Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could Freeman have done what Kaepernick or Flacco did today? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 21, 2013, 09:29:40 AM

...I also wonder if NFL.com will put an "*" next to any of Kaepernick's stats that have the disclaimer: "Just so we don't hurt anyone's feelings about the QB performance on 1/20/13, please keep in mind that Kaepernick was only able to accomplish this because he had good pass blocking"

Lmao. I wonder if its occurred to that poster that teams rush Kap differently because they're so concerned about him breaking containment?
Everyone thought San Francisco had the best offensive line in the NFL while Kaepernick was still on the bench.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#31 : January 21, 2013, 11:07:56 AM

" Could Freeman have done what Kaepernick or Flacco did today? "

Today? Sure. Yesterday? Not so much.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 21, 2013, 11:11:20 AM

...I also wonder if NFL.com will put an "*" next to any of Kaepernick's stats that have the disclaimer: "Just so we don't hurt anyone's feelings about the QB performance on 1/20/13, please keep in mind that Kaepernick was only able to accomplish this because he had good pass blocking"

Lmao. I wonder if its occurred to that poster that teams rush Kap differently because they're so concerned about him breaking containment?
Everyone thought San Francisco had the best offensive line in the NFL while Kaepernick was still on the bench.

I'm not debating that at all..... but the fear he strikes into defenses makes them change the way they rush.

-------------------------------------------------------

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 21, 2013, 11:42:12 AM

No because the Bucs defense would have blown the lead at the end and everyone would blame Freeman for not scoring enough points to put the game away.

: January 21, 2013, 11:44:59 AM JC5100

Hate

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 21, 2013, 11:45:48 AM

No because the Bucs defense would have blown the lead at the end and everyone would blame Freeman for not scoring enough points to put the game away.

you mean the same grief that Ryan is taking for going scoreless in the 2nd half?

-------------------------------------------------------

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#35 : January 21, 2013, 11:49:05 AM

Actually, i take that back. He has the ability to.....but i guess the more appropriate question would be does anyone trust him to.
This.

He definitely could. But I wouldn't wager on it

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 21, 2013, 11:50:51 AM

you mean the same grief that Ryan is taking for going scoreless in the 2nd half?

Ryan grief has more to do with those two horrific turnovers.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 21, 2013, 12:11:35 PM

Freeman will recieve this much doubt until he gets where Flacco/Kaepernick is. I think he can get there someday but it doesnt matter what I think. Hes gotta be the one to do it.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 21, 2013, 12:14:59 PM

DEFINITELY NO  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 21, 2013, 12:26:59 PM

So much doubt around the kid. I guess he hasnt really shown a whole lot of reason not to but thats the NFL do it now or die. But I do find it funny that many, including myself compared Freeman to Flacco. Many were saying its not a good thing to be compared to him. Flacco hasnt been a very good QB for most of his career. Hes made plenty of mistakes. My cousin is a huge fan of the Ravens and has bashed Flacco worse than Ive seen people bash Freeman on here, yet hes going to the big show now. Im telling you Freeman is capable of doing it someday. Hes gotta have the team around him to make it possible. He cant be the sole reason to go and Flacco wasnt either. Their defense stood tall vs Brady. If the Bucs can get their defense playing great, Freeman can be good enough to do it for us too. I have confidence the big man can do it. But we need a team effort. GO BUCS!!!
: January 21, 2013, 12:28:50 PM BucBalla85

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 21, 2013, 12:30:59 PM

Can Freeman do it? Of course. But he sure hasn't made fans feel giddy about consecutive strong performances in crunch time.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 21, 2013, 12:33:50 PM

Can Freeman do it? Of course. But he sure hasn't made fans feel giddy about consecutive strong performances in crunch time.

I expect nothing but negativity towards the kid until he either

1. Wins the big games

2. Leaves and goes somewhere else.

Ill just sit back and hope he does well for us. I personally dont want to have to start all over again. If we get somebody else hopefully he can step right in and be an upgrade at the postion. Otherwise were going backwards imo.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 21, 2013, 12:41:46 PM

Well, Ryan threw a INT and fumbled the ball in the 2nd half. He deserves "grief"

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#43 : January 21, 2013, 12:42:37 PM

" He definitely could. But I wouldn't wager on it "

He definitely has the possibility to do it for one game - because he's wildly inconsistent.

But there's no way he could do it all the way through the playoffs - because he's wildly inconsistent.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 21, 2013, 12:43:48 PM

Kaepernick didn't do anything special this game, but the threat of him running is what opened up the run game for the RBs. Freeman doesn't have that.

Flacco didn't do anything special either. He just didn't make any mistakes, and threw a bunch of jump balls to Boldin.

You apparently missed Flacco going through his progressions and consistently moving the chains.
I watched Flacco trying to force the ball to Torrey Smith in the first half of the game and then him finally realizing he had double coverage and went to his check downs in Rice, Pitta, and Q the 2nd half.

I'll give some credit to Jim Caldwell for his performance.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could Freeman have done what Kaepernick or Flacco did today? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools