Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should Talib's performance change the way we feel about the trade, « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 19, 2013, 11:55:44 PM

Nobody was gonna trade more than a 4th for him. A lot of people were saying we might as well cut him. I'm happy we were able to get something for him.

Totally agree!

Turn the page.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 20, 2013, 12:47:47 AM

Glad we got a pick for him as well.

Glad he isn't a Buc.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 20, 2013, 01:02:31 AM

I've seen Talib in a few NE games.  IMO, he looks like the same player.  He will get burned for a deep TD and then make a great play.

Not much has changed in that regard.  My feelings about the trade are still the same.  It was risky to sign Talib to a big, long-term contract.

You have to judge situations like that in the "here and now."  Talib did not deserve a long term contract from Tampa Bay.  The team did the right thing by not re-signing him.

Hopefully, the Bucs use the extra pick gained to grab a solid player to add to the roster.

I disagree, he's been playing with a lot more fire. He still gives up too many catches to consider him an elite player. However, all of the catches last game were heavily contested by him. The only time I've seen him burnt was in his first game with the Pats. Otherwise he has looked like a borderline pro-bowler.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 20, 2013, 01:08:03 AM

I've seen Talib in a few NE games.  IMO, he looks like the same player.  He will get burned for a deep TD and then make a great play.

Not much has changed in that regard.  My feelings about the trade are still the same.  It was risky to sign Talib to a big, long-term contract.

You have to judge situations like that in the "here and now."  Talib did not deserve a long term contract from Tampa Bay.  The team did the right thing by not re-signing him.

Hopefully, the Bucs use the extra pick gained to grab a solid player to add to the roster.

I disagree, he's been playing with a lot more fire. He still gives up too many catches to consider him an elite player. However, all of the catches last game were heavily contested by him. The only time I've seen him burnt was in his first game with the Pats. Otherwise he has looked like a borderline pro-bowler.

Contract years tend to bring out the best is some players.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 20, 2013, 02:33:30 AM

I disagree, he's been playing with a lot more fire.

I never questioned his "fire."   That was one thing I actually liked about Talib's game.  I felt like he always tried but he'd give up some big catches that hurt.  He did make some dynamite plays too. 
He will have his hands full vs the Ravens.  I'm curious to see if he can keep those WR's from getting loose.  He'll probably draw Smith, right?

Turn the page.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 20, 2013, 02:37:54 AM

I never questioned his "fire."   That was one thing I actually liked about Talib's game.  I felt like he always tried but he'd give up some big catches that hurt.  He did make some dynamite plays too. 
He will have his hands full vs the Ravens.  I'm curious to see if he can keep those WR's from getting loose.  He'll probably draw Smith, right?

Or Boldin.   They are both a handful.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 20, 2013, 02:39:57 AM

I don't know, earlier in the season for us he didn't play with the same motivation that he has right now.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 20, 2013, 02:48:41 AM

He'll probably draw Smith, right?

Or Boldin.   They are both a handful.

Oh no doubt!  Either way, Talib gets a thorough workout.

Turn the page.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 20, 2013, 06:44:34 AM

If New England wins the SB and he plays decent, some team will throw a boatload of cash at him. He'll chase the money. Lawyers don't come cheap, and he needs to keep one on speed dial. Addition by subtraction works for me.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 20, 2013, 09:27:46 AM

IMO, a trade that was good for BOTH teams. He's made the Patriots better than they were for this season, and we got something for a guy we apparently did NOT want to re-sign after this season. Win-win. It will be interesting to see if Patriots re-sign him, as their current FO is NOT known for handing out big $$$ to CBs...

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 20, 2013, 09:30:34 AM

Never. I'd rather go 0-16 next season than have Talib back on this team.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#26 : January 20, 2013, 09:53:32 AM

Talib really became a problem under Raheem.    Raheem was just too buddy buddy with the guys.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 20, 2013, 06:41:20 PM

It will be interesting to see if he is on Boldin.   or Smith.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 20, 2013, 08:33:20 PM

Talib has pulled his hamstring ...AGAIN ....who would have guessed it ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 20, 2013, 08:41:58 PM

Talib has pulled his hamstring ...AGAIN ....who would have guessed it ?

The guy just cant be counted on for so many different reasons
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should Talib's performance change the way we feel about the trade, « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools