Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why BPA Trumps Need Every Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 22, 2013, 12:48:07 PM

IF were talking BPA like Eric  Fisher being on the board at 13 and Milliner isn't there, I would take him.

I agree.  Obviously his competition hasn't been the best, but the more I watch this guy play, the more I like him.
He looked pretty good yesterday in the first practice too. He dominated almost everyone he faced in the one on one drills and held his ground against Alex Okafor.

@ Dexmonkey, I'm not saying Milliner is better than Fisher, but CB is a huge need and Milliner is the best CB in this draft, you have to take him at #13. Fisher likely will be a Top 10 pick anyways.

I dont think milliner is the best CB. hes tied with banks and rhodes. i think i like rhodes and banks better because of their size. theres something about milliner that worries me and i cant put my finger on it. i just get the feeling hes going to underwhelm

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 22, 2013, 01:01:18 PM

Rhodes is my pick, but I'd be happy with Milliner too. I'm just happy we aren't picking top 10, because none of these CBs are elite prospects and I would be very hesitant to take any of them with a top 5 or top 10 pick. 13th is right where I think we can comfortably take either one.

Draft Aaron Donald

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 22, 2013, 01:22:38 PM

While it claims to be about BPA vs. need, the article reads more like a recommendation for being able to see into the future and know how players are going to turn out before you pick them.

+1

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 22, 2013, 01:22:42 PM

I dont think this shows you should ALWAYS use BPA, nor is it really talking about hindsight.

Did anyone NEED hindsight to know Megatron was gonna be a beast? We all knew it.
Same for RGIII/Luck/VonMiller.

These are guys that you KNEW were gonna be great, and teams still passed for need (well, obviosly not RG3 and luck, as they went 1/2).

That said, theres no talent even close to that this year.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 22, 2013, 02:38:03 PM

Woerner isn't that good. He's going to be eaten alive in the NFL.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 22, 2013, 02:41:28 PM

wow. talk about trolling. literally every NFL scout and coach disagrees with you

Mizer

Second String

#36 : January 22, 2013, 02:54:35 PM

the bucs traded their best corner for a 4th round pick.  knowing dom... he is going to use that exact pick to trade up into the first round and draft a corner.  hide and watch.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 22, 2013, 03:10:05 PM

Teams will have a group of "blue ribbon"/"red ribbon" type players. The whole BPA thing was logic that said if you have a blue ribbon player on your board then you take him over a "need" "red ribbon" guy. It doesn't say if we are staring at a 8.7 grade WR and an 8.6 grade CB we should draft the WR. That's stupid.

You want to add the most value to your team in the draft. At some spots - CB - you can play more than 1 or even 2 guys so the value in adding another talented player is quite high whereas at a spot like QB you can't so adding another player if you have talent at QB adds next to no value. Something like RB where you only put on the field at a time is more of an in between case because your backup will play but only in backup touches.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#38 : January 22, 2013, 04:09:57 PM

Teams will have a group of "blue ribbon"/"red ribbon" type players. The whole BPA thing was logic that said if you have a blue ribbon player on your board then you take him over a "need" "red ribbon" guy. It doesn't say if we are staring at a 8.7 grade WR and an 8.6 grade CB we should draft the WR. That's stupid.

You want to add the most value to your team in the draft. At some spots - CB - you can play more than 1 or even 2 guys so the value in adding another talented player is quite high whereas at a spot like QB you can't so adding another player if you have talent at QB adds next to no value. Something like RB where you only put on the field at a time is more of an in between case because your backup will play but only in backup touches.
Well, Dalbuc, that sounds downright reasonable.  I like the blue/red ribbon analogy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 22, 2013, 08:56:22 PM

Dude.............

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why BPA Trumps Need Every Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools