Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who would have predicted these 2 QB's to end up in the Super Bowl?!? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

rpp224

Starter

: January 21, 2013, 04:12:08 PM

No Mannings, Brees, Brady, Rodgers, etc. in New Orleans for the SB.  Flacco had a decent season and Kaepernick played in a handful of games during the season, but these two played top notch in the playoffs (especially in the divisional games). Yesterday, both played smart on the road and didn't force anything to hurt their team. Lots of similarities between these teams and looking like it'll be a good matchup without too many of the big name guys that many predicted to be in the big game!

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 21, 2013, 04:39:30 PM

LOL; beat me to it!
    Just maybe so-called "elite" QB's are overrated by all of us... It is, after all, still a TEAM game. It's just that the impatience in all of us can be so quickly abated by a QB  ;D.

2013; the year EVERY elite QB went home before the Super Bowl..

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 21, 2013, 04:49:01 PM

Flacco, yes. Kaepernick, No.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 21, 2013, 04:49:42 PM

Flacco, yes. Kaepernick, No.

I'm a witness

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 21, 2013, 04:52:51 PM

None of those QB's are elite.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 21, 2013, 04:55:14 PM

I wouldn't expect it if I didn't know how good their supporting casts were.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 21, 2013, 04:56:45 PM

LOL; beat me to it!
    Just maybe so-called "elite" QB's are overrated by all of us... It is, after all, still a TEAM game. It's just that the impatience in all of us can be so quickly abated by a QB  ;D.

Flacco and Kaepernick have played five playoff games and they've had QB ratings of 91.2, 106.2, 116.2, 125.6, and 127.7. Elite QB play is not overrated. It's essential. What is overrated is which players will give you elite QB play on any given day.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 21, 2013, 04:59:32 PM

I wouldn't expect it if I didn't know how good their supporting casts were.

Yea, cause it's such a rarity that QBs in the SB have good supporting casts...

::)

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#8 : January 21, 2013, 05:20:28 PM

This is a real dud of a Super Bowl.    I bet it gets the lowest ratings in Super Bowl history.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 21, 2013, 05:27:57 PM

LOL; beat me to it!

Flacco and Kaepernick have played five playoff games and they've had QB ratings of 91.2, 106.2, 116.2, 125.6, and 127.7. Elite QB play is not overrated. It's essential. What is overrated is which players will give you elite QB play on any given day.
Are you saying that the supporting cast needed to aid elite QB play, overrated? I didn't fully understand.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 21, 2013, 05:40:22 PM

LOL; beat me to it!

Are you saying that the supporting cast needed to aid elite QB play, overrated? I didn't fully understand.
If I am understanding your point correctly, I am very hesitant to say any QB is simply a product of a good supporting cast. Every QB from these last eight teams has a good supporting cast. What I'm saying is that in this era of easy passing yards, there are close to twenty QBs good enough to string together a couple good games in January if the stars align a certain way.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 21, 2013, 06:03:22 PM

LOL; beat me to it!

If I am understanding your point correctly, I am very hesitant to say any QB is simply a product of a good supporting cast. Every QB from these last eight teams has a good supporting cast. What I'm saying is that in this era of easy passing yards, there are close to twenty QBs good enough to string together a couple good games in January if the stars align a certain way.
Dead on.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 21, 2013, 06:08:58 PM

This is a real dud of a Super Bowl.    I bet it gets the lowest ratings in Super Bowl history.

So over 100 million less people will watch this year?

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 21, 2013, 06:17:24 PM

Flacco just wins. Period.

Kapernick is just a freak of nature who throws the ball far more accurately than I saw when he was at Nevada.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#14 : January 21, 2013, 06:22:00 PM

So over 100 million less people will watch this year?

I won't even watch this one.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who would have predicted these 2 QB's to end up in the Super Bowl?!? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools