Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garrett and Bennett « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 22, 2013, 02:46:46 PM

*update*

Bennett stated that he wanted to leave Dallas so that he could be the no.1 TE elsewhere...

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/3/10/2859025/martellus-bennett-dallas-cowboys-jason-witten

That makes sense.  He'd definitely be the #1 TE option in Tampa, and he's a good blocker as well.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 22, 2013, 02:50:24 PM

I love his production from this year and all, I just dont want to over pay him. I think 7-10 is ok. Anything more is a bad deal and one I feel fans would come back and complain about Dom giving a nother bad deal. I hope he doesnt do it this year again.

I certainly wouldn't put it past Dom to give him something ridiculous like a 4 yr - $25mil deal.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#17 : January 22, 2013, 02:55:51 PM

I like what Bennett did for us this year but I feel like hes gonna cost too much for us. Were gonna have Clayborn back next year and that means Bennett, Bowers, TN will play less than they did this year. I just dont want to pay him like hes a 10 sack guy. I dont think thats what he is. He played great this year but I dont know if he can ever do that again. I want to resign him and all but I feel like his asking price will be too much.

Balla, I am going to have to respectfully disagree.  I think Bennett has more in the tank.  I believe he played probably close to his potential, but with the players around him improving, he should show up a bit more on the stat sheet next year.  Even if he remains a 9 sack, 3FF guy, I'll take it.  I thought he also showed some good leadership through the comments I read throughout the season, and the play and emotion I saw on the field.  I agree we need to not over pay, but he earned a contract here, I believe. 

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#18 : January 22, 2013, 02:58:02 PM

As for bringing in Brother Bennett, the TE, I think he may be worth a shot.  Sounds like he turned it up a little bit in NY, and with Garrett on board, he should know what kind of worker Bennett is and what kind of potential he has.  If it happens, I will assume it is for the right reasons, and not much of a stretch.  Just don't over pay.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 22, 2013, 02:58:10 PM

I like what Bennett did for us this year but I feel like hes gonna cost too much for us. Were gonna have Clayborn back next year and that means Bennett, Bowers, TN will play less than they did this year. I just dont want to pay him like hes a 10 sack guy. I dont think thats what he is. He played great this year but I dont know if he can ever do that again. I want to resign him and all but I feel like his asking price will be too much.

Balla, I am going to have to respectfully disagree.  I think Bennett has more in the tank.  I believe he played probably close to his potential, but with the players around him improving, he should show up a bit more on the stat sheet next year.  Even if he remains a 9 sack, 3FF guy, I'll take it.  I thought he also showed some good leadership through the comments I read throughout the season, and the play and emotion I saw on the field.  I agree we need to not over pay, but he earned a contract here, I believe.

I just dont want anything crazy. If he goes on the open market I feel teams will over pay.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 22, 2013, 03:17:59 PM

Bennett's problem in Dallas was being stuck behind Witten. I mean really how much PT will you see?  Fans soured on him because he's goofy - a lot of his you tube videos don't look professional but no one ever questioned his work ethic once he got in the building.

He was always a monster blocker. His receiving production in NY is a bit of a surprise.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

meekerbeastman

Second String

#21 : January 22, 2013, 03:44:02 PM

I would take his bro,

He LOVES CAPTN CRUNCH, IT HIS FAVORITE KINDA LUNCH, LOVES CAPTN CRUNCH

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 22, 2013, 03:58:32 PM

I'm not a big fan of him, but we need a TE that can block and catch to make the offense less predictable. To do that would most likely require a 1st or 2nd round draft pick, unless we get really lucky on a mid round prospect, which is a bigger gamble. The Bucs have a lot of cap space, and it's not my money that they're spending, so might as well pick up Bennett.

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#23 : January 22, 2013, 04:12:09 PM

how much do you think we should pay him?

I would ink him to a 5 year $30-35 million deal. Michael that is....
: January 22, 2013, 04:27:20 PM TampaBucks05

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 22, 2013, 04:24:44 PM

I don't hate him or anything, but I don't think he is very good and I'd hate to see us over pay for him. He hasn't earned a big contract.

As far as Michael goes, he has earned it. He started from the bottom, put in the work, and has earned his pay day. He'll get $7M a year, either from us or some other team. I hope it is us.

Draft Aaron Donald

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 22, 2013, 05:30:29 PM

Bucs need to resign and reel in. The Bennett brothers that is.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 22, 2013, 05:48:41 PM

Bennett the DE is not leaving this team, I could see him getting tagged if they cant sign him long term before FA.

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#27 : January 22, 2013, 05:51:27 PM

How much is the franchise tender for DEs?

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#28 : January 22, 2013, 06:12:24 PM

I have the feeling Martellus and Gerald will become good friends.....the goofiest pair in the nfl.
: January 22, 2013, 06:14:24 PM CaptainStagger

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 22, 2013, 08:37:22 PM

How much is the franchise tender for DEs?

A little north of $13.4mil, IIRC

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garrett and Bennett « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools