Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could Freeman have done what Kaepernick or Flacco did today? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#75 : January 21, 2013, 02:23:22 PM

This season? I doubt it. In a year or two? NO doubt he could be the next Flacco. The skill is there, and I think the coaching is too. I see Martin as being very similar to Gore, and a healthy Nicks will make our run game lethal.
    And, I thought the 49er strategy of STAYING with the run was a key to their victory; by the 4th quarter no Falcon wanted to take on Gore...

I agree. He could turn into that. Agree about Martin as well.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#76 : January 21, 2013, 02:23:40 PM

And I qualify my stance by stating that our coach made it very clear that he's not all in with Free and to me that speaks volumes.
When - with the competition statement? - hmmm - maybe but I don't think so.  And over Freeman's first 3 years there was nothing but accolades and love between Free and the entire organization.  And with his weight loss last offseason he was showered with the "leadership" comments. 

We will see, it would be weird to see him re-signed this offseason.  I get the ticked concession at the skyway... lol

I believe his exact quote was....... "how can i be all in with Free when i'm not all in with myself?" That was from his season ending presser. Link soon to follow.....for the second time.
Don't look for the link for me - I believe you

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#77 : January 21, 2013, 02:25:34 PM

"And with his weight loss last offseason he was showered with the "leadership" comments."

Did you notice how no one wanted to revisit that thread?
Mostly it was filled with comments about how it was all Olson's fault.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#78 : January 21, 2013, 02:27:24 PM

Freeman said that??

That was coach's response when asked was he all in with Freeman

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#79 : January 21, 2013, 02:34:01 PM

Freeman said that??

That was coach's response when asked was he all in with Freeman

Ok that makes more sense.

gone

Hall of Famer
#80 : January 21, 2013, 02:48:23 PM

What are the things that can't be taught or measured that Freeman is missing?

Watch the Wizard of Oz and you'll find all three of them.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#81 : January 21, 2013, 02:58:48 PM

What are the things that can't be taught or measured that Freeman is missing?
Watch the Wizard of Oz and you'll find all three of them.
LOL - cute.  Now back to the topic. 

Brains - he is on his 3rd OC - nary a hint of a complaint by any of them
Heart - for 4 years he has been considered the leader of the team, his teammates and coaches have offered supporting/verifying comments
Courage - perhaps you have someone saying something like this - about Freeman - if so I have missed it, so a hint would be nice.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

geetech84

Starter

#82 : January 21, 2013, 03:02:38 PM

How about we add lil more studs,to the offence 1st..like a stud TE.."maybe two stud TEs" so when your outside WR are cover... you have a stud TE, "knows how to get open,over the middle"...and how about have a  healthy  o-line . Oh and get a good/great slot WR too, would help also..

I'm not giving up on Freeman yet,,This Buc's team needs couple pieces on offense,,and a lot on defense,,,I do believe the Buc's hire they right guy, to build this team up..

Oh, about Kaepernick, he has been good, but the whole team is playing good, I wanna see how 2013 season goes for him, when there is type on him,,And when all the defense coaches,around the league.. have time to dissect, and put together a plan.. how to stop,the read-option play.."like they did for the wild cat"

: January 21, 2013, 03:08:23 PM geetech84

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#83 : January 21, 2013, 03:03:17 PM

I think sometimes confidence and intangibles comes with success. I think if this team gets going this year and starts winning consistently, youll see a lot of confidence and swag with 5 again but not just with him, the entire team.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#84 : January 21, 2013, 03:05:26 PM

Flying monkeys could really be handy at times.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#85 : January 21, 2013, 03:07:30 PM

Those things scared the **CENSORED** out of me when I was a kid lol. I think they still would. Flying monkeys just sounds like trouble.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#86 : January 21, 2013, 03:09:37 PM

I think sometimes confidence and intangibles comes with success. I think if this team gets going this year and starts winning consistently, youll see a lot of confidence and swag with 5 again but not just with him, the entire team.

We were 6-4 and in the playoff hunt....how much more success does he need?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#87 : January 21, 2013, 03:12:29 PM

Those things scared the **CENSORED** out of me when I was a kid lol. I think they still would. Flying monkeys just sounds like trouble.

Ah... but if we only had flying monkeys for corners we'd be set.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#88 : January 21, 2013, 03:17:23 PM

We were 6-4 and in the playoff hunt....how much more success does he need?

I want to see him and the rest of the team win those close games. They need a taste of playoffs as well. Confidence isnt just about wins but its about how they get them. I think the team that won those 6 games were good enough to win those games and they knew it. What I didnt see was a team that believed they could win these close games or vs teams that meant anything. The ATL game being the exception. Which I think was bigger than getting the draft spot. They needed something to hang their hats on going into next season. I mean in the grand scheme means nothing because its a new season but it goes a little way for their confidence beating that team in their dome. At least they know right now that when they execute and do what they are supposed to do, good things happen. Doesnt really matter who your playing against or what but they gotta execute with confidence. I think they were still understanding that as a team this past season or at least thats what I saw. Im hoping next year they feel confident enough to go into any game and can win. They were so close this year. They need more though if they want to do it though. We will find out next season. 
: January 21, 2013, 03:19:09 PM BucBalla85

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#89 : January 21, 2013, 03:21:07 PM

Ah... but if we only had flying monkeys for corners we'd be set.

That would be a way to go from last to first in pass D. I dont think they had any flying monkeys at Rutgers though  ;)
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could Freeman have done what Kaepernick or Flacco did today? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools