Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Callahan sabotaged the Superbowl so his friend could win....Tim Brown « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

PewterG@tor

Starter
#60 : January 22, 2013, 05:22:53 PM

Bill Callahan's phone must be blowing up right now. I expect him to take the high road and say nothing regarding this story.  I wonder how long it will take Gruden to chime in on this?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#61 : January 22, 2013, 05:24:13 PM

Several Raiduhs have disputed it... Garner, Romo, Gannon, one of the lineman.

Sounds either like they want to take the higher road or Brown is taking crazy pills.  :-\

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#62 : January 22, 2013, 06:23:15 PM

So far, Brown and Rice are the only players that cite a change in the gameplan that was announced (and practiced presumably) on Friday. Others (Zac Crockett, Jon Ritchie) have stated what amounts to that the Raiders didn't stick to the gameplan on Sunday, but noone has corroborated the "we changed the plan on Friday" story.

Rice's account of the story sounds nearly verbatim to Brown's version, always a big red flag in an investigation of any sort.

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#63 : January 22, 2013, 06:45:41 PM

Anyone else find it ironic that two wide receivers are whining because the gameplan was changed from run-first to pass-first?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#64 : January 22, 2013, 06:49:28 PM

Anyone else find it ironic that two wide receivers are whining because the gameplan was changed from run-first to pass-first?

Umm... slightly.

Ed Werder, ESPN reporter assigned to the Raiders for Superbowl week, said he interviewed Brown the night before the game and he expressed no concerns about the gameplan.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#65 : January 22, 2013, 07:05:29 PM

This is sad Hate.  For both Rice and Brown if their story is a "story" as opposed to being true.

And if true - all heck will break loose. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#66 : January 22, 2013, 07:30:33 PM

If true, I still wouldn't take anything away from our win. They hired Callahan so it was their problem to begin with.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#67 : January 22, 2013, 07:43:23 PM

Callahan hated the Raiders and their players so much that he led them to the Super Bowl so that they could get crushed in an embarrassing defeat.    Pure genius.    He didn't just make sure the team lost along the way since he hated them so much, he took them all the way to the Super Bowl.   That's really some evil hatred there.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#68 : January 22, 2013, 08:34:31 PM

This sh*t is getting more crazy

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/22/tim-brown-bill-callahan-wanted-to-lose-the-super-bowl/

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#69 : January 22, 2013, 08:44:41 PM

I can't believe that this looney talk has grown legs like it has.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#70 : January 22, 2013, 09:02:09 PM

Quite the topic on talk radio today.  As others have mentioned, Jerry Rice supports Tim's claims.   Much ado about nothing IMO.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#71 : January 22, 2013, 09:04:39 PM

Quite the topic on talk radio today.  As others have mentioned, Jerry Rice supports Tim's claims.   Much ado about nothing IMO.

But it makes them look like azz clowns. I've never been a fan of Brown's so his opinion doesn't bother me..... am a little disappointed in Rice though as i held him in pretty high regard. Thought he was better than this.

gone

Hall of Famer
#72 : January 22, 2013, 09:30:02 PM

What it sounds like is a couple of guy who just couldn't believe they could possibly lose that game, let alone in the fashion they did, and after time they have gone back, looked at their memories, made connections that really weren't there, and soothed a still-open wound with this story.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#73 : January 22, 2013, 09:34:24 PM

What it sounds like is a couple of guy who just couldn't believe they could possibly lose that game, let alone in the fashion they did, and after time they have gone back, looked at their memories, made connections that really weren't there, and soothed a still-open wound with this story.

Probably. Hell, Zack Crockett said he was happy to be playing Tampa.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#74 : January 22, 2013, 09:34:47 PM

But it makes them look like azz clowns.

LOL!   I don't agree with you often, but you are spot on.   And that's what makes this whole thing so funny.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Callahan sabotaged the Superbowl so his friend could win....Tim Brown « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools