Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You are a free agent................... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#15 : January 23, 2013, 02:25:25 PM

Im just goofin.
No problems!

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 23, 2013, 02:54:57 PM

Some people do actually like having seasons...

I think you sell them on this team being on the rise(see record improvement), and serious about winning(see last years FA spending).
Some players could be sold on the discipline(I am sure there are guys who actually like playing in that kind of system, guys who are a little more serious).
Hey your brother plays here and likes it(true this only applies to M. Bennett).
Sales tax, the facility and maybe free ManU tickets too.

I agree with all of these things, but not sold about the seasons part.  There's a reason that warm climate college teams are more talented.  Players in those states dont want to go where it is cold if they have the choice.  3-8 years later in life, all things being equal, I would think the same would apply.  (Although I recognize things are hardly ever equal, be it $$$ or chance to win a ring). 

I just have to believe that when FA opens in March and players visit teams and its 80 degrees in Tampa and 45 in Chicago....that it means something.

I could be totally wrong but I believe this until proven otherwise.
The downside to what you're saying is they also know how blistering hot and humid it is in Tampa during July, August and September.  They're also aware that coach isn't running a day camp down here.  It's all about the money, winning and playing.

Touche sir

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 23, 2013, 03:11:03 PM

If I were a vet TE, VJax would be an awesome threat that would make me look good. Vjax would probably be the checkmate in my decision.

If I were a good CB, I would like to play here because the line and LBers have potential. Not Only that, but for job security (no one would be better than me to take my job. I'd be #1 for awhile).

Schiano does no favors though. Any player that wants to be with a "players coach" probably won't want to sign here. However, He and Dom somehow was able to bring in VJ and Nicks in one offseason, so I'm sure they could bring in others no problem. Money of course was weighed in, but we have to be honest, either one of them would've gotten paid anywhere they went. Now that we have them around, other FA's might be more inclined to join. Especially after seeing VJ's continued success.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#18 : January 23, 2013, 03:44:06 PM

Just as we had VJax apparently in on the Garrett interview, maybe he should be brought in to talk to some key FA interests.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#19 : January 23, 2013, 03:44:23 PM

If I were a vet TE, VJax would be an awesome threat that would make me look good. Vjax would probably be the checkmate in my decision.

If I were a good CB, I would like to play here because the line and LBers have potential. Not Only that, but for job security (no one would be better than me to take my job. I'd be #1 for awhile).

Schiano does no favors though. Any player that wants to be with a "players coach" probably won't want to sign here. However, He and Dom somehow was able to bring in VJ and Nicks in one offseason, so I'm sure they could bring in others no problem. Money of course was weighed in, but we have to be honest, either one of them would've gotten paid anywhere they went. Now that we have them around, other FA's might be more inclined to join. Especially after seeing VJ's continued success.
VJs loyalty and dedication to coach and team also has to be a major plus.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 23, 2013, 04:31:35 PM

I know one thing:  if I were Brian Leonard I would be calling my agent and telling him to call Dominik ASAP.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You are a free agent................... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools