Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kenny Vaccaro « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Psych

Starter

: January 19, 2013, 12:48:52 PM

I've been pretty adamant that the Bucs need to draft Johnthan Banks, whether they reach or trade back. However, I'm starting to have a change of heart. Most people here are currently jumping on the Ansah bandwagon and for good reason. He could be a pass rushing freak, but in my opinion we need to rebuild our most obvious needs. If all things work out, we will have Clayborn, Bowers, Bennett all 100% and ready to be our pass rush. Im not ready to give up on them, just yet. Our defensive backs are still miserable and were the reason for a lot of losses.

I don't know if Ronde is sticking around or not, but even if he is. Drafting Kenny Vaccaro to take over FS is wise. It gives us our safeties for the future and if Ronde sticks around, he could move back to Nickel. With this selection we wont be reaching and we get a need.

Ideal situation..
Sign DRC
Draft Vaccaro and Rhodes or Ryan with our first two picks

McCoy93

Starter

#1 : January 19, 2013, 01:22:45 PM

I love Vaccaro as a prospect. He is my top ranked safety and i have him going mid 1st round. Got the fluid hips and love his ability to play man coverage.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 19, 2013, 01:26:23 PM

I wouldn't mind it at all. We would have our safety duo for the next 10-15 years.

TheQ

Starter

#3 : January 19, 2013, 01:29:52 PM

The BUCS need help on the DLine and Secondary...top flight CBs should be on the top of the list for FA.
Safety would be a luxury.

Redwave

Second String

#4 : January 19, 2013, 02:20:09 PM

A stud Safety would be fine by me. Build for a solid future and get legitimate talent for the secondary. Don't waste high picks on low ceiling players or projects.
Don't give me a Biggers or a Piscitelli. I'd rather take a chance on a couple of very average/experienced free agent CB's, & the "Best Available" DB that appears to have the intangibles.
Also, don't forget our free agent pickup from last season. Wright has no real leverage for a big contract w/ anyone else.
Assuming he wasn't actually a team cancer beyond the adderall transgression,  I might consider offering a redo of his contract at a fair, but substantially lower rate for 1-2 Yrs.
Put the protection clauses in place again, and nice incentives for performance.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 19, 2013, 02:27:44 PM

Oh god, you are serious? LOL. Yes let us nail down the oh so important safety tandem for the future.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 19, 2013, 02:34:08 PM

Watched a lot of Vaccaro this year. I would be happy with the Bucs getting Vaccaro on one condition. We don't use the #13 to do it. #13 needs to be used on one of the CBs.

Vaccaro is not a game changing S. He will be solid at the pro level, just like Barron...but that is probably his ceiling. To be honest, it would be a better value for us to take Reid in the 2nd. Reid and Vaccaro will have about the same amount of impact in the NFL.

Vaccaro isn't great against the pass either....sound familiar? If we use our 1st rounder on Vaccaro, it would be a waste.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 19, 2013, 07:35:15 PM

im only ok with Vacarro IF...........we trade back into the mid 20s. like chace said hes not a gamebreaker ed reed type guy. to be honest id rather take tony jefferson or eric reid in the 2nd if we really wanted a safety. hell i tihnk i liek phillip thomas in the 4th more than i like vacarro

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 19, 2013, 07:47:44 PM

Vaccaro isn't a coverage safety.

DJ Swearinger is though.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 19, 2013, 09:40:03 PM

I don't think safety is high priority this offseason.  Too many other needs.  Black looked decent, and even if Ronde hangs then up, a Barron / Black duo would get the job done.  IMO

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 19, 2013, 10:35:20 PM

I don't think safety is high priority this offseason.  Too many other needs.  Black looked decent, and even if Ronde hangs then up, a Barron / Black duo would get the job done.  IMO

Agreed. Though, I would like to add another safety in the mid rounds to play in long yardage situations, or just in case Black starts to suck.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 19, 2013, 10:41:56 PM

If we draft a safety in the 1st round again, I'll literally puke.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 19, 2013, 10:47:06 PM

lol same

CB, DE, or maybe just overload the offensive with skill position talent

any other option is just a waste

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 19, 2013, 10:47:49 PM

I wouldn't put it past'em.

Two years in a row drafting safeties in the 1st who suck against the pass.

Typical "us".
: January 19, 2013, 10:59:22 PM chace1986

McCoy93

Starter

#14 : January 19, 2013, 10:55:17 PM

I doubt we take a safety in the 1st this year; but 2 out of the last three years we have doubled up on certain positions
: January 19, 2013, 10:59:13 PM Benn17
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kenny Vaccaro « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools