Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman/offense by quarter « previous next »
Page: 1

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

: January 24, 2013, 04:14:05 PM

These days NFL.com and third party football sites are doing a good job breaking down players and teams not just by total games but by situational aspects of each game. With all the arguing between fans about the inconsistency of Freeman I thought it would be a good idea to try and figure out when Freeman is at his best and when he's at his worst.

First Quarter
Freeman: 62.1%, 8 TD, 4 INT, 91.9 QBR
Offense: #9 in points

Second Quarter
Freeman: 50.0%, 5 TD, 4 INT, 67.9 QBR
Offense: #29 in points

Third Quarter
Freeman: 51.7%, 7 TD, 6 INT, 79.4 QBR
Offense: #8 in points

Fourth Quarter
Freeman: 54.8%, 6 TD, 3 INT, 82.9 QBR
Offense: #7 in points

Basically, Freeman and the Bucs are very good in the first quarter, terrible in the second, and then at times good in the second half. Why is this? I'm not totally sure as I freely admit to not being able to watch every Bucs game but I have a few guess. The first thing is that the Bucs have pretty good natural talent on offense, they go into games with pretty good gameplans, and they challenge all levels of the opponent, which gives the team a lot of leads. But then something happens. Either defenses adjust to what the Bucs and the Bucs have trouble making new adjustments or the Bucs consciously go conservative to try and protect the lead and once opponents don't have to defend the entire field, their job gets a lot easier. Then in the second half when the defense has had enough time to blow the lead and the coaches have to turn the offense back on, things get better.

Is this a narrative that others can agree with?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 24, 2013, 04:24:54 PM

Is it on Freeman or the coaches. it appears that the first quarter game plan, scripted plays, typially 15 work but then the opponents  defense catches on in the second quarter. Halftime brings some adjustments, he plays a little better but still is behind from the second quarter, then he plays like hell in the fourth. Just guessing.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#2 : January 24, 2013, 04:34:53 PM

I may be wrong ( what else is new ) but I would almost bet we scored more points on our first drive , which is very encouraging, than any other drive of the game.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#3 : January 24, 2013, 06:13:29 PM

I don't need to see any stats to know Freeman is a crap QB.   I've seen the games and his passes.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 24, 2013, 06:38:13 PM

I think at that point you are sort of taking too fine a grain. You look at his half by half stats 80 vs 81 and you see a fairly consistent mediocrity.

His Home/Road (91 vs 72) splits are a bit shockingly high.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#5 : January 24, 2013, 09:30:54 PM

I think it just shows why people here are frustrated with Freeman. He is amazingly inconsistent. I don't think he is terrible. There was a 4 week stretch when he was the best QB in the NFL. Up until the last few weeks his numbers were actually on par with the Ryans, Bradys and Mannings. Then he collapsed.

He has a GREAT deep ball, can run but chooses not to, can improvise and make some GREAT passes (the game trying score to Carolina). But he also can't connect on shorter passes, is not very accurate and holds onto the ball too long. This season will prove a lot about Freeman. I'm a huge fan of the guy, and really think he has it. He just has to let go and stop thinking so much. I'm just hoping it clicks in the off season.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 24, 2013, 09:41:39 PM

This season will prove a lot about Freeman.

And if you see more of what u saw this year, then what?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 24, 2013, 09:49:27 PM

$64,000 question. If I had to guess, itś fish or cut bait time for Dom and Schiano.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Hate

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 24, 2013, 11:31:49 PM

$64,000 question. If I had to guess, itś fish or cut bait time for Dom and Schiano.

All i keep reading is one more year..... like some miraculous transformation is supposed to take place THIS offseason. At this point in his career, Freeman is what he is..... even if he IS only 25.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman/offense by quarter « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools