Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I hate the Glazers. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Holy Facepalm

Starter
« #45 : January 21, 2013, 10:15:50 AM »

Very doubtful.
Don't transfer your hate of Java to the people he boasts of.

“There is going to be a Buccaneer way and they’re going to be Buccaneer men.’’
“There are 1,440 minutes in a day. What you make of them, that’s going to determine our success.’’

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #46 : January 21, 2013, 11:47:43 AM »

Very doubtful.

Very doubtful? We needed offense.....and you type as if Gruden was the only guy capable of providing that.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #47 : January 21, 2013, 11:51:36 AM »

Very doubtful.

Very doubtful? We needed offense.....and you type as if Gruden was the only guy capable of providing that.
LOL - now you recall the coaching search at the time - and the candidates.  And you know of all the candidates the one that might and did win a SB was hired - at too high a price (the draft pick part). 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #48 : January 21, 2013, 11:51:54 AM »

The British guy got you there, Java.

Paul's more like Mini-Me.

« : January 21, 2013, 11:53:25 AM JavaRay »

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #49 : January 21, 2013, 11:54:08 AM »

One question...............does anyone think Jon Gruden would have won the SB with the 2012 Bucs?.............................Nobody.......not possible.

Another question................does anyone think Greg Schiano could have won the SB with the 2002 Bucs?...................................Yep...........much more likely.

I'm of the opinion that a lot of coaches not named Dungy could have won with that '02 team.

Agreed, but who could do it with the 2012 team?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #50 : January 21, 2013, 11:55:30 AM »

Gruden

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #51 : January 21, 2013, 11:57:43 AM »

It is likely they would have won more games - but without a Dbackfield it is hard to imagine a team winning a SB - especially with so much of the game slanted to the benefit of the offense.... a defense almost has to have turnovers for a team to be competitive. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #52 : January 21, 2013, 12:04:02 PM »

Gruden

You misunderstood. Tebow is still with the Jets. Gruden couldn't possibly do it with a record setting QB like Freeman. He would ruin him.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #53 : January 21, 2013, 12:04:22 PM »

It is likely they would have won more games - but without a Dbackfield it is hard to imagine a team winning a SB - especially with so much of the game slanted to the benefit of the offense.... a defense almost has to have turnovers for a team to be competitive.

Ravens.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #54 : January 21, 2013, 12:05:50 PM »

Gruden couldn't possibly do it with a record setting QB like Freeman. He would ruin him.

Freeman would not have been the QB for Gruden in 2012.   It would have been Peyton Manning.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #55 : January 21, 2013, 12:07:55 PM »

Gruden won the Super Bowl his first season with the Bucs. Schiano went 7-9 in his first year with the Bucs.  It's pretty obvious who the real genius is

Jon Gruden took over a 9-7 team and won three more games in his first regular season.
Greg Schiano took over a 4-12 team and won ...... three more games in his first regular season.
The 2012 Buccaneers posted their best offensive ranking in their 37-year history.

You like to make out you know so much about Buc history on this forum and then I come along, who really does know the history of the franchise, and you get put back under the bridge where you and the other trolls belong.

Quite the history lesson you gave here.  You went all the way back to 2002 to dig up that little nugget.  I'm impressed.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
« #56 : January 21, 2013, 12:13:22 PM »

All that Hate said.   ( I can't believe I just typed that!!!!lol)

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #57 : January 21, 2013, 12:14:33 PM »

Why do you guys feel so strongly about scenarios you made up in your mind?  Taking a hardline stance on a make believe scenario is wild to me. I'll just agree that java wins again...another thread hijacked into the greatness of a color commentator.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #58 : January 21, 2013, 01:23:23 PM »

That does seem to be the part they never catch on to - once you start playing, you've already lost.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #59 : January 21, 2013, 01:25:53 PM »

Very doubtful.

LOL - now you recall the coaching search at the time - and the candidates.  And you know of all the candidates the one that might and did win a SB was hired - at too high a price (the draft pick part).

Mariucci, a worthy target, got his team to the playoffs..... without the benefit of the #1 defense in the league.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I hate the Glazers. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools