Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Callahan sabotaged the Superbowl so his friend could win....Tim Brown « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Heisenbuc

Rookie

#15 : January 22, 2013, 12:43:16 AM

The Bucs were definitely the best team in the NFL that season. I've heard so many people try to take our SB away from us. Gruden "knowing plays," Barrett Robbins, this Tim Brown stuff, blah blah blah. We would have beaten the Titans, Steelers, Jets, Colts and Browns. Even the Patriots, who won the Super Bowls in between our Super Bowl. People (not on this board) need to get over the excuses. You don't win a Super Bowl 48-21 without being the superior team.

Say my name...

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 22, 2013, 12:56:53 AM

who cares if they were 340lbs on average and we were 280 lbs on average

we saw that pretty much every week and shut down the run regardless of the team

warren sapp isn't going to the hall of fame because he could only perform against small offensive lineman, he's going to the hall of game because he could beat a double team of offensive linemen that had 50 lbs on him

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 22, 2013, 12:57:42 AM

Someone's butthurt.. ::)

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 22, 2013, 08:01:00 AM

Must still be crying about the recent "Championship Game" as well.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 22, 2013, 08:46:09 AM

They are discussing this on Mike and Mike right now. Zack Crockett is on he says "they shouldn't have even been on the field with us. It was supposed to be like Alabama vs. Notre Dame." LMAO.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#20 : January 22, 2013, 08:51:49 AM

Philly had that same attitude when the game started. I guess Reid must have sabotaged that game for his old pal, too. Man, that Gruden sure knows how to inspire self-sacrifice.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 22, 2013, 08:52:45 AM

They are discussing this on Mike and Mike right now. Zack Crockett is on he says "they shouldn't have even been on the field with us. It was supposed to be like Alabama vs. Notre Dame." LMAO.

Last check it was...and the team with the better D won. 

We could give them back all the points we scored on offense and we still win the game.  I wouldnt put it past Al Davis to change game plans like he is claiming Callahan did, but thats still no excuse for the drumming we put on them. 

And our trophy and rings are still pretty nice.

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 22, 2013, 09:01:12 AM

Agree this is someone trying desparetly to keep his name in the spotlight sort of like Terrell Owens. No one likes a whiner that makes excuses 10 years after the fact. Tim you got beat and were no factor whatsoever in that game. Remember Lynch in the 3rd quarter when he told Jerry Rice after making his first catch -- "Welcome to the Super Bowl, Jerry." LOL. That game was a butt-kicking and no way around that.

indiana76buc

Second String

#23 : January 22, 2013, 09:06:07 AM

i  remember earlier in that year they played miami and jason taylor dominated them their ol couldnt handle speed i knew sapp and rice were gonna  them.the rams were a better offense than them and we handled them pretty well thru the years........but bellichick gave the blueprint for stopping the rams.....b.s.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 22, 2013, 09:06:55 AM

This seems to be growing legs. Zack Crockett was on Mike and Mike this morning talking about how excited they were to play Tampa since they had blew them out the previous year...but when Robbins disappeared.l, it threw everything off.

Pathetic excuse makers.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 22, 2013, 09:09:32 AM

One of the stupidest things I've ever heard.  One Superbowl coach gave the game away for the other Superbowl coach.  That passes the logic test alright.

BUCPOWER.COM

Second String

#26 : January 22, 2013, 09:40:19 AM

Zack Crockett needs to get his history right.  The blowout came in December 1999.  The Super Bowl was January 2003.

And it was Dwight Smith who went over to Tim Brown after he dropped a pass and made a comment along the lines of "Hey Tim, you waited 14 years to get to a Super Bowl and you do that?"  - Apparently the defensive huddle was pissing themselves laughing during the next time out even though Smith was about as popular as a fart in an elevator at that point.

El Diablo

Starter

#27 : January 22, 2013, 09:48:10 AM

Greeny mentioned the "historic dominant defense" this morning while talking about this. Maybe that was the reason we stomped a mud hole in their ass! This is going to make me have to watch my superbowl dvd again. I usually only take that out when I am having a bad day.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 22, 2013, 10:01:54 AM

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8868095

Quotes from Crockett:

"This is almost like Notre Dame vs Alabama game, there was no way they were supposed to be on the field with us, and with the offensive line that we had...(chuckles)..it was gonna be a downhill game"

"The year before, we blew Tampa out of the water, so we were like, look at their DL vs. our OL...not happening"

lolz
: January 22, 2013, 10:04:43 AM chace1986

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#29 : January 22, 2013, 10:15:03 AM

It would appear that Imagineering is a major course of study at Notre Dame. That plus a minor in Revisioneering. How else to explain the bizarro worlds of Brown and T'eo

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Callahan sabotaged the Superbowl so his friend could win....Tim Brown « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools