Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Marinelli to Cowboys « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 19, 2013, 11:39:35 PM

As many fond memories as I have for both Monty and Rod, I find it hard to believe that they will have anything close to the same level of success as they had in Tampa. Having 4 HOFers (Sapp, Brooks, Lynch, Barber) and a host of top-notch supporting cast members (Rice, Kelly, Quarles) is the reason why those coaches enjoyed so much success. I give them kudos for getting the best out of them and implementing a system that played to their strengths. However, times change. The Tampa 2 is not as effective as it used to be and Dallas has no where near the talent that Monte and Rod enjoyed in the late 90s and early 00s.

I will be pulling for them but I don't share the optimism that many on this board seem to have.

So you don't think those players owe anything to coaching? You think they are HoFers with bad coaching? I don't.

Besides, the Cowboys have lots of talent on defense. I think they have the potential to be very good.

Why do you find the need to exaggerate and blow everything out of proportion?

I didn't say that they were bad coaches. I simply said that the talent of the players they had gave them a serious leg up. You think Mike McCoy would've been a HC candidate coming out of Denver without Manning? Have any New England coaches done well when they've gotten promotions with other teams? I'll give them credit for developing HOF caliber players but at the end of the day, it is the players that make the difference. Monte and Rod have NEVER come close to equaling their success with Tampa Bay anywhere else.

Im not exaggerating anything. You said they had success becuase of the players. I think you have to have both great coaching and great players to have the type of success we had for a decade....and monte hasnt had the same type of success as he did in tampa becuase he hasnt been a DC for anyone else in the NFL since he left...so how could he?

I look at sean lee, demarcus ware, jay ratliff, bruce carter, brandon carr, and momo...and I see the potential for greatness under kiffin. They need to get a couple true pass rushing DEs, but they gave a good mix of young and old talent. Well see. I still hate the cowboys.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Marinelli to Cowboys « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools