Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: C JORDAN VS J WATT « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 22, 2013, 04:41:10 PM

You gotta give it JC on that one, Boid.  That's a damn-fine bump.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 22, 2013, 04:41:27 PM

Knowing what we know now....I'd still take Ryan Kerrigan. I know. That is stupid, but I really think that guy would be just as dominant as Watt if he was allowed to line up as a 4-3 DE, pin his ears back and just go. He's playing out of position imo.

Draft Aaron Donald

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 22, 2013, 04:47:43 PM

I was pretty wrong in JJ Watt, too. I knew he had a Combine that put him in the league of Julius Peppers and Mario Williams, but there just wasn't much precedent for a player to have never had more than 7.0 sacks in a college season to suddenly have 20.5 in the NFL.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 22, 2013, 04:48:34 PM

Kerrigan's still putting up solid numbers.  Aldon Smith and *Von Miller are the only pass rushing LB's that put up more QB Pressures than Kerrigan.

Knowing Von Miller, Aldon Smith, and Watt would probably be selected before the Bucs picked, Kerrigan was my choice out of Quinn, Clayborn, Kerrigan, and Jordan.  Either way, that's an excellent class of pass-rushers.

*edit - left out Von Miller because he's a 4-3 LB, not usually considered pass-rushing LB'ers, but that dude is.
: January 22, 2013, 05:02:28 PM Biggs3535

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 22, 2013, 04:53:27 PM

I was pretty wrong in JJ Watt, too. I knew he had a Combine that put him in the league of Julius Peppers and Mario Williams, but there just wasn't much precedent for a player to have never had more than 7.0 sacks in a college season to suddenly have 20.5 in the NFL.
nobody could have come close to predicting that.

Watt is filthy nasty beast. Best in the game.

Shocked.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 22, 2013, 04:55:40 PM

Kerrigan's still putting up solid numbers.  Aldon Smith was the only pass rushing LB that put up more QB Pressures than Kerrigan.

Knowing Von Miller, Aldon Smith, and Watt would probably be selected before the Bucs picked, Kerrigan was my choice out of Quinn, Clayborn, Kerrigan, and Jordan.  Either way, that's an excellent class of pass-rushers.
And you didn't even mention Justin Houston.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

bamabucs

Second String

#21 : January 22, 2013, 07:18:26 PM

JJ Watt had probably one of the best seasons ever for a 3-4 DE. If he keeps it up for a few more years, Warren Sapp's legacy as the best interior pass rusher since 90s may be in jeopardy. I don't think it is likely though, that level of domination can only be an aberration.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 22, 2013, 08:13:55 PM

JJ Watt had probably one of the best seasons ever for a 3-4 DE. If he keeps it up for a few more years, Warren Sapp's legacy as the best interior pass rusher since 90s may be in jeopardy. I don't think it is likely though, that level of domination can only be an aberration.

I don't think it's an aberration. Guy is an absolute beast and also in the perfect defense for his style. If Houston somehow gets their hands on a legit pass rusher, and continues to improve the insider linebackers watch out.

I was completely wrong about Watt before the draft. I thought he was only a 3-4 player, but he would have been a beast in any D. Maybe not a 20 sack beast, but a beast.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: C JORDAN VS J WATT « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools