Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Callahan sabotaged the Superbowl so his friend could win....Tim Brown « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

DailyRich68

Starter
#30 : January 22, 2013, 10:21:41 AM

Yeah yeah yeah, you lost Tim.

So, if they ran the football... Do we still win?
I think so.

Well, they probably don't throw five interceptions if they run the ball.  The game's certainly closer.

Three of those interceptions came when the game was already out of hand and Oakland pretty much had to throw though.

And yeah, the Raiders were clearly a passing team that year.  They had the #1 passing offense but only ranked 18th in rushing.  And in their two playoff wins, they threw 71 times for 558 yards as opposed to only rushing 47 times for 209 yards.  It's not like suddenly having to throw the ball should have thrown them into some kind of death spiral -- it's what they did all year.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 22, 2013, 10:28:54 AM

Bill Romanowski will be on Colin Cowherd at 10:45am....let's see what this meathead has to say.

Cowherd grilled Tim Brown as someone seeking attention.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?s=espn

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 22, 2013, 10:41:51 AM

who cares if they were 340lbs on average and we were 280 lbs on average

we saw that pretty much every week and shut down the run regardless of the team

warren sapp isn't going to the hall of fame because he could only perform against small offensive lineman, he's going to the hall of game because he could beat a double team of offensive linemen that had 50 lbs on him
Not that it happened every game, but the Kiffin era Bucs could be vulnerable to runs up the middle. In week 1 against the Saints they gave up 118 yards rushing, 159 yards against the Eagles in week 7, 173 yards against the Vikings in week 9, and 144 yards against the Lions in week 15. It sometimes happened and was surely a better strategy than passing the ball 60 times.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 22, 2013, 10:53:00 AM

You don't win a Super Bowl 48-21 without being the superior team.

Sorry but pointing out the score here as a prove of being the superior team is BS. The won 48-21 because of having the their palybook.

We could have still won that game, would we not have Gruden's inside info, maybe winning it in even bigger fashion.
But this game was a shame, we were robbed a real game, really earning this SB title, even if it was not our fault things went the way went. Just fitting we are the only team that never got to the white house, which was a shame aswell.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 22, 2013, 10:54:54 AM

NFL Radio on Sirius should fire him for making such false claims. Hopefully he gets bombed with calls with his show comes on.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 22, 2013, 10:55:11 AM

I love that Adam Treu, a 5-year vet who started 14 games for them in 2001, in Zach Crockett's imagination was just a "long-snapper."

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 22, 2013, 10:58:35 AM

Really looking forward to Sapp's take on this. :)

indiana76buc

Second String

#37 : January 22, 2013, 11:13:36 AM

i.m.o. the real superbowl was when we beat philly they were better than the raiders

Ms Elam

Starter

#38 : January 22, 2013, 11:19:28 AM

Former raiders fullback John Richie sounds like he's backing Tim browns story. Also Tim brown is acting surprised that this is news. According to him he's Ben telling this story for years. But the ringback Zack Crockett remembers it differently. He remembers them changing the game plan because the center went missing and they had no choice, basically the opposite of Tims account of the story.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#39 : January 22, 2013, 11:20:36 AM

I would not disagree with that. I think Philly would have beat the Raiders.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 22, 2013, 11:23:21 AM

I love that the Super Bowl loss is still eating away at Tim even to this day.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 22, 2013, 11:30:30 AM

So the team with the second most passing attempts and 23rd most rushing attempts is going to flip the script, take the ball out their 4 best players' hands - Gannon, Garner, Rice, and Brown and hand the ball repeatedly to Zach Crockett and Ty Wheatley, 2 sub 4.0 yard per carry guys? Bring it on.

I'm so tired of the Raiders bringing out excuse after excuse to explain their loss.

The reality is this - they lost they game because their Pro Bowl RT, Lincoln Kennedy and LT Barry Sims couldn't even begin to handle Spires and Simeon Rice.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 22, 2013, 11:37:31 AM

Ahhhh.....this is great. Screw Zack Crockett.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#43 : January 22, 2013, 11:51:51 AM

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8868518

LMAO at Romanowski calling Brown 'delusional'

On a side note, Romanowski brain is so scrambled that i don't see any way he makes it to 60.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Ms Elam

Starter

#44 : January 22, 2013, 12:18:44 PM

i.m.o. the real superbowl was when we beat philly they were better than the raiders
I don't think they were.  Remember they were cheated out of the superbowl appearance by the infamous"tuck rule"just the previous year. They had the number 1 offense that year, we just new there pays so we made them look bad.

Off topic
Not going into any detail but I make my living off of the NFL. I'm not saying I'm integral part of the league and the NFL needs me, I'm not on a first name basis with Goodell, I don't hang out with players etc.  the last thing I want to do is over state my position and make it seem like I'm more important than I am. However, I am privy to a ton of information that everyday casual fans aren't. Basically the NFL and the patriots are being accused by a small rebellion of owners of working together to fix games in favor of the patriots.  Al Davis was the original ring leader. He claims that higher powers (right now its not clear who, but some form of government) put pressure on the league to make the patriots the new cowboys, or aka "Americas team". But why? According to Als conspiracy theory it had to do with 9/11(patriots won the superbowl that year) and a number of new laws that would be set into place with the central theme being"patriot". Anyhow, Al's assertions got quiet by the middle of the next season, some say that he had been promised a superbowl. Shortly after the loss to the buccaneers, he's started ranting again. But only this time he had a little more credible information and the owner of the ravens, Modell believed him and had inside information that coincided with what Al was saying. Then once the patriots won a couple more it gave the non believers ammunition to say see they are just good, and it gave the sore losers ammunition to say something fishy was going on. Then Roger Godell got his hands dirty...allegedly! The original collusion happened before he had the power, but he had a hand in what some call a cover up of spy gate. The way it was handled didn't sit well with several owners. Basically Roger told the patriots give me all the tapes and fined them. The patriots took over a week to send the tapes, and when they did Roger didn't analyze them to see if they helped the patriots win one or all of their 3 super bowls. He simply had them"destroyed". Owners wanted answers and they weren't getting any. So after this happens, Al Davis has a strong following. He and other owners hired a private investigation firm which its ran by a former CIA agent and retired FBI agents. They make hundreds of thousands per investigation, they are the rolls Royce of investigation firms. Roger Goodell was ready to step down 3 Weeks ago, people speculated that he would use his bad handling of bounty gate as an excuse. The league is split 50/50 on the issue and Roger is ready to break. Certain guys will give investigators the cold shoulder and other guys like DeMaurice Smith will openly talk to investigators as a way to get under Goodells skin. Smith has a forced relationship and they hate either. He has taken so much joy in all of this. You heard it here first!
: January 22, 2013, 12:23:44 PM Ms Elam
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Callahan sabotaged the Superbowl so his friend could win....Tim Brown « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools