Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Marinelli to Cowboys « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TBChucky

Starter
: January 19, 2013, 06:42:16 AM

Per NFLN. I HATE the Cowboys, but I'm interested to see what the old gang can do. I wonder if Lovie is above taking a LB coach job in big D?

TBChucky

Starter
#1 : January 19, 2013, 06:45:42 AM

I wonder if the Bucs were eying Rod, trying to bring him back to Tampa. It would kinda explain the story where Melvin was getting replaced, only to keep him on staff..

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#2 : January 19, 2013, 06:53:27 AM

I wonder if Lovie is above taking a LB coach job in big D?

No more than Chucky taking over QB coaching duties for some NFL team.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 19, 2013, 08:01:47 AM

The Cowboys defense will be efficiently effective, they have top quality coaching in their d-ranks now.

Good for Josh though. If he ever faces that team, he doesn't have to worry about the 3-4 confounding him anymore.

Cowboys got a lot better as of today, IMO.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 19, 2013, 09:07:36 AM

Lovie had a year left on his contract and is getting paid. He already said he is taking the year off.

Draft Aaron Donald

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 19, 2013, 09:58:15 AM

Think Lovie taking a year off affected the effectiveness of the Rooney Rule this off-season?

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#6 : January 19, 2013, 10:18:30 AM

I'm surprised he took the D line coaching gig in Dallas versus an open DC job somewhere.  I guess he thinks Monte at the ripe age of 72 won't be there too long and Rod can take over as DC. 

Redwave

Rookie

#7 : January 19, 2013, 02:44:12 PM

Lovie had a year left on his contract and is getting paid. He already said he is taking the year off.
Come on J, really?
We've never heard that out Coaches or agents before, have we ?
I say we won't know if he's gonna pull a Chucky until the slots are full.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 19, 2013, 07:24:57 PM

Lovie wants to become the Buccaneers Official Cornball Brotha. The position is still open.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#9 : January 19, 2013, 08:46:29 PM

As many fond memories as I have for both Monty and Rod, I find it hard to believe that they will have anything close to the same level of success as they had in Tampa. Having 4 HOFers (Sapp, Brooks, Lynch, Barber) and a host of top-notch supporting cast members (Rice, Kelly, Quarles) is the reason why those coaches enjoyed so much success. I give them kudos for getting the best out of them and implementing a system that played to their strengths. However, times change. The Tampa 2 is not as effective as it used to be and Dallas has no where near the talent that Monte and Rod enjoyed in the late 90s and early 00s.

I will be pulling for them but I don't share the optimism that many on this board seem to have.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#10 : January 19, 2013, 09:21:10 PM

As many fond memories as I have for both Monty and Rod, I find it hard to believe that they will have anything close to the same level of success as they had in Tampa. Having 4 HOFers (Sapp, Brooks, Lynch, Barber) and a host of top-notch supporting cast members (Rice, Kelly, Quarles) is the reason why those coaches enjoyed so much success. I give them kudos for getting the best out of them and implementing a system that played to their strengths. However, times change. The Tampa 2 is not as effective as it used to be and Dallas has no where near the talent that Monte and Rod enjoyed in the late 90s and early 00s.

I will be pulling for them but I don't share the optimism that many on this board seem to have.
I agree with everything you've said except I couldn't care less how well they do.  I appreciate what they brought to the team but  I hate Dallas and the way Monty left Tampa was a slap in the face. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 19, 2013, 09:40:50 PM

This ^^^

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 19, 2013, 10:30:38 PM

So you don't think those players owe anything to coaching? You think they are HoFers with bad coaching? I don't.

Besides, the Cowboys have lots of talent on defense. I think they have the potential to be very good.

Draft Aaron Donald

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#13 : January 19, 2013, 10:46:06 PM

So you don't think those players owe anything to coaching? You think they are HoFers with bad coaching? I don't.

Besides, the Cowboys have lots of talent on defense. I think they have the potential to be very good.

Why do you find the need to exaggerate and blow everything out of proportion?

I didn't say that they were bad coaches. I simply said that the talent of the players they had gave them a serious leg up. You think Mike McCoy would've been a HC candidate coming out of Denver without Manning? Have any New England coaches done well when they've gotten promotions with other teams? I'll give them credit for developing HOF caliber players but at the end of the day, it is the players that make the difference. Monte and Rod have NEVER come close to equaling their success with Tampa Bay anywhere else.
: January 19, 2013, 10:47:43 PM Hayseed

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 19, 2013, 10:50:21 PM

The Bears defense was great last year.

The Cowboys have a lot of talent on defense too. I expect their CBs to be making a lot of plays.

Sure the CB in a Tampa 2 doesn't matter as much in coverage, but they can be huge playmakers.

Look at guys like Barber, Tillman, and Jennings. Carr and Claiborne are great players and they will be game changers in the Tampa 2. They also have a good pass rush and good MLB.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Marinelli to Cowboys « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools