Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BucsBay Offseason Plan « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 20, 2013, 11:14:38 AM

im not gonna sugarcoat this. I utterly hate that mock. if we drafted that way id puke. the only pick there I think is decent is kyle long. we are ignoring needs at CB. I don't really like either of those FA signings and id rather have fresh players to mold than guys who have washed out elsewhere.

Sorry I didn't have you're all Florida State draft you're pulling for.

don't get pissy because I don't like your mock. and don't make ludicrous claims that I want an all FSU draft. ive already got an all FSU team, its called FSU. I am only concerned with making the Bucs better. that draft doesn't do anything for me and doesn't address our needs in long term fashion.

freeney is in his mid 30s and on his last legs

welker is in his 30s and commands a massive contract. his success is definitely driven by playing with tom brady and I think wed be getting a lesser player on a huge contract who will underperform with freeman as his qb

mike Jenkins has had 1 good year in dallas and a bunch of mediocre to terrible years. weve already got mediocre and terrible corners on this team. we don't need more

Rodgers-cromartie sucks. I don't want him for the same reason that I don't want Jenkins. dude plays lazy and has a big contract number. no thanks

reggie bush wont play second fiddle to doug martin. too much ego and I don't think the dolphins will let him go anyway since hes been solid the last couple years.

you are betting the farm on over age and overrated players. no thank. id rather start over with corners like banks,rhodes, milliner, poyer, and ryan. this draft is heavy on passrushers that are 11 years younger than freeney.

im not taking personal shots at you, just pointing out that this is not a good plan to make the team better. im far from the only one that thinks this is the case.

Whether it is Millner, Banks, Ryan, Poyer, or Rhodes (who I like the best of the group despite the shot at FSU) a rookie CB is going to come in and get burned, especially if they are playing behind the same pass rush as last year. This team needs one veteran free agent CB at the least, and 2 would really open options in the draft. This team needs an improved pass rush, and the same group as last year aren't enough to get it done.

By your comment that Welker would be a waste with Freeman as his QB, you can tell that you are in the group who don't believe we'll win next year with Free as our QB anyway. So why get so worked up about it? Some of us think we can win with Freeman, and we actually want to make the playoffs this year and keep our current head coach, and GM, and QB.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 20, 2013, 11:20:38 AM

im not gonna sugarcoat this. I utterly hate that mock. if we drafted that way id puke. the only pick there I think is decent is kyle long. we are ignoring needs at CB. I don't really like either of those FA signings and id rather have fresh players to mold than guys who have washed out elsewhere.

don't get pissy because I don't like your mock. and don't make ludicrous claims that I want an all FSU draft. ive already got an all FSU team, its called FSU. I am only concerned with making the Bucs better. that draft doesn't do anything for me and doesn't address our needs in long term fashion.

welker is in his 30s and commands a massive contract. his success is definitely driven by playing with tom brady and I think wed be getting a lesser player on a huge contract who will underperform with freeman as his qb

mike Jenkins has had 1 good year in dallas and a bunch of mediocre to terrible years. weve already got mediocre and terrible corners on this team. we don't need more

Rodgers-cromartie sucks. I don't want him for the same reason that I don't want Jenkins. dude plays lazy and has a big contract number. no thanks

reggie bush wont play second fiddle to doug martin. too much ego and I don't think the dolphins will let him go anyway since hes been solid the last couple years.

you are betting the farm on over age and overrated players. no thank. id rather start over with corners like banks,rhodes, milliner, poyer, and ryan. this draft is heavy on passrushers that are 11 years younger than freeney.

im not taking personal shots at you, just pointing out that this is not a good plan to make the team better. im far from the only one that thinks this is the case.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 20, 2013, 11:41:32 AM

Whether it is Millner, Banks, Ryan, Poyer, or Rhodes (who I like the best of the group despite the shot at FSU) a rookie CB is going to come in and get burned, especially if they are playing behind the same pass rush as last year. This team needs one veteran free agent CB at the least, and 2 would really open options in the draft. This team needs an improved pass rush, and the same group as last year aren't enough to get it done.

By your comment that Welker would be a waste with Freeman as his QB, you can tell that you are in the group who don't believe we'll win next year with Free as our QB anyway. So why get so worked up about it? Some of us think we can win with Freeman, and we actually want to make the playoffs this year and keep our current head coach, and GM, and QB.

im actually in the minority that thinks we can win with freeman. the problem is his intermediate accuracy. welker isn't a deep threat and usually does his work 8-10 yards off the line. freeman's accuracy isn't that good in that range so I dunno if he can consistently hit welker in that range. I also don't want a receiver whos been with a guy like tom brady for this long. it makes you wonder if his production is based off of working with a top 3 qb. guys like manning and brady can make average wide receivers look like hall of famers. the patriots run a very passer friendly but complex scheme. that spread set takes advantage of welker's route running and brady's accuracy and mind. I just don't know if freeman and welker can get on the same page quick enough to justify paying him 11mil a year

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 20, 2013, 11:58:17 AM

im actually in the minority that thinks we can win with freeman. the problem is his intermediate accuracy. welker isn't a deep threat and usually does his work 8-10 yards off the line. freeman's accuracy isn't that good in that range so I dunno if he can consistently hit welker in that range. I also don't want a receiver whos been with a guy like tom brady for this long. it makes you wonder if his production is based off of working with a top 3 qb. guys like manning and brady can make average wide receivers look like hall of famers. the patriots run a very passer friendly but complex scheme. that spread set takes advantage of welker's route running and brady's accuracy and mind. I just don't know if freeman and welker can get on the same page quick enough to justify paying him 11mil a year

I don't think Welker will cost quite $11 million a year, it may be close but it is really only going to be a 2 year deal for that much and then nothing guaranteed after that. The reason I want Welker is that if an offseason working with him can't improve Freeman's short to intermediate accuracy, nothing will. Those passes are about timing, and knowing a guy is going to be open and be where he is supposed to be. Things Welker is the best in the league at doing.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BucsBay Offseason Plan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools