Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dallas Clark « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#60 : January 24, 2013, 10:19:00 AM

" Very possible that's what has taken place. It may very well be sour grapes or wether people on this board like it or not he may not like it in Tampa or playing for the Bucs. I have no idea why he said it."

Or he may have never said it at all. One anonymous guy on the internet vouching for another anonymous guy who claims he heard something at a bar isn't exactly what I'd call reliable evidence.
Believe what you want.  I know what took place.  In the end Clark won't be with the Bucs next season unless no one else will sign him and he has to back track and can sucker the Bucs into signing him.  Even then from what he said I'm not sure he would sign with Tampa.  It doesn't matter to me what you think I was just letting you guys in on something that I know for a fact took place.  I understand why you may feel the way you do but it just doesn't change what I know happened.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#61 : January 24, 2013, 11:29:54 AM

I saw this coming.

(Rotoworld) Bucs GM Mark Dominik said he doesn't think impending free agent TE Dallas Clark is contemplating retirement. Analysis: Clark, now 33, is coming off his healthiest and best season since 2009. But Dominik doesn't sound overly excited about bringing him back. "You want to have two people come together and make a deal happen as opposed to one side is happy and the other isn't so sure what it wants to do yet," he said. Perhaps the Bucs will let 2011 fourth-round pick Luke Stocker spread his wings in 2013.
Stocker spread his wings....ba ha ha!  Yeah, like a chicken.

What if Clark is the party that isn't sure what it wants to do yet, and Dom is more than happy to resign him?

Lends credence Clark wanting out of Tampa...maybe Tampa is the only option he has at this point?  And Clark's agent is working the lines to try and land him a gig elsewhere?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#62 : January 24, 2013, 11:40:49 AM

wouldn't it be funny if the Falcons signed him to replace T.G.?

OMG, that would be the funniest thing ever!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#63 : January 24, 2013, 11:47:17 AM

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#64 : January 24, 2013, 12:37:01 PM

I saw this coming.

(Rotoworld) Bucs GM Mark Dominik said he doesn't think impending free agent TE Dallas Clark is contemplating retirement. Analysis: Clark, now 33, is coming off his healthiest and best season since 2009. But Dominik doesn't sound overly excited about bringing him back. "You want to have two people come together and make a deal happen as opposed to one side is happy and the other isn't so sure what it wants to do yet," he said. Perhaps the Bucs will let 2011 fourth-round pick Luke Stocker spread his wings in 2013.
Stocker spread his wings....ba ha ha!  Yeah, like a chicken.

What if Clark is the party that isn't sure what it wants to do yet, and Dom is more than happy to resign him?

Lends credence Clark wanting out of Tampa...maybe Tampa is the only option he has at this point?  And Clark's agent is working the lines to try and land him a gig elsewhere?
That's what it sounds like to me.  The rotoworld blurb came out at the best possible time to back up what I'm telling you guys.  My friend or I have NO REASON to make this stuff up.  I was happy they brought Clark in and was a little disappointed to hear he wants out but as far as production it's no big deal. 

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#65 : January 24, 2013, 01:43:43 PM

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#66 : January 24, 2013, 01:57:08 PM

I think Clark has played his last season in the pros. At least of a starter. He may get signed as a back up somewhere. I think TB wants to go in another direction anyways. They need to upgrade at that position.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#67 : January 24, 2013, 02:00:46 PM

That would definitely be ironic if Clark did sign with the Falcons and the Falcons won the Super Bowl next year.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#68 : January 24, 2013, 02:09:00 PM

That would definitely be ironic if Clark did sign with the Falcons and the Falcons won the Super Bowl next year.

It would make you happy. You were cheering for Atl and Dallas Clark this year werent you??

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#69 : January 24, 2013, 02:13:25 PM

Make me happy too, definitely a downgrade.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#70 : January 24, 2013, 02:14:42 PM

Make me happy too, definitely a downgrade.

But an upgrade for Clark.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#71 : January 24, 2013, 02:30:39 PM

Thanks for clarifying JavaRay. Biggs is being his usual **CENSORED** self.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#72 : January 24, 2013, 02:54:19 PM

With or without him TE is still a position of need. It's time to move on and get someone who might actually be here in 3 or 4 years. It was always a surprise when any of our TEs were targeted with a pass. I much prefer a TE defenses feel like they have to account for. Dallas Clark is not that. Thanks for your contribution. Let's see what the TE room learned from you. Don't let the door hit you in the azz.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#73 : January 24, 2013, 03:00:21 PM

Don't let the door hit you in the azz.

If you were saying that about Freeman or Schiano, it would make more sense.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#74 : January 24, 2013, 03:04:26 PM

With or without him TE is still a position of need. It's time to move on and get someone who might actually be here in 3 or 4 years. It was always a surprise when any of our TEs were targeted with a pass. I much prefer a TE defenses feel like they have to account for. Dallas Clark is not that. Thanks for your contribution. Let's see what the TE room learned from you. Don't let the door hit you in the azz.

I dont have any negativity towards him. Im sure he doesnt towards this organization. The Bucs were the only team to show enough interest to sign him. I agree they need the TE to be a weapon and take pressure off of VJack and MWill.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dallas Clark « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools