Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wes Welker wants $11mm/year on the open market « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Hate

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 22, 2013, 02:35:26 PM

what do you guys think welker does so well?  this is baffling to me.

he gets open and moves the chains. Still, i pass!!

The money kills it for ya hate?

Yes.... that and lack of faith in Freeman to fully utilize him.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 22, 2013, 02:45:32 PM

If the ball hits your hands...you should catch it.

No way to Welker. $5mil would be too much.
This..

No way in hell I would give that guy 11 mil a year. I would throw that check at Mike Wallace way before that. He fits our QBs skill set just fine.

Fits it in that way that it's much harder to overthrow him? lol
Lol Exactly... Mike Wallace would be an all pro catching passes from Lob City.

I dunno man, I wouldn't put it past "Lob City" to still over-shoot even one of the faster WRs in the league.

lol'd @ lob city.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 22, 2013, 02:57:38 PM

This..

No way in hell I would give that guy 11 mil a year. I would throw that check at Mike Wallace way before that. He fits our QBs skill set just fine.

I dunno man, I wouldn't put it past "Lob City" to still over-shoot even one of the faster WRs in the league.

lol'd @ lob city.
No doubt he would still over throw him for a while but when he turns 29.... Watch out now!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 22, 2013, 03:00:23 PM

No wait till he turns 30. They will be calling him Joe "Montanya".

youngone

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 22, 2013, 03:04:37 PM

No wait till he turns 30. They will be calling him Joe "Montanya".
That's the spirit. I can't wait!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 22, 2013, 03:16:21 PM

This..

lol'd @ lob city.
No doubt he would still over throw him for a while but when he turns 29.... Watch out now!

It's truly exciting, Can't wait til Freeman breaks through the 29 threshold and gets to the playoffs. Winning against those quality playoff opponents might be out of the question...but at least we would be in the playoffs!

Only 4 more years.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 22, 2013, 03:25:38 PM

Calm down now.. Expecting him to beat quality opponents by then is pushing it. I'm just hoping that by 29 he's throwing lasers.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 22, 2013, 03:27:38 PM

what do you guys think welker does so well?  this is baffling to me.

he gets open and moves the chains. Still, i pass!!

The money kills it for ya hate?

Yes.... that and lack of faith in Freeman to fully utilize him.

For me, even as a freeman fan, it's all about setting up the offense for ANYONE to succeed. Placing Welker in a lineup nearly assures a better offense, with, or without freeman the year after next.

Now, Is 11 mil a good or bad deal vs. his production? I suppose it depends on what team picks him up and how he fits.

As for me, it's a bit too pricey. But most of the time you have to sacrifice picks or money to have that "elite" offense that is coveted in today's NFL..

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

geetech84

Starter

#38 : January 22, 2013, 03:27:46 PM

I would love to have him, he would help Freeman, ..he along with Jackson would be good for the young guys on this team... on both sides of the ball..

I know Wes drop a few catches, but if you watch..he made some hard catches,took hard hits and still stay in..Dude was the only Wrs that give his all..

He knows how to get open..faster then what people give him credit for, very very smart..plays with a lot of heart.. can do punts, you can play him any where, to cause a mis-match...he would be a key what the Bucs need, a long with a young stud TE in the draft..for 2013 season..

He is a team guy, and he is worth 11 million, for all the things he does..

If Pats are dumb to let him walk, who ever gets him, will have one heck of a player..that will help the team ..and one team comes to mind.. Denver Broncos

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 22, 2013, 03:36:05 PM

I would love to have him, he would help Freeman, ..he along with Jackson would be good for the young guys on this team... on both sides of the ball..

I know Wes drop a few catches, but if you watch..he made some hard catches,took hard hits and still stay in..Dude was the only Wrs that give his all..

He knows how to get open..faster then what people give him credit for, very very smart..plays with a lot of heart.. can do punts, you can play him any where, to cause a mis-match...he would be a key what the Bucs need, a long with a young stud TE in the draft..for 2013 season..

He is a team guy, and he is worth 11 million, for all the things he does..

If Pats are dumb to let him walk, who ever gets him, will have one heck of a player..that will help the team ..and one team comes to mind.. Denver Broncos

Manning to..Welker??

I believe Armageddon would occur...

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#40 : January 22, 2013, 03:38:42 PM

He must need that money to support his crack habit if he thinks he's going to get that much.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#41 : January 22, 2013, 03:41:11 PM

He only wants 11 million a year while VJax makes 15 million a year?    That's a bargain.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 22, 2013, 03:43:30 PM

He must need that money to support his crack habit if he thinks he's going to get that much.
Lmao true

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 22, 2013, 03:45:43 PM

You wonder, not knowing cap spots of the other AFCE teams, a team like MIA might not drop that one him as a way to both help their team but more importantly to hurt NE and take away Tom's binky.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#44 : January 22, 2013, 03:52:29 PM

Almost snorted potato chips at Tom's binky!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wes Welker wants $11mm/year on the open market « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools