Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could Freeman have done what Kaepernick or Flacco did today? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 21, 2013, 12:29:57 AM

I think he can do it. It's up to him though. Time for him to grow up.

gone

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 21, 2013, 12:35:49 AM

Actually, i take that back. He has the ability to.....but i guess the more appropriate question would be does anyone trust him to.

I don't think he has the ability to.  He simply processes too slowly.  He's a one-read and checkdown QB.  If he gets enough time sometimes he can get two reads, but the panic starts to set in around that point.

gone

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 21, 2013, 12:37:26 AM

Kaepernick didn't do anything special this game, but the threat of him running is what opened up the run game for the RBs. Freeman doesn't have that.

Flacco didn't do anything special either. He just didn't make any mistakes, and threw a bunch of jump balls to Boldin.

You apparently missed Flacco going through his progressions and consistently moving the chains. 

gone

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 21, 2013, 12:37:49 AM

I think he can do it. It's up to him though. Time for him to grow up.

Give him a break, he's only 25.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 21, 2013, 12:40:01 AM

We will never know.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 21, 2013, 12:48:05 AM

Kaepernick didn't do anything special this game, but the threat of him running is what opened up the run game for the RBs. Freeman doesn't have that.

Flacco didn't do anything special either. He just didn't make any mistakes, and threw a bunch of jump balls to Boldin.

Colin Kaepernick completed 16-of-21 throws for 233 yards and one touchdown, and rushed twice for 21 yards as San Francisco defeated Atlanta in Sunday's NFC title game.
He didn't commit a turnover and averaged over 11 yards per pass attempt

QBR....122.8

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 21, 2013, 12:49:28 AM

Yes, if he had the Ravens and 49ers supporting cast.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 21, 2013, 12:50:46 AM

Colin Kaepernick completed 16-of-21 throws for 233 yards and one touchdown, and rushed twice for 21 yards as San Francisco defeated Atlanta in Sunday's NFC title game.
He didn't commit a turnover and averaged over 11 yards per pass attempt

QBR....122.8

Kaepernick had ALL DAY to throw the ball. He literally could step in and wind up before he made half of his throws. The 49ers o-line is awesome and the Falcons pass rush was non existent. Any decent QB could have had a great passing day with that much time to throw the ball.

McCoy93

Starter

#23 : January 21, 2013, 12:54:22 AM

Does anybody here think if Harbough sticks with Smith the niners don't even make it to the superbowl? I feel that Green bay and niners game would have been closer if smith is still the QB

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 21, 2013, 12:59:17 AM

I think Freeman can do what Flacco did today. Kaepernick is a completely different type of QB who brings different issues to defend and is a tough guy to compare to either Flacco or Freeman.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 21, 2013, 09:01:18 AM

Kaepernick does have a stud o-line.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 21, 2013, 09:20:47 AM

Making a run to the super bowl is about getting hot at the right time. Back when we were tearing teams apart and leading the league in offense.....Damn right Freeman could do it. But it's about hitting your stride at the right time. We have seen Freeman be that guy, and if you look at some of the average QB's who got hot at the right time to take their teams to the super bowl you would know he could do it.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 21, 2013, 09:21:37 AM

Physically, he probably has the ability. Mentally...I certainly don't believe so. You put Freeman on either team that is left...and neither would be playing in two weeks. Kaepernick and Flacco have just as much to do with their teams being in the SB as their supporting casts. Anyone who pretends like these guys got carried to the SB..those people are delusional.

...I also wonder if NFL.com will put an "*" next to any of Kaepernick's stats that have the disclaimer: "Just so we don't hurt anyone's feelings about the QB performance on 1/20/13, please keep in mind that Kaepernick was only able to accomplish this because he had good pass blocking"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 21, 2013, 09:24:02 AM

...I also wonder if NFL.com will put an "*" next to any of Kaepernick's stats that have the disclaimer: "Just so we don't hurt anyone's feelings about the QB performance on 1/20/13, please keep in mind that Kaepernick was only able to accomplish this because he had good pass blocking"

Lmao. I wonder if its occurred to that poster that teams rush Kap differently because they're so concerned about him breaking containment?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 21, 2013, 09:27:18 AM

Could Freeman have had the exact same set of circumstances he's had up until Saturday and then walk into the Ravens or 49ers locker rooms and do what Flacco and Kaepernick did? No. Could he have been drafted by the Ravens five years ago, had great coaching and great teammates all the way through, and then do what Flacco did? Maybe. Could he have been drafted by the 49ers two years ago, had great coaching and great teammates all the way through, watched for a year and a half, and then do what Kaepernick did? Maybe.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could Freeman have done what Kaepernick or Flacco did today? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools