Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Seaus sue NFL « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
: January 23, 2013, 05:39:02 PM

Family of former Chargers star Junior Seau sues NFL over suicide

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/23/us-usa-nfl-seau-idUSBRE90M1E220130123

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 23, 2013, 05:39:43 PM

Sounds like an excuse to get money out of the NFL...

If they really cared, they'd talk to the media, medical experts and the NFL.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 23, 2013, 05:44:15 PM

THIS is the reason the NFL is changing to no tackle.

pancake block

Starter

#3 : January 23, 2013, 05:52:36 PM

perfect, willing to accept all the reward, living in the high life...and not be responsible for any risks....typical, call Dewie, Cheatem, and Howe

youngone

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 23, 2013, 05:53:53 PM

Sounds like a money grab to me.

His family wasn't too worried about his mental health and welfare when he was playing and bringing home the dough.

Ms Elam

Starter

#5 : January 23, 2013, 05:57:03 PM

Sounds like a money grab but I'm in no position to question the validity of NFL caused head trauma playing a roll in his committing suicide. I know head trauma can alter the brain. I seen something on through the worm whole talking about head injuries causing brain damage and chemical imbalances which could turn a normal person into a sociopath, or in other words a head injury could make a good guy turn into a killer with no remorse.

However this isn't the same thing as a factory worker getting hurt on the job. He made the decision to play a violent game, and I bet his family made the decision to sign him up for youth football which spawned his love of football. I don't see Nascar drivers suing after they get inured in a bad crash. Football players should pull their skirts down and stop trying to regain loss money.
: January 23, 2013, 05:59:14 PM Ms Elam

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#6 : January 23, 2013, 06:05:50 PM

surely NFL players sign a ton of documents when they agree to their contracts w/ NFL teams ----and in those documents there is a discussion about inherent risks to injury ---any sane jury should side w/ the NFL and not the players' family, right? Maybe the family is looking for some sort of settlement.

Ms Elam

Starter

#7 : January 23, 2013, 07:24:16 PM

surely NFL players sign a ton of documents when they agree to their contracts w/ NFL teams ----and in those documents there is a discussion about inherent risks to injury ---any sane jury should side w/ the NFL and not the players' family, right? Maybe the family is looking for some sort of settlement.
A settlement would be the wrong way to go. Style with the Seus and you open the flood gates. Every family that has had a former player commit suicide would be a fool not to sick their hands out to. It seems like a former player has committed suicide once a year for the last 5 years.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 23, 2013, 07:38:34 PM

Sounds like an excuse to get money out of the NFL...

If they really cared, they'd talk to the media, medical experts and the NFL.

Like damn near everything else in today's society..... its all about the $$$

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 23, 2013, 07:40:20 PM

Sounds like a money grab but I'm in no position to question the validity of NFL caused head trauma playing a roll in his committing suicide.

Because all head injuries are caused by the NFL, not college high school or pop warner.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 23, 2013, 07:56:34 PM

I heard reports that surfaced a few weeks ago saying Seau was suffering from a brain tumor at the time of his death rather than brain damage. Trouble is, brain tumors can't be caused by physical sports. That was about the same time we learned that J.Belcher was over 3x the legal limit at the time he shot himself. It's clear some of these player's family's are just looking for a hand out. I don't think either case would stand a chance in court if the reports prove to be true.

Ms Elam

Starter

#11 : January 23, 2013, 07:58:26 PM

Sounds like a money grab but I'm in no position to question the validity of NFL caused head trauma playing a roll in his committing suicide.

Because all head injuries are caused by the NFL, not college high school or pop warner.
Well you see... That's why I didn't end my original post with that one sentence you chose to highlight. If you read the entire 3 or 4 sentences in the post then you will see I clearly mentioned his family signing him up for youth football. But what the heck you couldn't make your cute little retort if you replied to my whole post. Cool bro.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 23, 2013, 08:50:08 PM

To be honest, i didn't even read all of your post. Just the portion i quoted. And if you took that as a shot at you, perhaps you should be a little less sensitive.

As for trying to be cute, that's not really my forte. It actually comes naturally.

Ms Elam

Starter

#13 : January 23, 2013, 09:09:51 PM

To be honest, i didn't even read all of your post. Just the portion i quoted. And if you took that as a shot at you, perhaps you should be a little less sensitive.

As for trying to be cute, that's not really my forte. It actually comes naturally.
Its quite obvious you didn't. I actually stated that you didn't. I just said you took a shot at me, I was just pointing out how you partially quoted me to say something I had already said in my original post. You did it in a very sarcastic tone duo I felt the need to respond. And a grown man calling himself "cute". Got a lil sugar in your tank

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 23, 2013, 09:28:11 PM

You guys are arguing over nothing. Just kiss and make up :)

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Seaus sue NFL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools