Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jamarcus Russell says he's going to make a comeback « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

: January 23, 2013, 03:19:21 AM

Former Oakland Raiders quarterback Jamarcus Russell is hoping to make a return to the NFL.

Seriously.

Despite still weighing 308 pounds, the former first round pick believes he can make a return to the league. Russell has been working out for the last six weeks in an attempt to get back in shape and return to the football field for the first time since 2009.

According to Yahoo! Sports, Russell will be training with Brian Martin of TEST Football Academy and TEST West and be mentored by former NFL and LSU wide receiver Mike Clayton.

Russell is also expected to get specific training from a handful of former NFL players, including Jeff Garcia and Marshall Faulk, hoping to help restore Russells football career.

Russell still has a long way to go before any team will even consider giving him a look. Even if hes able to get back into something close to playing shape, hell have to convince a team to give him a workout. Hell have to answer questions about his arrest for having codeine syrup without a prescription in 2010 and convince someone hes worth a chance.

But you cant blame Russell trying to revitalize his career, even if hes unsuccessful.

Im not looking for a pat on the shoulder from people who havent been there for me, Russell said. It feels funny not to go through a training camp, thats just what Im used to. Its going to feel good to go back out there again. I will make this happen."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/23/jamarcus-russell-wants-to-make-a-comeback/

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : January 23, 2013, 03:50:42 AM

He's as good as Freeman, so why not?

Ms Elam

Starter

#2 : January 23, 2013, 06:25:19 AM

Hahaha I would say he's going to end up "flabbergasted" like Tiki but I doubt that Russell would use such a big word.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 23, 2013, 06:47:29 AM

Hahaha I would say he's going to end up "flabbergasted" like Tiki but I doubt that Russell would use such a big word.

Working out for 6 weeks and still weighing 308....naw he's just "flab" and "gassed"

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 23, 2013, 08:43:30 AM

Ironically the timing is perfect. In a pass happy league there are a lot of terrible QBs and teams are itching to get one. If he drops to 250 I see a team picking him up at vet minimum. Losing that much weight is doable for a professional athlete or a person who doesn't work 8-5.
: January 23, 2013, 08:45:31 AM BucfanNC12

pancake block

Starter

#5 : January 23, 2013, 08:49:13 AM

robitussen getting scarce ?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 23, 2013, 08:50:00 AM

I THOUGHT HE JUST CHANGED HIS NAME TO JOSH FREEMAN AND STARTED PLAYING FOR THE BUCS BECAUSE THAT'S HOW HORRIBLE FREEMAN IS!!!!!

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#7 : January 23, 2013, 09:01:55 AM

He should title his "comeback" campaign 'RETURN TO FAIL.'

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Ms Elam

Starter

#8 : January 23, 2013, 09:21:42 AM

Working out for 6 weeks and still weighing 308....naw he's just "flab" and "gassed"
Haha good one.

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#9 : January 23, 2013, 09:52:26 AM

Michael Clayton mentoring JaMarcus Russell?  Is there a bigger joke?

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#10 : January 23, 2013, 11:06:22 AM

Michael Clayton mentoring JaMarcus Russell?  Is there a bigger joke?
That's what I thought when I read that as well.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 23, 2013, 11:12:11 AM

A comeback?  To the Wendy's drive through?

And Clayton, of all people?  You're an unmotivated fatass, so you hire another one of football's legendary unmotivated fatasses to mentor you?

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 23, 2013, 11:33:21 AM

Ironically the timing is perfect. In a pass happy league there are a lot of terrible QBs and teams are itching to get one. If he drops to 250 I see a team picking him up at vet minimum. Losing that much weight is doable for a professional athlete or a person who doesn't work 8-5.

It's possible for anyone, 1 hour or less out of the day. It's mostly about how you eat no excuses.

McCoy93

Starter

#13 : January 23, 2013, 11:33:36 AM

good. the raiders need a qb

meekerbeastman

Second String

#14 : January 23, 2013, 12:00:41 PM

this was the best part imo

"be mentored by former NFL and LSU wide receiver Mike Clayton."

hahahahahahahahahahahaa come on man
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jamarcus Russell says he's going to make a comeback « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools