Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dallas Clark « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

« : January 22, 2013, 04:14:33 PM »

Dallas Clark was on St John this week and friend of mine was talking to him.  He asked Dallas if he would be playing for the Bucs next year and Dallas' response was that he and his agent are doing everything they can to get out of Tampa.  He also said there was no way he would be in Tampa next year.  It's not like Clark lit it up last year so I say good riddance.  Just thought I'd let you guys know. Just goes to show how bad we need a real TE this off season.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #1 : January 22, 2013, 04:15:42 PM »

Wonder why he would say it like that. Its not like its that hard to get out of here. Hes a FA. He can go whereever he likes.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #2 : January 22, 2013, 04:18:51 PM »

Pass on that grass.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #3 : January 22, 2013, 04:28:44 PM »

Time to bring in some younger blood at TE. I wasn't impressed w/ Clark - he wasn't a game changer. Might blame Freeman for that, but doubt that Clark's absence will be a major loss if he decides not to re-sign w/ the Bucs.

Tampafan8251

Starter
« #4 : January 22, 2013, 04:29:25 PM »

I dont think Clark needs to try too hard to get out of Tampa, he's a FA and its not like teams are lining up to get him lol, hes older and isn't the same threat to defenses that he used to be, time to move on and get younger with Bennett or drafting one

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #5 : January 22, 2013, 04:31:44 PM »

Story doesn't seem likely. Don't mean to call your friend a liar, but Clark is an unrestricted free agent. Him and his agent don't have to try hard to get out of Tampa. He can simply leave. So the comment just doesn't make any sense.

Also, I doubt anyone else will want him. He was sitting on the couch last year when we took him out of desperation.

RiotHeart

Starter

« #6 : January 22, 2013, 04:38:51 PM »

Mah sources. They also say that Bree's is trying to get out of N.O. to play for Tampa at 1 mil a year.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

« #7 : January 22, 2013, 04:45:59 PM »

Everything I've seen and heard on Clark tells me he's a class act... that's the biggest reason I call BS on this story.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

« #8 : January 22, 2013, 04:47:31 PM »

Yeah...he might have said he doesn't plan on being back, but no chance he said he's trying to get out of town.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

« #9 : January 22, 2013, 04:49:27 PM »

Its not that we need a TE. Its how a TE is implemented in our offense. When its all said and done, Winslow was had more production (2011) than Dallas here and I don't think it was all on Dallas either.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #10 : January 22, 2013, 04:51:23 PM »

First and foremost, we need a TE that can run block.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #11 : January 22, 2013, 05:02:04 PM »

Don’t Write Off Martellus Bennett

Joe’s heard the Internet chatter claiming free agent tight end Martellus Bennett, a beast of a blocking and receiving talent, won’t want to come to Tampa Bay now that the Bucs have hired John Garrett as quarterbacks coach. Garrett was Bennett’s tight ends coach for four underwhelming seasons in Dallas, before Bennett’s breakout season with the Giants in 2012.

Well, it seems this is a baloney take, to use one of Greg Schiano’s favorite words.

Speaking on 98.7 FM last night, longtime Cowboys beat writer Charean Williams said Bennett and Garrett were close on and off the field and the presence of Garrett on the Bucs, in fact, would be a potential attraction for Bennett.

And Williams took that a step further saying she personally knows Martellus Bennett, and his family and brother, Bucs soon-to-be free-agent brother Michael Bennett, and the two definitely want to play together in the NFL.

Do the Bucs re-sign aging, locker room leader Dallas Clark? Or do they look to make a splash with a guy like Martellus Bennett?

Joe thinks the Bucs’ biggest interest in Bennett might come for his reputation of being a punishing blocker, a label Giants GM Jerry Reese slapped on him. And that 6-6, 265-pound body, with 54 catches last year and familiarity with the Bucs’ style of offense, qualifies as a weapon upgrade for Josh Freeman.

Bennett also fits the rockstar general manager Mark Dominik preferred free agent mold. He’s a five-year veteran but still only 25 years old.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=82177

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #12 : January 22, 2013, 05:18:22 PM »

First and foremost, we need a TE that can run block.

+1

I don't understand what Luke Stoker has done to anybody, yeah he only had 165 reception yards this season, but he barely played and when he did play he was sparingly used on passing downs. The dude is a beast in the run blocking game. He is getting more mature, stronger every week, and I feel like when he was targeted he made some pretty clutch plays for us. I remember he made a nice touchdown catch in Dallas and played pretty well for us down the stretch. But Clark likely won't be back with us and I understand how coach S wants to bring in 'competition at every position' so I think we should bring in that TE from Rutgers with a late round pick and let Stocker and DC Jefferson duke it out for a starting gig.

But anyway....

Penn, Nicks, Zuttah, Joseph, 1st round OT, Jefferson would be a sick blocking O-line

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #13 : January 22, 2013, 05:24:54 PM »

Wasn't feeling the Martellus love last season. But I am very keen on the Bucs bringing this kid in. He is a top five free agent in my book.

He isn't an incredible offensive force, but he would be perfect for what the Bucs want to do. Which is run.

Do it Dom!!

And if Clark wants to come back on the cheap, which is all he is worth for the most part, then resign him as well.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #14 : January 22, 2013, 05:53:28 PM »

Wonder why he would say it like that. Its not like its that hard to get out of here. Hes a FA. He can go whereever he likes.

That's because the story is a lie.

Dallas Clark is a baller.    If the Bucs re-sign him, sign Welker, and trade Freeman for Tebow to start at QB for the Bucs, the Bucs are a lock to win the Super Bowl next year.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dallas Clark « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools