Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dallas Clark « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#45 : January 23, 2013, 07:43:23 AM

Bennett seems to be the obvious choice but as always the board is split on wether  he is worth bringing in.  I think it's worth a try if he can be had for a fair price.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#46 : January 23, 2013, 07:44:36 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lP8fHN53t0

Draft Aaron Donald

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#47 : January 23, 2013, 07:46:55 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D40syUMnic

"I've always been a black unicorn because I'm 50% black and 50% amazing"

Haha. Maybe I do want us to sign this guy! He is a character for sure.
: January 23, 2013, 07:48:37 AM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#48 : January 23, 2013, 07:52:56 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eca3qS695c

Draft Aaron Donald

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#49 : January 23, 2013, 07:54:43 AM

That stuff doesn't really bother me.  I've read in the other threads how goofy the guy is.  All I care about is can he produce on the field when we need him.  Honestly his goofiness seems like it may be a good thing in that he has a sense of humor and he's being creative as opposed to some sort of negative side.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#50 : January 23, 2013, 08:05:33 AM

The only thing I could think that would make Dallas say those things is if the Bucs already told him they'd be going another direction this offseason. That would have pissed him off and caused him to lash out like he did in the bar. To act like he doesn't want to be here either.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#51 : January 23, 2013, 08:10:58 AM

Very possible that's what has taken place.  It may very well be sour grapes or wether people on this board like it or not he may  not like it in Tampa or playing for the Bucs.  I have no idea why he said it.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#52 : January 24, 2013, 07:56:42 AM

I saw this coming.

(Rotoworld) Bucs GM Mark Dominik said he doesn't think impending free agent TE Dallas Clark is contemplating retirement. Analysis: Clark, now 33, is coming off his healthiest and best season since 2009. But Dominik doesn't sound overly excited about bringing him back. "You want to have two people come together and make a deal happen as opposed to one side is happy and the other isn't so sure what it wants to do yet," he said. Perhaps the Bucs will let 2011 fourth-round pick Luke Stocker spread his wings in 2013.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#53 : January 24, 2013, 07:59:08 AM

I saw this coming.

(Rotoworld) Bucs GM Mark Dominik said he doesn't think impending free agent TE Dallas Clark is contemplating retirement. Analysis: Clark, now 33, is coming off his healthiest and best season since 2009. But Dominik doesn't sound overly excited about bringing him back. "You want to have two people come together and make a deal happen as opposed to one side is happy and the other isn't so sure what it wants to do yet," he said. Perhaps the Bucs will let 2011 fourth-round pick Luke Stocker spread his wings in 2013.

That was GM speak for , " we'd entertain bringing him back if all other alternatives fall through".

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#54 : January 24, 2013, 07:59:32 AM

If I was Clark, I wouldn't want to play on a team where the starting QB couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.    Who could blame him for wanting to get as far away from Josh Freeman as possible.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#55 : January 24, 2013, 08:45:59 AM

If I was Clark, I wouldn't want to play on a team where the starting QB couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.    Who could blame him for wanting to get as far away from Josh Freeman as possible.

beggars can't be choosers - Clark may have little or no choice where he goes and considering he had his best season since 2009, you'd think he'd be thankful to Schiano for the opportunity

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#56 : January 24, 2013, 08:57:00 AM

First and foremost, we need a TE that can run block.

That has been our issue here with TE and RBs in the past. When LGB was in the game, you knew he was likely going to run it. When Clark is in the game you knew we were likely going to throw it. Even to some extent with Winslow, who was a better blocker but still not very good as of lately. We need a guy who is a good run blocker and can still get open. I really thought we potentially that this in Luke Stocker, not so sure anymore.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#57 : January 24, 2013, 09:16:54 AM

Good point

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#58 : January 24, 2013, 09:35:16 AM

" Very possible that's what has taken place. It may very well be sour grapes or wether people on this board like it or not he may not like it in Tampa or playing for the Bucs. I have no idea why he said it."

Or he may have never said it at all. One anonymous guy on the internet vouching for another anonymous guy who claims he heard something at a bar isn't exactly what I'd call reliable evidence.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#59 : January 24, 2013, 09:38:13 AM

wouldn't it be funny if the Falcons signed him to replace T.G.?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dallas Clark « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools