Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT'S 2013 BUCS 7-ROUND MOCK DRAFT 1.0 « previous next »
Page: 1

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
« : January 23, 2013, 09:07:25 AM »

Pewter Report publisher Scott Reynolds offers up his first 7-round Bucs mock draft of 2013. Who is Tampa Bay’s first-round pick? How many cornerbacks will the Bucs draft? Get the answers right here. p

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_magazine&view=item&id=2920&Itemid=71

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #1 : January 26, 2013, 09:26:48 AM »

Bucs Q&A: Will Tampa Bay Buccaneers pick CBs in early rounds?

Q: Do you think with the extra fourth-round pick that Tampa rolls the dice and picks up three cornerbacks in the first three rounds? One of them could also play safety in case Ronde Barber retires!

—George Hicks, Alba, Texas

A: I can't see the Bucs using their first three draft picks on defensive backs. That strategy rarely works and the Bucs have other pressing needs like tight end, right tackle and along the defensive line. There's no question the secondary needs a significant upgrade, but focusing exclusively on cornerback in the premium rounds of the draft is risky business. The Bucs will know whether Ronde Barber is returning before they start the draft, and you are correct in suggesting that decision will play a role in their overall strategy.

— Ira Kaufman

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/bucs/2013/jan/24/bucs-qampa-will-tampa-bay-buccaneers-pick-cbs-in-e-ar-615459/

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

« #2 : January 26, 2013, 02:19:06 PM »

I can't see the Bucs using their first three draft picks on defensive backs.

Yeah, I can't see that happening either.  At the very most, two DB's with first two or three picks but I'm hoping the Bucs are active enough in FA so the team is able to evaluate who is left on the table as opposed to drafting strictly based on need.

Turn the page.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
« #3 : January 26, 2013, 02:44:50 PM »

I like The Trufant selection. Him and Ryan could be a great combo at CB.
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT'S 2013 BUCS 7-ROUND MOCK DRAFT 1.0 « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools