Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jerry Jones strips Jason Garrett of play-calling duties « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 23, 2013, 12:54:26 AM

Gruden to replace Callahan/Garrett...man this is getting rich.  I wonder if Jerry will sell the rights to Disney for the movie?

As long as they can make a sequel with the Mighty Ducks.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 23, 2013, 01:47:35 AM

In comes Gruden!

This has been my thinkin for weeks and maybe this is Jerry's way of trying to force Garrett to quit but when you really think about it, would Gruden sign on to deal with a meddling owner?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

watson

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 23, 2013, 05:51:30 AM

In comes Gruden!

This has been my thinkin for weeks and maybe this is Jerry's way of trying to force Garrett to quit but when you really think about it, would Gruden sign on to deal with a meddling owner?
Don't forget, he worked for the most meddlesome owner of all times...Al Davis....so JJ is just AD 2.0.  Talk about setting up the team, he would have his DC from Tampa and his old OC from the Raiders....

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#18 : January 23, 2013, 12:08:31 PM

That Jerry really is trying to lure Gruden in, isn't he?  Might have to start a new poll...

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 23, 2013, 12:27:32 PM

And Ratliff arrested for DUI in the same day...man I almost feel sorry for Cowboys fans.

Almost....but not really

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

Sailing2smth

Starter

#20 : January 23, 2013, 12:33:11 PM

Even with all these off season changes, I predict 2013 Cowboys will be 8-8

gone

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 23, 2013, 04:26:26 PM

In comes Gruden!

Jerry is meddling, but he's also determined to win.  He'll spend what it takes and give coach whatever he feels he needs to get there.  Plus that roster is pretty good, and Jon might see another potential Ganon in Romo. Kinda just looks like his kind of scenario there.  Add on top of that the huge market, it's hard to think of a more tempting draw for him.  Or most coaches for that matter. 

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 23, 2013, 04:30:09 PM

In comes Gruden!

Jerry is meddling, but he's also determined to win.  He'll spend what it takes and give coach whatever he feels he needs to get there.  Plus that roster is pretty good, and Jon might see another potential Ganon in Romo. Kinda just looks like his kind of scenario there.  Add on top of that the huge market, it's hard to think of a more tempting draw for him.  Or most coaches for that matter.

I could see some bad blood eventually between the two but at first they would seem like a nice new couple with some hope. I think if Garrett quits Gruden would be front and center of the speculation for their next HC. Monte already there. If he wanted to make a return to coaching, that would be the time.

gone

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 23, 2013, 04:34:44 PM

In comes Gruden!

I could see some bad blood eventually between the two but at first they would seem like a nice new couple with some hope. I think if Garrett quits Gruden would be front and center of the speculation for their next HC. Monte already there. If he wanted to make a return to coaching, that would be the time.

Not just Monte, but Callahan as well -- interesting stuff.  Plus I think people overestimate the clash of the personalities.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 23, 2013, 04:49:35 PM

In comes Gruden!

^this^.

Also, the Cowboys brand would be a huge draw. Gruden would be on the majority of TV sets every single week.

gone

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 23, 2013, 04:52:39 PM

In comes Gruden!

^this^.

Also, the Cowboys brand would be a huge draw. Gruden would be on the majority of TV sets every single week.

I'd say if he doesn't coach there he probably really is done with it.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#26 : January 23, 2013, 08:30:19 PM

^^^Yup^^^

You guys nailed it, the cowboys fit Gruden's ego to a T.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 23, 2013, 09:09:06 PM

In comes Gruden!

Don't forget, he worked for the most meddlesome owner of all times...Al Davis....so JJ is just AD 2.0.  Talk about setting up the team, he would have his DC from Tampa and his old OC from the Raiders....

Big difference though, he was looking for his first head coaching gig.  When your in that position,  you have to take whatever comes along, even the Raiders job.  And it didn't take him long to get the hell out of there.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jerry Jones strips Jason Garrett of play-calling duties « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools