Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DE Ezekiel Ansah BYU « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 19, 2013, 02:39:21 AM

ezekiel ansah is going shoot up draft boards after the combines, his #s are going to be insanely good.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 19, 2013, 02:49:01 AM

Most of the mocks I have seen, have him going in the late 20's.  Good player,  but I don't think Dom and company go that route.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#17 : January 19, 2013, 09:56:42 AM

Most of the mocks I have seen, have him going in the late 20's.  Good player,  but I don't think Dom and company go that route.

Well if people want to reach for CBs such as Rhodes/Banks, why not reach for Ansah. He could be the freak pass rusher we desperately need. I'd definetly be ok with him at 13.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 19, 2013, 10:55:25 AM

Well if people want to reach for CBs such as Rhodes/Banks, why not reach for Ansah. He could be the freak pass rusher we desperately need. I'd definetly be ok with him at 13.

Ansah's ceiling is much higher than either Banks or Rhodes.  I would be all for taking Ansah at #13 and then trading back into the end of the first round for Rhodes.  This also gets both players signed to 5 year contracts which MD covets.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 19, 2013, 12:04:24 PM

Ansah's ceiling is much higher than either Banks or Rhodes.  I would be all for taking Ansah at #13 and then trading back into the end of the first round for Rhodes.  This also gets both players signed to 5 year contracts which MD covets.
I would love that

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#20 : January 19, 2013, 02:34:13 PM

I'd be on board with the pick

spurzo

Second String

#21 : January 19, 2013, 07:14:33 PM

Clayborn, Bennett and Bowers is a solid DE trio, the spot that could use an upgrade is next to McCoy... Miller and Gibson offer nothing in the pass rush.  Sheldon RIchardson is an absolute demon at DT and would give us an awesome 4 man pass rush, also he's more polished and less of a risk than Ansah. RIchardson is my vote, oh yeah he will also gonna light up the combine. 

Gotta reiterate that we do need TWO new starting cb's, I think that one of them has to come in the first two rounds of the draft and the other in FA.  Unfortunately, you never know how good of a CB we can get through free agency.   

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 19, 2013, 07:26:55 PM

Ansah would solve a lot of our issues.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 19, 2013, 07:39:16 PM

Clayborn, Bennett and Bowers is a solid DE trio, the spot that could use an upgrade is next to McCoy... Miller and Gibson offer nothing in the pass rush.  Sheldon RIchardson is an absolute demon at DT and would give us an awesome 4 man pass rush, also he's more polished and less of a risk than Ansah. RIchardson is my vote, oh yeah he will also gonna light up the combine. 

Gotta reiterate that we do need TWO new starting cb's, I think that one of them has to come in the first two rounds of the draft and the other in FA.  Unfortunately, you never know how good of a CB we can get through free agency.
Ansah or Bowers could slide inside on 3rd downs and get that pass rush we need.

Richardson is a not a bad option either. But, Ansah has a higher upside.
: January 19, 2013, 07:46:26 PM Detrimental

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 19, 2013, 10:09:06 PM

The team may feel Bowers is that guy. 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 20, 2013, 09:42:28 AM

IMO, too much boom or bust with this guy to spend a 1st on him.  A guy like this I could see taking a flyer with a mid rd pick but its really hard to sell me on using a 1st rd pick on a guy so raw.  Admittedly, I said the same thing about JPP a few years ago but that isnt the norm. 

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 20, 2013, 12:32:46 PM

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 20, 2013, 12:45:36 PM

IMO, too much boom or bust with this guy to spend a 1st on him.  A guy like this I could see taking a flyer with a mid rd pick but its really hard to sell me on using a 1st rd pick on a guy so raw.  Admittedly, I said the same thing about JPP a few years ago but that isnt the norm.

I'd agree, but I'd also say there is a difference between risking the #3 pick on a freakish athlete and risking the #13 pick on freakish athlete.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 20, 2013, 01:55:33 PM

I would love that

Lets review who is currently on our roster, with respect to the DE position - Adrian Clayborn(who was on IR last season), De'Quan Bowers(also on IR for the majority of last season), Micheal Bennett, Daniel Te'o-Nesheim, Aaron Morgan, Markus White, Ernest Owusu, & Lazarius Levingston.

Although Micheal Bennett is on the FA market this offseason, the Bucs have proven that they reward young talent with lucrative contracts time and time again. In fact, I am having a hard time coming up with even one player who has had such a positive impact on our team, that Mark Dominik hasn't retained. To drive things home a little but further, Bennett has even gone on record saying how he would love to remain with the organization. http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8682

So to recap, in lieu of Bennett's resigning, we have two very good and already seasoned DEs at the position, a backup DE who is a player of starting-caliber (at the very least), another serviceable DE in DTNesheim, as well as a handful of other backups who are seemingly insignificant to the team at this point.

I'm not sure why people are so hot about wasting a FA signing or a draft choice, for that matter, on the DE position. Yeah, our sack total ranked near the bottom of the NFL but it is clearly due to the fact that we had Myron Lewis, EJ Biggers, and some undrafted rookie free agents covering pro bowl WRs all season long. I mean, that's  like saying we should draft an OG with our 1st round draft choice. Crazy.

If you want an upgrade at the D-line, how about making a move that makes sense, like replacing Roy Miller with Sheldon Richardson, even though a CB (even one of Banks' caliber) would make the most sense here. Or how about taking an OT or TE with our 1st round draft pick? How about a WR? We could really use a nice slot guy.  Heck even drafting a S like Matt Elam would make more sense than drafting a DE this early, just so he can sit on the bench all year and possibly next year as well, just to find out down he road that he may never turnout to be any better in the NFL than Courtney Brown. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/312639-top-3-defensive-lineman-bust-since-2000/page/2
: January 20, 2013, 02:04:50 PM TampaBucks05

big_JLB

Starter

#29 : January 20, 2013, 05:24:23 PM

I'm not sure why people are so hot about wasting a FA signing or a draft choice, for that matter, on the DE position. Yeah, our sack total ranked near the bottom of the NFL but it is clearly due to the fact that we had Myron Lewis, EJ Biggers, and some undrafted rookie free agents covering pro bowl WRs all season long. I mean, that's  like saying we should draft an OG with our 1st round draft choice. Crazy.

can you please explain how having a terrible secondary completely negates a pass rush? its not like these terrible corners were just standing still out there, and QB's weren't getting passes off lightning quick. QB's had all day to throw, EVEN WHEN THEY BLITZED...but it's the terrible secondary's fault that no one could get to opposing quarterbacks...

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DE Ezekiel Ansah BYU « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools