Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Free Agency and Mock Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bglymph04

Practice Squad
: January 22, 2013, 11:02:43 PM

2013 Free Agency and Mock Draft

- Brent Grimes, CB, Falcons. Age: 30.
Brent Grimes is coming off a torn Achilles' tendon. He'll be 30 in July, so it'll be tough for him to bounce back.

-E.J. Biggers, CB, Buccaneers. Age: 26.
E.J. Biggers took over for a suspended Aqib Talib in Week 6 and played surprisingly well in coverage. He's a liability in run support, however.

- Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Lions. Age: 26.
Sammie Lee Hill could start for some teams, as he does a decent job of pressuring the quarterback. He just hasn't had much of a chance in Detroit because he's been behind Ndamukong Suh, Nick Fairley and Corey Williams on the depth chart.

-Glenn Dorsey, DT, Chiefs. Age: 28.
Glenn Dorsey is a bust as the fifth-overall selection in 2008. He can stop the run when healthy, so he's serviceable in that regard. I'd also like to see what he can do in a 4-3, a system more suited toward his strengths.

- Roy Miller, DT, Buccaneers. Age: 26.
Roy Miller doesn't offer anything as a pass-rusher, but he's a primary reason why the Buccaneers had one of the league's top run defenses in 2012.

-Phil Loadholt, OT, Vikings. Age: 27.
Phil Loadholt was one of the most penalized linemen in the NFL this past season (11 penalties), but he made up for it with his powerful run-blocking and sound pass protection. Our O-Line coach can fix the penalty situation.

-Martellus Bennett, TE, Giants. Age: 26.
Martellus Bennett was solid all around for the Giants in terms of receiving and blocking. He proved that he can be a quality starting tight end in the NFL, so he'll be rewarded accordingly.

-Michael Bennett, DE, Buccaneers. Age: 27.
One of the more underrated players in the NFL, Michael Bennett is a solid pass-rusher and a premier run-defender. He plays all three downs and deserves a big contract.

-Brandon Banks (RFA), KR, Redskins. Age: 25
If he get release due to redskins salary cap situation bucs should pick him up

- Rob Turner, C/G/OT, Rams. Age: 29.
Rob Turner had a decent 2012 campaign for the Rams. He played center and guard, and he's capable of lining up at right tackle as well.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers CB, Xavier Rhodes,Florida State
43. Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR,KR,PR Tavon, Austin, WVU
73. Tampa Bay Buccaneers FS Phillip Thomas, Fresno State
108. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -LB Gerald Hodges, Penn State
122. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- (via New England Patriots)- DE Michael Buchanan, Illinois
139. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- RB Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina
170. Tampa- FB,RB Lonnie Pryor, Florida State

Feel free to comment!!!! Hope everyone enjoy!!!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 23, 2013, 01:23:27 AM

I am not a big Grimes fan, he is getting up there in age, and not the tallest CB available,  and then there is the injury history.   

Draft....I don't see the need for a safety, LB, and 2 RB's.  But I like the first 2 picks.

Just my $0.02

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

spurzo

Second String

#2 : January 23, 2013, 03:52:58 AM

I like the Dorsey and Loadholt signings... and the Lattimore pick...  If he's there in the 5th round I think it'd be a great pick

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#3 : January 23, 2013, 04:05:33 AM

I wish the Bucs could get Kuechly in this draft.   They sure screwed it up last year.

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#4 : January 23, 2013, 08:44:40 AM

I'm on the Phillip Thomas bandwagon, but if we take Rhodes lets hope we trade back to do it.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 23, 2013, 09:03:32 AM

2013 Free Agency and Mock Draft

- Brent Grimes, CB, Falcons. Age: 30.
Brent Grimes is coming off a torn Achilles' tendon. He'll be 30 in July, so it'll be tough for him to bounce back.

-E.J. Biggers, CB, Buccaneers. Age: 26.
E.J. Biggers took over for a suspended Aqib Talib in Week 6 and played surprisingly well in coverage. He's a liability in run support, however.

- Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Lions. Age: 26.
Sammie Lee Hill could start for some teams, as he does a decent job of pressuring the quarterback. He just hasn't had much of a chance in Detroit because he's been behind Ndamukong Suh, Nick Fairley and Corey Williams on the depth chart.

-Glenn Dorsey, DT, Chiefs. Age: 28.
Glenn Dorsey is a bust as the fifth-overall selection in 2008. He can stop the run when healthy, so he's serviceable in that regard. I'd also like to see what he can do in a 4-3, a system more suited toward his strengths.

- Roy Miller, DT, Buccaneers. Age: 26.
Roy Miller doesn't offer anything as a pass-rusher, but he's a primary reason why the Buccaneers had one of the league's top run defenses in 2012.

-Phil Loadholt, OT, Vikings. Age: 27.
Phil Loadholt was one of the most penalized linemen in the NFL this past season (11 penalties), but he made up for it with his powerful run-blocking and sound pass protection. Our O-Line coach can fix the penalty situation.

-Martellus Bennett, TE, Giants. Age: 26.
Martellus Bennett was solid all around for the Giants in terms of receiving and blocking. He proved that he can be a quality starting tight end in the NFL, so he'll be rewarded accordingly.

-Michael Bennett, DE, Buccaneers. Age: 27.
One of the more underrated players in the NFL, Michael Bennett is a solid pass-rusher and a premier run-defender. He plays all three downs and deserves a big contract.

-Brandon Banks (RFA), KR, Redskins. Age: 25
If he get release due to redskins salary cap situation bucs should pick him up

- Rob Turner, C/G/OT, Rams. Age: 29.
Rob Turner had a decent 2012 campaign for the Rams. He played center and guard, and he's capable of lining up at right tackle as well.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers CB, Xavier Rhodes,Florida State
43. Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR,KR,PR Tavon, Austin, WVU
73. Tampa Bay Buccaneers FS Phillip Thomas, Fresno State
108. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -LB Gerald Hodges, Penn State
122. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- (via New England Patriots)- DE Michael Buchanan, Illinois
139. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- RB Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina
170. Tampa- FB,RB Lonnie Pryor, Florida State

Feel free to comment!!!! Hope everyone enjoy!!!

I would be totally on board with all of this except would rather have a better CB coming from FA.  I have met Brent a few times here in ATL, nice guy but would prefer to sign him as a #2 along with someone else and then take BPA at #13.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 23, 2013, 12:04:56 PM

Unfortunately I'm way to busy this year to do any kind of in depth evaluation as I've done in the past. What I do know is Rhodes at #13 might be a bit to high. If he is indeed the guy they are targeting then maybe a trade back for extra picks would be in order. I highly doubt the Bucs will be selecting a RB in this draft. Doug Martin, DJ Ware and Michael Smith will likely be the 3 rostered RB's this coming season.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 23, 2013, 12:50:42 PM

Unfortunately I'm way to busy this year to do any kind of in depth evaluation as I've done in the past. What I do know is Rhodes at #13 might be a bit to high. If he is indeed the guy they are targeting then maybe a trade back for extra picks would be in order. I highly doubt the Bucs will be selecting a RB in this draft. Doug Martin, DJ Ware and Michael Smith will likely be the 3 rostered RB's this coming season.

Agree completely...as a big FSU fan, I love Rhodes but never saw him play to the level of a #13 pick this or any year.  I could see them getting a RB very very late, if it happens.

yvespo

Rookie

#8 : January 23, 2013, 07:06:37 PM

If the bucs are able to get Tavon Austin I would be so amped. He's the next Percy Harvin

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 28, 2013, 10:11:03 AM

i like a lot of this.  to cherry pick some...re-sign bennett, biggers, miller and if ronde wants to in a more limited role.

FA
sean smith - reports are he wont break the bank.
derek cox/DRC/antoine cason - one more of the bigger faster guys.
jairus byrd/louis delmas - byrd probably not available, delmas with big ties to FL and biggers
loadholt - big guy, just cherry picking from yours.
shonn greene - physical runner to pound the rock.
martellus bennett - no brainer.
matt moore - he's won some games.

trade penn for a 3rd.  pipedream, but maybe someone likes the past probowl and the friendly contract compared to jake long.

1 - lane johnson.  would rather him in the 2nd but looks like he's rising.
2 - shariff floyd.  does nothing exceptional but does everything well.
3 - menelik watson.  the dom 2-fer.  early for a project but team falls in love.
3 & 4 - packaged together to move up and take barrett jones.
4 - denard robinson.  another project but the team falls in love with a gut feeling.
5 - pough - the SLB LB
6 - lonnie pryor.  can play FB and RB and pound it.  team player in the EG fashion.
7 - marcus lattimore.  somebody already gambled on him?  adrian bushell.  UF dropout for the practice squad.

now,  no way do i think this is gonna happen.  dom's already made it clear he doesnt like rookie OL.  but the team is putting itself in position to run the ball and take pressure off freeman.  also setting itself up in position to make a run at teddy bridgewater in 2014.  lots of CB/S to shore up the defense.  i wanted to include the big DT brandon williams, but i guess shariff floyd will have to do.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Mateen

Starter

#10 : January 28, 2013, 10:48:12 AM

i like a lot of this.  to cherry pick some...re-sign bennett, biggers, miller and if ronde wants to in a more limited role.

FA
jairus byrd/louis delmas - byrd probably not available, delmas with big ties to FL and biggers

trade penn for a 3rd.  pipedream, but maybe someone likes the past probowl and the friendly contract compared to jake long.

3 - menelik watson.  the dom 2-fer.  early for a project but team falls in love.
4 - denard robinson.  another project but the team falls in love with a gut feeling.
5 - pough - the SLB LB
6 - lonnie pryor.  can play FB and RB and pound it.  team player in the EG fashion.
7 - marcus lattimore.  somebody already gambled on him?  adrian bushell.  UF dropout for the practice squad.

now,  no way do i think this is gonna happen.  dom's already made it clear he doesnt like rookie OL.  but the team is putting itself in position to run the ball and take pressure off freeman.  also setting itself up in position to make a run at teddy bridgewater in 2014.  lots of CB/S to shore up the defense.  i wanted to include the big DT brandon williams, but i guess shariff floyd will have to do.

Lol wow...just wow.

Juani2

Second String

#11 : January 28, 2013, 11:02:14 AM

Lol why you say that?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 28, 2013, 12:28:27 PM

Lol wow...just wow.

pretty amazing, i realize.  take a minute to let it all in.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 28, 2013, 01:31:41 PM

We would have a ton of DTs if we signed all those guys. We really need to add another quality DE behind Bennett, Clayborn and Bowers.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#14 : January 28, 2013, 01:37:39 PM

FA

5 - pough - the SLB LB

Your free agency ideas are good, but that draft would royally suck balls.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Free Agency and Mock Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools