Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jets to explore Revis trade? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

Jutt

Starter
: January 23, 2013, 08:16:50 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21604939/jets-owner-woody-johnson-to-explore-trading-darrelle-revis

I kinda wanna call bullsh1t on this...but its interesting nonetheless.

Thoughts fellas?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 23, 2013, 08:21:28 PM

He is still fairly young, 27, I guess it would depend on the price.  The Jets most likely want a kings ransom.  Something like....To get Revis you have to take Tebow also.    [j/k]

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

CanadianBuc

Starter
#2 : January 23, 2013, 08:24:29 PM

Jason La Canfora says that the Jets are pretty desperate to get something for him while they can cuz they won't have enough cap to keep him from being a FA in 2013 and they can't tag him according to his contract. We might be able to trade Eric Wright and a 4th Rounder for Darelle Revis but it depends on what else teams are offering.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 23, 2013, 08:26:40 PM

Jason La Canfora says that the Jets are pretty desperate to get something for him while they can cuz they won't have enough cap to keep him from being a FA in 2013 and they can't tag him according to his contract. We might be able to trade Eric Wright and a 4th Rounder for Darelle Revis but it depends on what else teams are offering.

You think the Jets would take Wright and a 4th rounder?  They are a circus up there, but not that crazy.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Jutt

Starter
#4 : January 23, 2013, 08:28:08 PM

You think the Jets would take Wright and a 4th rounder?  They are a circus up there, but not that crazy.

Like a poster said in the other thread that was made(we can all post in that one since it has more replies) that maybe we could lowball them with Blount and a 1st

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 23, 2013, 08:28:48 PM

Ab. So. Lute. Ly

Go get this guy.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Jutt

Starter
#6 : January 23, 2013, 08:32:22 PM

Any resonable trade has to be considered imo.

What is the most yall feel we should give up, so we dont throw all of our eggs in one basket?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 23, 2013, 08:35:22 PM

They probably want a first.  IDK about that.  I would have to think about it.  Is he even healthy?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 23, 2013, 08:36:20 PM

Our second rounder from this year and next year, for him and a late round pick.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 23, 2013, 08:38:30 PM

That is better IMO.  A first seems pretty steep.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Jutt

Starter
#10 : January 23, 2013, 08:39:03 PM

They probably want a first.  IDK about that.  I would have to think about it.  Is he even healthy?

Meh, i think the way guys are recovering from ACLs i dont think itd be a huge issue. Revis is fast, but his game was never really based off his speed.

Jutt

Starter
#11 : January 23, 2013, 08:40:04 PM

Man idk if theyll go for that. Maybe this years 2nd, one of our 4ths might get it done

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#12 : January 23, 2013, 08:48:16 PM

First is steep, but maybe worth it. 

2nd and 4th.......YES.

Package Blount or Wright in there if it helps sweeten the pot.

Definitely have to start out low, and see where it goes.  Don't give up too crazy much, but be in the discussion, without a doubt.

geetech84

Starter

#13 : January 23, 2013, 08:59:54 PM

Man idk if theyll go for that. Maybe this years 2nd, one of our 4ths might get it done

I like that deal better...

But I would love to see the Buc's get him for, a 3rd and one of the 4ths , and maybe throw in Blount into the deal..for Revis..

Jets can not be asking for a lot, like I said in the other post. Teams know the Jets are in cap trouble.. if they are asking for to much, they wait for them to release him..

But I can't see the Jets releasing Revis, because of the Patriots.. If the Jets trade him, they will be looking to get him out of the AFC..

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 23, 2013, 09:01:37 PM

I like that deal better...

But I would love to see the Buc's get him for, a 3rd and one of the 4ths , and maybe throw in Blount into the deal..for Revis..

Jets can not be asking for a lot, like I said in the other post. Teams know the Jets are in cap trouble.. if they are asking for to much, they wait for them to release him..

But I can't see the Jets releasing Revis, because of the Patriots.. If the Jets trade him, they will be looking to get him out of the AFC..

Or at least out of the AFC East.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jets to explore Revis trade? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools