Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lewis vs Smith « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

: January 22, 2013, 09:47:00 PM

Assuming the Bucs might sign a free agent CB, who do you think would benefit the Bucs the most: Keenan Lewis (Pitt) or Sean Smith (Mia)???

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 22, 2013, 09:57:53 PM

Jammer, Cro, or Grimes.

But from the two you posted, Sean Smith.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 22, 2013, 10:29:58 PM

Jammer, Cro, or Grimes.

But from the two you posted, Sean Smith.

Smith over all those.  Jammer is 33. 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 22, 2013, 10:35:04 PM

I think ideally we sign Sean Smith and an old vet like Trufant or Jammer. Then draft Rhodes.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 22, 2013, 10:38:52 PM

I think ideally we sign Sean Smith and an old vet like Trufant or Jammer. Then draft Rhodes.

Why Jammer at all?  Just curious.  If we had Rhodes and Smith, Leonard and  Biggers would be fine behind them IMO.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#5 : January 22, 2013, 11:52:08 PM

Smith, Logan Ryan, and either Leodis McKelvin or draft McFadden.  That will give us 2 big bodied, physical CB's.  I also think we need one CB who is quick enough to cover slot receivers, McKelvin would bring the added benefit of return abilities..  I'd be ok with bringing back Johnson and Gaitor to compete for 4th and 5th spots.  I'm not against bringing Biggers back, but I think he would want more money than we'd be willing to pay the #4 guy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 22, 2013, 11:55:24 PM

Trade for Revis.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#7 : January 23, 2013, 12:46:43 AM

In 2012:      Smith had 59 tackles,  12 passes defended and 2 Interrceptions

Lewis had 71 tackles,  23 passes defended and 0 interceptions

Why is Smith the clear cut choice???

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 23, 2013, 12:52:36 AM

In 2012:      Smith had 59 tackles,  12 passes defended and 2 Interrceptions

Lewis had 71 tackles,  23 passes defended and 0 interceptions

Why is Smith the clear cut choice???

Smith is younger.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#9 : January 23, 2013, 01:05:33 AM

Smith is 25

Lewis is 26

That doesn't seem a reason.  71 tackles and 23 passes defended seem likie more of a reason.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 23, 2013, 01:06:58 AM

Trade for Revis.

What would you give up??

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 23, 2013, 01:19:22 AM

Smith is 25

Lewis is 26

That doesn't seem a reason.  71 tackles and 23 passes defended seem likie more of a reason.

because Sean Smith has started for 4 years and been a decent player in that time

Lewis has been a mediocre nickleback for most of his career, and has only become a decent starter this past year

Smith is also taller

both want big money, I think Smith would be a safer choice

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 23, 2013, 07:21:18 AM

Why Jammer at all?  Just curious.  If we had Rhodes and Smith, Leonard and  Biggers would be fine behind them IMO.

I'd prefer Trufant, but I think we need to sign one of the older free agent CBs. Ronde might or might not be here next year, but either way we have a very young and inexperienced secondary. It would be nice to have a long time vet back there to add some stability.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#13 : January 23, 2013, 01:57:27 PM

Thanks  Lyron

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 23, 2013, 05:01:55 PM

I prefer Smith.  He is a bigger CB and I think is a good fit for our defense.   If he makes it to FA, I expect the Bucs to make a major push to sign him.  We need to sign at least one veteran starting CB and then add at least one more CB in the first three rounds.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lewis vs Smith « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools