Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Honey Badger (CB Tyrann Mathieu) « previous next »
Page: 1 2

derekmitchellmay

Second String

« : January 21, 2013, 06:35:34 PM »

Given our huge holes at corner, but also our well documented issue with troubled DB's (Talib, Jackson, Wright)

What round would be the earliest that you would take the Honey Badger, if at all.

I would take him in the 4th round for sure, possibly 3rd. No higher.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
« #1 : January 21, 2013, 06:37:15 PM »

5th at the earliest.  People forget, he wasn't really a very good cornerback.  If he got his hands on the ball he could make a pick, and of course he was a good returner, but he really wasn't good in coverage.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #2 : January 21, 2013, 06:41:59 PM »

Not a cover CB...so he wouldn't help our pass D much. KR/PR duties..sure. 5th or 6th round.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #3 : January 21, 2013, 09:11:03 PM »

Pass.......If Schiano wasn't digging Talib, Wright, and Winslows acts, no way he would tolerate this cat.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #4 : January 22, 2013, 12:06:49 AM »

Over rated moron. Pass.

Draft Aaron Donald

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
« #5 : January 22, 2013, 01:25:03 AM »

Reuters
Former LSU cornerback Tyrann Mathieu isn’t participating in the Senior Bowl this week but that isn’t stopping him from using the mass congregation of NFL personnel upon Mobile, Ala. as a chance to begin repairing his draft stock.

According to John Zenor of the Associated Press, Mathieu is hopeful to get a chance to speak with NFL teams while attending Senior Bowl practices this week. The “Honey Badger” was arrested last October along with three other former LSU football players after marijuana was found in Mathieu’s apartment. Mathieu knows he doesn’t have any more room for error off the field.

”I’m not really looking forward to people trusting me today or tomorrow,” Mathieu said. “Trust takes time, especially when you’ve done a lot of things for people not to be able to trust you. It may take two years. It may take five years, it may take until I’m 30 years old for people to start trusting Tyrann again. But the truth is, I’m doing the right things and just looking forward to being a football player.”

Mathieu declared himself eligible for the NFL Draft after being dismissed by LSU rather than transferring to another school. He’s been projected as a mid-round draft pick.

Permalink 0 Comments  Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill
Profootballtalk.com

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
« #6 : January 22, 2013, 02:26:05 AM »

The only way I'd consider him would be in rounds 5-7...even 5 might be too early...especially with Schiano's track record of getting rid of bad apples. Something tells me he's not even on our draft board.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

AlstottUpTheGut

Starter

« #7 : January 22, 2013, 06:49:29 AM »

Draft him in the fourth. Convert him to FS. Reap the rewards.

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
« #8 : January 22, 2013, 07:00:29 AM »

He's definately more of a safety prospect in the NFL than a CB. Draft him in the 5th or later to compete with Black as Barbers successor

El Diablo

Starter

« #9 : January 22, 2013, 07:02:24 AM »

The kid was a playmaker at LSU and all he did was smoke a little fake weed. He seems to have learned his lesson that has cost him millions of dollars.I bet somebody drafts him in the 3rd rd. If he is there at 4 we should grab him. Ray lewis was involved in a murder and he got a second chance. All this kid did was smoke fake weed so those who attack his character are hypocritical or just lame.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #10 : January 22, 2013, 07:34:27 AM »

No.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

« #11 : January 22, 2013, 09:13:18 AM »

I'd maybe consider him in the 7th, because of our need at returner.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him go undrafted.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

« #12 : January 22, 2013, 09:20:45 AM »

no thanks. maybe a 7th rounder but not any earlier. kid is a moron and isnt exactly schaino's type of player

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #13 : January 22, 2013, 09:21:49 AM »

"It may take five years, it may take until I’m 30 years old for people to start trusting Tyrann again."

Talks about himself in the third person? Pass.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

El Diablo

Starter

« #14 : January 22, 2013, 09:41:43 AM »

no thanks. maybe a 7th rounder but not any earlier. kid is a moron and isnt exactly schaino's type of player

Why is he a moron? I know he made a mistake with the smoking fake pot thing but has he done anything else I don't know about. He seems to speak well when I have heard him and he also seems remorseful for his mistake.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Honey Badger (CB Tyrann Mathieu) « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools