Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Urban Meyer ...Losing Josh McDaniels hurt Tebow's career « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: January 19, 2013, 11:21:20 PM

Urban Meyer 'just waiting to see what happens' with Tim Tebow's NFL career

Robert Klemko, USA TODAY Sports
5:24p.m. EST January 17, 2013

(Photo: Chris Graythen, Getty Images)

What's been the biggest obstacle in the stalling career of NFL quarterback Tim Tebow?

His college coach, Urban Meyer, traces Tebow's current state of limbo back to the firing of Josh McDaniels, the coach who drafted Tebow to the Denver Broncos in the first round three years ago.

"It's a great question," Meyer tells USA TODAY Sports. "I think that his coaching transition is a big part of it, with the guy that drafted him in the first round getting fired immediately. Then he goes to New York and that doesn't work out the way they envisioned."

That's for sure. The Jets are expected to trade or release Tebow this offseason after acquiring him last March and predicting he would take about 25% of starter Mark Sanchez's snaps. He took about 10% and completed six passes with 102 yards rushing.

So what's next? Where is the next stop for the former Heisman Trophy winning quarterback?

"I'm like anyone else," says Meyer, the former Florida and current Ohio State coach. "I'm just waiting to see what happens."

Did Meyer ever guess Tebow might find himself in this spot, three years into an NFL career?

"It is a surprise for me. He has a unique skill set. But I have faith in Tim, and I think it will work out."

Meyer says he talks to Tebow every week and believes he can succeed in a spread offense like the ones used in varying degrees this season by the Washington Redskins, Seattle Seahawks, San Francisco 49ers and Carolina Panthers.

Newsday tracked down Tebow in Arizona on Wednesday, but he told the newspaper he's "just working out."

Follow Robert Klemko on Twitter @RobertKlemko

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 20, 2013, 01:37:47 AM

...So Meyer is advertising tebow now?

Damn, it's sad if it's really going to take his college HC to land him a gig in the NFL.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#2 : January 20, 2013, 05:16:19 AM

The thing you have to remember about Tebow is that he's only 25 years old. He's had to learn a new offensive system every year. Remember how long it took Eli Manning to get good in a system?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 20, 2013, 01:14:45 PM

The thing you have to remember about Tebow is that he's only 25 years old. He's had to learn a new offensive system every year. Remember how long it took Eli Manning to get good in a system?
Don't forget that his poor throwing motion is the defenses fault

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 20, 2013, 03:49:19 PM

Don't forget that his poor throwing motion is Tebow's moms fault.

Too many dips in the hot tub baked timmy's brain.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#5 : January 20, 2013, 07:35:57 PM

Exactly the same as Josh Freeman.

Except that Freeman is a proven loser and Tebow is a proven winner.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Urban Meyer ...Losing Josh McDaniels hurt Tebow's career « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools