Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You are a free agent................... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

: January 23, 2013, 08:32:56 AM

and Dom is trying to get you signed with the Bucs. If money isn't the sole motivation what is attractive to come to this team? Given the multiple threads we have saying we need a TE, DE, etc., give good reasons why a free agent would want to come here.

The only position I see a free agent wanting to come here is DB because they may feel they have an opportunity to shine over our current players.

Thoughts. 

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 23, 2013, 08:33:30 AM

The weather and the ability to be a starter at those positions.

pancake block

Starter

#2 : January 23, 2013, 08:54:10 AM

when you supposed to be the best slot reciever,when showcasing your skills...dont go all Clayton ...anyone still think Welker is the shizzle ?

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 23, 2013, 09:00:08 AM

The weather, the beach, the girls walking around in next to nothing..........oh yea and no state income tax

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 23, 2013, 09:02:25 AM

Money is 90% of it. The best alternative selling point would be the facilities.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#5 : January 23, 2013, 12:04:04 PM

Being an NFL free agent, I'm obviously not a teenager and can get all the women I want. Women walking around half dressed means little to me. The stifling heat isn't all that appealing either. I want money, and I want a  chance to win a ring. The rest is fluff.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 23, 2013, 12:11:10 PM

The Buccaneers proved last Free Agent Season that they are serious when they signed Nicks and Jackson. Agents and players will take notice of that, no doubt. This FA season is going to be very interesting. What the Bucs do with Eric Wright will determine a lot of the Pre Free Agency Strategy.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 23, 2013, 12:15:36 PM

Being an NFL free agent, I'm obviously not a teenager and can get all the women I want. Women walking around half dressed means little to me. The stifling heat isn't all that appealing either. I want money, and I want a  chance to win a ring. The rest is fluff.

Not saying a pro player cant....but the views and women in south Florida have got to be better than MN, GB, SEA, CIN, CLE,  Buf...etc.  Im not saying its the end all, be all...but I would rather have this as a perk than cold as F&*%

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#8 : January 23, 2013, 12:31:34 PM

Some people do actually like having seasons...

I think you sell them on this team being on the rise(see record improvement), and serious about winning(see last years FA spending).
Some players could be sold on the discipline(I am sure there are guys who actually like playing in that kind of system, guys who are a little more serious).
Hey your brother plays here and likes it(true this only applies to M. Bennett).
Sales tax, the facility and maybe free ManU tickets too.

Sailing2smth

Starter

#9 : January 23, 2013, 12:34:37 PM

+1 for no state tax

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 23, 2013, 12:42:19 PM

I think you sell them on this team being on the rise(see record improvement), and serious about winning(see last years FA spending).
Some players could be sold on the discipline(I am sure there are guys who actually like playing in that kind of system, guys who are a little more serious).

I agree with all of these things, but not sold about the seasons part.  There's a reason that warm climate college teams are more talented.  Players in those states dont want to go where it is cold if they have the choice.  3-8 years later in life, all things being equal, I would think the same would apply.  (Although I recognize things are hardly ever equal, be it $$$ or chance to win a ring). 

I just have to believe that when FA opens in March and players visit teams and its 80 degrees in Tampa and 45 in Chicago....that it means something.

I could be totally wrong but I believe this until proven otherwise.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#11 : January 23, 2013, 02:13:52 PM

I agree with all of these things, but not sold about the seasons part.  There's a reason that warm climate college teams are more talented.  Players in those states dont want to go where it is cold if they have the choice.  3-8 years later in life, all things being equal, I would think the same would apply.  (Although I recognize things are hardly ever equal, be it $$$ or chance to win a ring). 

I just have to believe that when FA opens in March and players visit teams and its 80 degrees in Tampa and 45 in Chicago....that it means something.

I could be totally wrong but I believe this until proven otherwise.
The downside to what you're saying is they also know how blistering hot and humid it is in Tampa during July, August and September.  They're also aware that coach isn't running a day camp down here.  It's all about the money, winning and playing.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 23, 2013, 02:16:19 PM

Dont tell them that Dallas Clark even though a Free Agent is still trying his hardest to get out of Tampa! Apprarently, once your here, your stuck here.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#13 : January 23, 2013, 02:21:18 PM

Not if you can find someone else to sign you.  Did it ever accrue to you that Clark was out of options and that's why he came here in the first place?  I don't know that to be the case but it's just another possibility.  An old Dallas - Peyton + #5 = average at best and that's being kind.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 23, 2013, 02:23:52 PM

Im just goofin.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You are a free agent................... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools