Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 54.8% « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#30 : January 21, 2013, 11:48:00 PM

So, are we thinking it's going to take more time for Josh to turn into a Manning than it did for Eli, or less?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 22, 2013, 01:20:49 AM

He looked good with his dink and dunks in 2011, so it's definitely a problem with the scheme rather than his own talent.

He's always been a jumpy person, but he's never sucked this much at short passes.

Ironworker808

Second String

#32 : January 22, 2013, 03:28:58 AM

54.8%

Flacco's completion percentage 2012 playoffs.

Just sayin'.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 22, 2013, 08:55:26 AM

I hope he gets fat again. I liked fat Freeman.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 22, 2013, 09:10:26 AM

12th in yards per attempt

We went through this high completion percentage stuff with Griese and Garcia and couldn't move the ball for ****

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 22, 2013, 10:05:10 AM

Freeman was horrible intermediate passer this year were typically the best passers shine.

His numbers sit at 47% on those type throws, 6 td's and 8 int's.

That's where the problem is.  Before Freeman starting playing like dogshizzle at the end of the season, he was the best rated deep passer in the league.  The intermediate and short throws were the reason his completion percentage was low.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 22, 2013, 10:13:17 AM

For those that say Free needs more time with his WRs to improve timing/accuracy, how do you explain the success of others with equal or in some cases lesser time with their WRs?
First of all, Josh was 24 then.

Second, it is the defenses fault.

I don't think you are properly depicting how much the defense is actually to blame with ^this^.

I hope he gets fat again. I liked fat Freeman.

I miss the fluffy 2010 Freeman.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 22, 2013, 11:21:49 AM

He threw the ball deep much much more this year than he had, he was inaccurate and had a slot with alligator arms on 3rd and medium and had little to no check downs until the last few games of the year.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 22, 2013, 01:21:05 PM

The past few years Freeman was throwing a lot of 5 yard passes to K2 vs. deep balls to Jackson. If we get a good receiving TE and a solid slot receiver, hopefully his completion percentage increases. The question is will he read his progressions or lock in to one receiver. That and the oline is healthy and gives him the time to not panic. The one thing that is painfully evident when you think about Peyton Manning and Tom Brady is the horshoe that surrounds them MOST of the time and gives them 2.5 seconds or more to complete a pass.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 22, 2013, 01:44:43 PM

The past few years Freeman was throwing a lot of 5 yard passes to K2 vs. deep balls to Jackson. If we get a good receiving TE and a solid slot receiver, hopefully his completion percentage increases. The question is will he read his progressions or lock in to one receiver. That and the oline is healthy and gives him the time to not panic. The one thing that is painfully evident when you think about Peyton Manning and Tom Brady is the horshoe that surrounds them MOST of the time and gives them 2.5 seconds or more to complete a pass.

In most games this year...Freeman had plenty of time to throw. The blocking was much much better than it was in '11.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 22, 2013, 02:12:58 PM

chace, I would agree with that. I am in the middle on Freeman. I hope he REALLY produces next year.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 22, 2013, 02:51:45 PM

I hope he does as well. Go big...or GTFO, #5.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 22, 2013, 03:19:40 PM

He looked good with his dink and dunks in 2011, so it's definitely a problem with the scheme rather than his own talent.

He's always been a jumpy person, but he's never sucked this much at short passes.

Well his 62% completion % last year was stunningly low for the types of passes he was throwing. When you go Captain Checkdown your completion % should nose north of 65% anymore.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bamabucs

Starter

#43 : January 22, 2013, 07:33:59 PM

Freeman by design is one of the most inaccurate passers in the league and anyone apologizing and making excuses for it are a sad bunch. That being said, if we draft a guy like Tyler Eifert who can be another weapon that can bail Freeman out with his unbelievable ability to adjust for the ball in the air, Freeman's intermediate range accuracy issues MAY look a little less problematic.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#44 : January 22, 2013, 07:46:49 PM

Freeman by design is one of the most inaccurate passers in the league and anyone apologizing and making excuses for it are a sad bunch. That being said, if we draft a guy like Tyler Eifert who can be another weapon that can bail Freeman out with his unbelievable ability to adjust for the ball in the air, Freeman's intermediate range accuracy issues MAY look a little less problematic.
#5 needs to learn to go through his progressions.  What good is having 4 or 5 great receiving options if he's going to lock on to one guy and throw it there if he;s covered or not.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 54.8% « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools