Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I Feel Dirty, But... We Should Be Pulling For The FALCONS...! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#90 : January 20, 2013, 10:14:30 PM

LOL, can't believe this guy still has posting privileges after stealing from people on the forum. I will say that, while yes, BucsFTW is a thief, he's also a raving lunatic that likely has a few dead bodies stored away in his closet.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#91 : January 20, 2013, 11:09:26 PM

LOL, can't believe this guy still has posting privileges after stealing from people on the forum. I will say that, while yes, BucsFTW is a thief, he's also a raving lunatic that likely has a few dead bodies stored away in his closet.

He seems to disappear for long stretches, I am thinking its 30 day suspensions or more.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#92 : January 21, 2013, 12:20:03 AM

He reminds me a lot of Gary Busey. He seems to think that every word he posts is clever and intellectual....but it comes out just as Biggs said, "diarrhea-esque B/S".  He is now a running joke on this board. Poor guy. Get some help.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Ludicrous Speed

Starter
#93 : January 21, 2013, 02:46:10 AM

I was surprised (and aghast) when I saw the title of this topic - another alluded to this syndrome and I'll expound upon it a bit:  Only weak, fair-weather tampafan would root for a division rival to win it all (so our enemy's fans could then rub it in our face from now on - hooray to that, huh?)  How many believe that Red Sox fan roots for the Yankees to win it all when the Sox miss the playoffs, or vice-versa?  Who thinks that the city of Chicago was rooting for the Packers to win another Superbowl after the Bears missed the playoffs again this year, because they believe that the Bears' credibility is tied to how successful the Packers are?  I say, "No way!"  Why do I say this?  Because HARD CORE fans that root for a division rival are not only rooting that their rival will die, but that they're going to eat the pie in Stephen King's "Thinner" about which the old gypsy says, 'they're gonna die bad.'

As for the "division credibility" argument, another show of hands:  How many think the accomplishments of those 49er teams that won all those Superbowls are tarnished because they played in that old NFC West division with perennial whipping boys - Falcons and Saints, and the Rams were decent only about half the time, if that.  Was it an easier path to the playoffs each year?  Probably, but the Joe Montana teams of the 80s and the Steve Young team of the 90s are considered one of the best teams of all time because when they played the good teams during the regular season and in the playoffs, they took care of business, so nobody cares if the Falcons couldn't put together two winning seasons in a row during that entire time.

So I'm glad that the Falcons fulfilled their destiny by choking again (should have happened last week, but as Dennis Green said, "They let 'em off the hook.")  I'm glad because I'm sick to death of falcon apologists droning on and on, whining about how they're not getting their props... their respect... their lovey-dovey luv.  Because now that the Falcons have once again shown their true colors, all the falcon whiners are going to be compelled to STFU and crawl back under their rocks.  And to that I say yea, baby, yeah. 
: January 21, 2013, 02:51:15 AM Ludicrous Speed

Meet the new bossSame as the old boss

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#94 : January 21, 2013, 05:52:05 AM

He reminds me a lot of Gary Busey. He seems to think that every word he posts is clever and intellectual....

I sat across the aisle from Busey on a flight from Vegas to Dallas once back in the late 90's.    We talked to each other the entire flight.    He's a crazy bastard for sure and loves to hear himself talk, but I was fairly impressed how he was able to hold a conversation on almost any topic.    It was an interesting flight.   The chick he was with was one of the hottest women I've ever seen in person in my life.   

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#95 : January 21, 2013, 06:05:06 AM

Saints fans wouldve been livid if the Falcons won a SB on their field.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#96 : January 21, 2013, 06:26:41 AM

That wasn't a chick, Java, that was James Brown.

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/james-brown-mug-shot-300x300.jpg

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#97 : January 21, 2013, 01:51:36 PM

So...now that the Falcons have lost...does this mean that we stand no shot next year? Should we be concerned?

Also, when do I get my "Team Raheem" t-shirt?

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#98 : January 21, 2013, 01:55:59 PM

So...now that the Falcons have lost...does this mean that we stand no shot next year? Should we be concerned?

Also, when do I get my "Team Raheem" t-shirt?
The first part - made me chuckle.

Now the T-Shirt would be BucsFTW for sure - but pay C.O.D.   ;)

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Hate

Hall of Famer
#99 : January 21, 2013, 02:01:34 PM

I was surprised (and aghast) when I saw the title of this topic - another alluded to this syndrome and I'll expound upon it a bit:  Only weak, fair-weather tampafan would root for a division rival to win it all (so our enemy's fans could then rub it in our face from now on - hooray to that, huh?)  How many believe that Red Sox fan roots for the Yankees to win it all when the Sox miss the playoffs, or vice-versa?  Who thinks that the city of Chicago was rooting for the Packers to win another Superbowl after the Bears missed the playoffs again this year, because they believe that the Bears' credibility is tied to how successful the Packers are?  I say, "No way!"  Why do I say this?  Because HARD CORE fans that root for a division rival are not only rooting that their rival will die, but that they're going to eat the pie in Stephen King's "Thinner" about which the old gypsy says, 'they're gonna die bad.'

As for the "division credibility" argument, another show of hands:  How many think the accomplishments of those 49er teams that won all those Superbowls are tarnished because they played in that old NFC West division with perennial whipping boys - Falcons and Saints, and the Rams were decent only about half the time, if that.  Was it an easier path to the playoffs each year?  Probably, but the Joe Montana teams of the 80s and the Steve Young team of the 90s are considered one of the best teams of all time because when they played the good teams during the regular season and in the playoffs, they took care of business, so nobody cares if the Falcons couldn't put together two winning seasons in a row during that entire time.

So I'm glad that the Falcons fulfilled their destiny by choking again (should have happened last week, but as Dennis Green said, "They let 'em off the hook.")  I'm glad because I'm sick to death of falcon apologists droning on and on, whining about how they're not getting their props... their respect... their lovey-dovey luv.  Because now that the Falcons have once again shown their true colors, all the falcon whiners are going to be compelled to STFU and crawl back under their rocks.  And to that I say yea, baby, yeah.

I am HATE....and i endorse this message.

There have been some really ignorant threads posted here over the years but this one definitely ranks as an all time great. Silly doesn't even begin to describe it.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#100 : January 21, 2013, 02:34:33 PM

That wasn't a chick, Java, that was James Brown.

Damn, maybe you are right.

Actually, it was some blonde bimbo type of chick.   Absolutely gorgeous with beautiful blonde hair, blue eyes and great silicone breasts.   A Pamela Anderson type.    She sat in the window seat in first class across the aisle from me.  I was thinking maybe nobody was going to sit next to her and I could hit on her until Busey came running on the plane at the last second and sat with her.   That was when he still looked normal.  He looks pretty freaky these days, but I bet he can still pay for chicks as hot as that one.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#101 : January 21, 2013, 02:40:20 PM

" great silicone breasts. "

No such thing exists.

That was when he still looked normal. "

Every time I see him I think "a horse somewhere is missing its teeth." It's even worse when you see him in person.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#102 : January 21, 2013, 02:42:56 PM

Every time I see him I think "a horse somewhere is missing its teeth." It's even worse when you see him in person.

Kind of like this?

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#103 : January 21, 2013, 02:50:42 PM

I can't think of a single scenario where I'd root for the Falcons. Well, maybe against the Cowboys. I would never watch that matchup though, as I'd be disappointed if either of them won...

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#104 : January 21, 2013, 02:50:45 PM

Wow, I never looked too close before, but those are pretty bad. Nowhere near as bad as Busey, though.

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I Feel Dirty, But... We Should Be Pulling For The FALCONS...! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools