Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could Freeman have done what Kaepernick or Flacco did today? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#45 : January 21, 2013, 12:44:04 PM

Can Freeman do it? Of course. But he sure hasn't made fans feel giddy about consecutive strong performances in crunch time.

I expect nothing but negativity towards the kid until he either

1. Wins the big games

2. Leaves and goes somewhere else.

Ill just sit back and hope he does well for us. I personally dont want to have to start all over again. If we get somebody else hopefully he can step right in and be an upgrade at the postion. Otherwise were going backwards imo.

We are already missing the playoffs with Freeman. People act like a QB change would be like a drop from the stratosphere. If he can't get it done again next year, then we might as well take a chance on a new QB. The risk of going 4-12 vs. going 7-9 is worth it if you get a guy who can lead the offense to where it needs to be. It's not like we are a perennial playoff team that is risking a fall from grace. 

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#46 : January 21, 2013, 12:45:08 PM

Hes had good streaks too. This year in the 4 game win streak he was very good. In 2010 He got very hot at the end of the season. I think hes capable of getting hot for the playoffs too. Of course the whole team needs to get hot. I think they can do it.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#47 : January 21, 2013, 12:46:47 PM

Can Freeman do it? Of course. But he sure hasn't made fans feel giddy about consecutive strong performances in crunch time.

1. Wins the big games

Ill just sit back and hope he does well for us. I personally dont want to have to start all over again. If we get somebody else hopefully he can step right in and be an upgrade at the postion. Otherwise were going backwards imo.

We are already missing the playoffs with Freeman. People act like a QB change would be like a drop from the stratosphere. If he can't get it done again next year, then we might as well take a chance on a new QB. The risk of going 4-12 vs. going 7-9 is worth it if you get a guy who can lead the offense to where it needs to be. It's not like we are a perennial playoff team that is risking a fall from grace.

They missed it this year yes but in my opinion it wasnt all Freemans fault. I think next season if the defense improves, Freeman improves and gets to be a little more consistent they can be a playoff team. And from there anything can happen. And yes I think this is all possible.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#48 : January 21, 2013, 12:48:13 PM

1. Wins the big games

This defense is not playoff caliber. And the odds Tampa finding a QB that can overcome a bad defense(Rodgers,Brady, Manning, Brees) are as slim to none. So, no thank you.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#49 : January 21, 2013, 12:52:35 PM

Freeman usually plays his best when the team is playing well. I think thats fair. Id rather the whole team collectively win than just one guy willing the team to victory. I dont think this day and age you can really find a guy willing his team to victory. I dont think either team in the SB now has done it that way. I dont know why fans get the idea its supposed to be like that but its not. Brady, Rodgers, Manning are all out of the playoffs. They didnt play well as a team. SF and Baltimore did as they got great play from their defense and their QB and they are in the big show. This bucs team can do that too if they make some adjustments. I have no doubt.
: January 21, 2013, 12:54:10 PM BucBalla85

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#50 : January 21, 2013, 12:55:09 PM

Most of the attention this offseason is going to be acquiring defensive talent. Rightfully so, cause the defense is also going to have to get better to keep the team in the game, at times, because of inconsistent QB play....and no, Freeman is not mostly to blame....but the dude is far from blameless. His inconsistency hurts the defense in some areas, as well. The offense not being able to sustain drives which does not advance field possession and also puts the D right back on the field. That was, at times, a problem this past season. We'll certainly see what Freeman does in '13. I'm not calling for his head now, but will be doing so if he has yet another year of overall mediocre play.
: January 21, 2013, 12:56:43 PM chace1986

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#51 : January 21, 2013, 12:56:18 PM

The risk of going 4-12 vs. going 7-9 is worth it if you get a guy who can lead the offense to where it needs to be. It's not like we are a perennial playoff team that is risking a fall from grace.

Offense is already where it needs to be. And then some.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#52 : January 21, 2013, 12:58:54 PM

Most of the attention this offseason is going to be acquiring defensive talent. Rightfully so, cause the defense is also going to have to get better to keep the team in the game, at times, because of inconsistent QB play....and no, Freeman is not mostly to blame....but the dude is far from blameless. His inconsistency hurts the defense in some areas, as well. The offense not being able to sustain drives which does not advance field possession and also puts the D right back on the field. That was, at times, a problem this past season. We'll certainly see what Freeman does in '13. I'm not calling for his head now, but will be doing so if he has yet another year of overall mediocre play.

Ive never said that he was blameless. And for sure that stuff doesnt help but it also doesnt help the offense when the defense cant stop the other team from scoring. Its a non stop cycle that comes down to this: ITS A TEAM MOTHER**CENSORED**ING GAME!!!! Thats why the teams in the big game now are in the big show. They did it together. Both need to work together. Freeman and the defense need to show up. Thats the times we won last year. If they had in those close games a little more they would have made the playoffs. It comes down to all 3 phases showing up.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#53 : January 21, 2013, 01:09:53 PM

Ive never said that he was blameless. And for sure that stuff doesnt help but it also doesnt help the offense when the defense cant stop the other team from scoring. Its a non stop cycle that comes down to this: ITS A TEAM MOTHER**CENSORED**ING GAME!!!! Thats why the teams in the big game now are in the big show. They did it together. Both need to work together. Freeman and the defense need to show up. Thats the times we won last year. If they had in those close games a little more they would have made the playoffs. It comes down to all 3 phases showing up.

Did I quote you, or say that you did? Also, I never claimed that it wasn't a TEAM MOTHER**CENSORED**ING GAME. People love to rag on how awful the defense was, and pretend like Freeman would have had to have scored 40 points a game for us to even have a shot at winning...but the fact is, the defense played well enough for us to win all but one game in weeks 8 through 17.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#54 : January 21, 2013, 01:18:30 PM

Spin it whatever way you want. I still think the team is capable of doing it with Freeman at QB. They just need to do it as a team. They all need to improve. If you thought the defense played well enough to win those games. Good for you. I dont. I think they all needed to play better in those weeks. And they are capable of doing that. Its a huge offseason for the team. Freeman included.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#55 : January 21, 2013, 01:18:35 PM

My problem i have with Free is that he's missing the intangibles....the things that can't be taught or measured. I honestly feel like we're spinning our wheels with him.

-------------------------------------------------------

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#56 : January 21, 2013, 01:20:50 PM

What are the things that can't be taught or measured that Freeman is missing? 
: January 21, 2013, 01:23:19 PM dbucfan

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#57 : January 21, 2013, 01:21:56 PM

My problem i have with Free is that he's missing the intangibles....the things that can't be taught or measured. I honestly feel like we're spinning our wheels with him.

Enter: Aaron Brooks.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#58 : January 21, 2013, 01:24:11 PM

What are the things that can't be taught or measured that Freeman is missing?

Confidence, leadership, mental toughness

-------------------------------------------------------

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#59 : January 21, 2013, 01:24:36 PM

Spin it whatever way you want. I still think the team is capable of doing it with Freeman at QB. They just need to do it as a team. They all need to improve. If you thought the defense played well enough to win those games. Good for you. I dont. I think they all needed to play better in those weeks. And they are capable of doing that. Its a huge offseason for the team. Freeman included.

Of course they all need to improve.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could Freeman have done what Kaepernick or Flacco did today? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools