the giants offense? If so their TE's are averaging about 50 catches a year....I don't call that TE friendly.

And for the record of the championship teams that played this weekend only Gonzo hauled in more that 65 passes this year.

The threat of a good TE will open up other players.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#48 : January 21, 2013, 07:35:37 PM

as long as the QB scans the field.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#49 : January 21, 2013, 07:39:01 PM

as long as the QB scans the field.

Hopefully Freeman will do that. Outside of Vincent and Mike who else will be open.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#50 : January 21, 2013, 08:36:22 PM

Gavin Escobar is the best TE in this draft, but I wouldn't take him in the 1st round.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#51 : January 21, 2013, 09:43:42 PM

Trade down, mybe even out of the first and pick up multiple second and third round picks and address the depth issue. Next year, get your killer shutdown 2 cornefbacks. Plug that hole this year with a coupke of rented free agents.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#52 : January 21, 2013, 10:08:01 PM

I am not enamoured of this years draft, so I am all onboard with dangling the first in some sort of deal that would allow for more picks.  You do get more prospective talent that still has a ton of upside, and you can spend on mid tier FAs.

With Carl Nicks and Davin Joseph back next year, if the BUcs can keep all the offense healthy for 16, they really can be relevant.  The problem is with the QB, unfortunately.

spurzo

Second String

#53 : January 22, 2013, 02:06:19 PM

I'm struggling with this 1st rd pick as well.

1. We have very talented DE's who might blossom into stars, but they need playing time. A high rd rookie won't help that
2. We have an above average NT who does his job and eats blocks. I suggested in my own thread that we upgrade Miller and I was trashed because it's a waste to spend a high pick on someone who is a non factor in this scheme.
3. We know Dom does not draft OLine especially early, and he is in the record saying so.
4. Banks and Rhodes are a reach at 13 and Milner will be gone
5. QB is out of the question
6. None of the safeties carry enough value for 13.
7. The Sullivan offense isnt TE friendly and i doubt Eifert is the next Gronk/Davis/Graham.
8. We have our Will and Mike, and the Sam only plays a handful of downs.
9. Slot Reciever at 13....not happening.

This class is weak at the top. Best option is Milner if there, if not trade back, if no trade partners upgrade DLine with BPA...Lotlutlei is the only elite talent I see and top of my board with Werner, Jones, Richardson,  behind him.  Or screw positional value and go grab an elite player at a devalued position...

Good thoughts

I agree that there doesn't seem to be an obvious pick at 13 the way that most  people envision the draft playing out.  Somebody does always drop though and who knows maybe Jarvis Jones or Mingo fall and the bucs decide to make the pick... 
Otherwise I say we go BPA from the D-line... I've been saying that Richardson would be an awesome pick just because I do like our DE situation and think that the best way to improve our pass rush is from the second DT spot.  Roy Miller is a strong run defender but that's it and if we get stuck with him in while say the Falcons or Saints were going no-huddle he wouldn't give us anything as a pass rusher...  If you've got Richardson then you can be prepared for that and then we also have a 3 deep DT position to go with our 3 to 4 deep DE position.

If we were to go with an elite player at a devalued position then I might have to agree with "the hairpiece" himself Mel Kiper and say we take Ogletree... The guy is an athletic freak and with a year or two in a pro workout regime he could be a beast.  My player comparison would be Urlacher...  Ogletree is a converted safety and even though he's smaller now (6'3 240) he's got the frame to add weight.  He's got long arms, apparent when RB's try and stiff arm him he can still grab them and take em down.  He's a hard hitter, see him meet Eddie Lacy at the goal-line in the SEC championship for proof.  We could move Foster out to Sam and Ogletree man the middle... this guy has the potential to be the best coverage MLB in the league.  Watch him field the onside kick against LSU last year and imagine how scary it would be as a qb to try and throw over this guy.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#54 : January 22, 2013, 02:11:21 PM

If we were to go with an elite player at a devalued position then I might have to agree with "the hairpiece" himself Mel Kiper and say we take Ogletree... The guy is an athletic freak and with a year or two in a pro workout regime he could be a beast.  My player comparison would be Urlacher...  Ogletree is a converted safety and even though he's smaller now (6'3 240) he's got the frame to add weight.  He's got long arms, apparent when RB's try and stiff arm him he can still grab them and take em down.  He's a hard hitter, see him meet Eddie Lacy at the goal-line in the SEC championship for proof.  We could move Foster out to Sam and Ogletree man the middle... this guy has the potential to be the best coverage MLB in the league.  Watch him field the onside kick against LSU last year and imagine how scary it would be as a qb to try and throw over this guy.
[/quote]

this would also probably be an outside the box partial solution to pass defense.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#55 : January 22, 2013, 02:12:42 PM

Ansah looked good during Senior Bowl practice yesterday. Hunt looked awful and lost both his 1 on 1 drills.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DE Ezekiel Ansah BYU « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools