Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL Rumour Mill - January 21st 2013 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

CanadianBuc

Starter
: January 21, 2013, 05:10:30 PM

Here are some minor rumours going around the NFL:

-The Lions won't accept the behaviour of Ndamakong Suh and Titus Young. If they act up like they did last year they can face the possibility of being traded, released, suspended or given Salary Cuts

-NFL teams will be filing complaints over the lack of defensive pass interferences called against the Seahawks Secondary mostly directed towards Richard Sherman who is widely disliked by players and coaches on opposing teams

-If there are some injuries in the Senior Bowl, Christine Michael who had a big week at the East-West Shrine Game will be called up to come in as an injury replacement. The Packers, Saints and Jets all love Michael's ability and he could sneak up into the 3rd Round

-The Titans won't be drafting a Pass Rusher in the 1st Round they believe in the players they have in place already and will most likely draft someone for the secondary or offensive line

BONUS: Here is one that is not in this article but was in a previous one. After talking to many scouts and GMs Jarvis Jones is expected to drop  in the 1st Round.

The Article I got this from can be accessed below:
http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2013rumors.php
: January 21, 2013, 05:13:44 PM BucsFan18

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 21, 2013, 05:20:45 PM

I'm sure the Titans told Walters Football their true plans for the draft.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 21, 2013, 05:23:44 PM

Jarvis Jones dropping is not even a rumor. Its obvious he is going to drop once he gets the bad news from the NFL doctors. He is a great talent, but taking him in round 1 is way too risky. Just look at Marcus McNeil, he played like 5 seasons with the same disease and had to retire.

NFL teams complaining about Sherman need to man up. He is just a physical corner.

As for Titus Young, he should already be cut. Dude is trash and doesn't belong in the NFL.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 21, 2013, 05:29:59 PM

I think I'd draft jarbis jones if he gave us 5 all pro caliber seasons...it would be at least be very tempting.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 21, 2013, 05:34:47 PM

Good, so Sheldon Richardson at #13 looking better and better.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 21, 2013, 05:49:44 PM

I think I'd draft jarbis jones if he gave us 5 all pro caliber seasons...it would be at least be very tempting.
If the five seasons are guaranteed, then yes. It would be tempting, but in the end...not in round 1, and you may not get five seasons.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 21, 2013, 05:54:08 PM

The same people wanting Jarvis Jones are the same people who talk down about Bowers.

Watch Jones have minimal impact in his rookie year, get hurt his 2nd year, and have fans hop on board the next injury prone defensive lineman.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 21, 2013, 05:59:38 PM

Bowers injuries are not even close to the severity of Jones, he is 1 hit away from never walking again. Obviously any player can be, but Jones chances are much much higher.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 21, 2013, 06:09:10 PM

I still think he'll be between the 4th - 6h pass rusher taken. I wouldn't be upset at all if the Bucs took him at #13, although I'd rather have Mingo and Ansah for sure.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 21, 2013, 06:10:01 PM

Michael Irivin had Stenosis. Chris Samuels had it too.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 21, 2013, 06:14:42 PM

Michael Irivin had Stenosis.

thats very interesting.  i think the reports that he's not as good as von miller are a bigger flag than the stenosis to me.  plus he had a lot of quality talent around him to take the pressure off.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 21, 2013, 06:17:55 PM

His team Alec Olgetree is worth a look at #13. BTW Irvin got that injury and had to retire. He didn't have it while playing in the NFL.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 21, 2013, 06:21:21 PM

His team Alec Olgetree is worth a look at #13. BTW Irvin got that injury and had to retire. He didn't have it while playing in the NFL.

Stenosis isn't an injury, it's a condition.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 21, 2013, 06:24:46 PM

And he developed it after his injury against Philly. Its not like he played his entire HOF career with it, its what forced him to retire.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 21, 2013, 06:34:24 PM

And he developed it after his injury against Philly. Its not like he played his entire HOF career with it, its what forced him to retire.

Actually it is like he played his entire HOF career with it (unless all the yeo somehow did it to him). The neck injury may have occurred because he had the condition, but he didn't just get hit and all of sudden get Stenosis.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL Rumour Mill - January 21st 2013 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools