Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jets to explore Revis trade? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Hate

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 23, 2013, 09:07:36 PM

Can't give up a 1 for a guy coming off a knee injury. I'd start with a 2 and negotiate from there.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

geetech84

Starter

#16 : January 23, 2013, 09:09:30 PM

Can't give up a 1 for a guy coming off a knee injury. I'd start with a 2 and negotiate from there.

agree!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 23, 2013, 09:10:43 PM

Agree.  Especially the #13 pick.  If it was the #32 pick, maybe.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

-ts

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 23, 2013, 09:17:54 PM

This is usually a situation that I say stay away from, however the best CB in the NFL that is 27 yrs old when we desperately need DB help is just too good to pass.

I don't think I would give up a 1st but outside of that I would be willing to negotiate.

Add him and all of the sudden the secondary gets real easy to fix really fast.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 23, 2013, 09:25:26 PM

Blount, wright, a second and third. I'd do it without thinking twice

Ms Elam

Starter

#20 : January 23, 2013, 09:25:47 PM

He's going to have to be the highest paid corner on top of whatever the jets want. But he's worth it. The term lockdown corner is thrown around to loosely. Revis is the first true lockdown corner since Deon Sanders.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#21 : January 23, 2013, 09:28:23 PM

I would think a package of Blount, 2nd rd pick + 4th pick would get it done

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 23, 2013, 09:29:26 PM

Jason La Canfora says that the Jets are pretty desperate to get something for him while they can cuz they won't have enough cap to keep him from being a FA in 2013 and they can't tag him according to his contract. We might be able to trade Eric Wright and a 4th Rounder for Darelle Revis but it depends on what else teams are offering.

You think the Jets would take Wright and a 4th rounder?  They are a circus up there, but not that crazy.

How bout wright and a 2nd?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 23, 2013, 09:30:39 PM

Adrian Peterson recovered well from the same injury.  But on the other hand, Dominique Foxsworth never recovered, and ended up retiring.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Jutt

Starter
#24 : January 23, 2013, 09:38:29 PM

Adrian Peterson recovered well from the same injury.  But on the other hand, Dominique Foxsworth never recovered, and ended up retiring.

Agree with the premise of what youre saying, but no two injuries are the same even if its the same ligament. It really depends on what the Drs say and how he looks. I'd hate to throw picks/players at the Jets only for him to be a shell of himself.

But if hes healthy, hes only 27 and probably can play at an elite level for awhile, and probably could move to safety and play more...its a calculated risk

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 23, 2013, 09:41:00 PM

Yahoo! Sports' Jason Cole reports "at least two teams" have already contacted the Jets about Darrelle Revis' availability.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Hate

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 23, 2013, 09:41:08 PM

Adrian Peterson is a phenom

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 23, 2013, 09:42:19 PM

Adrian Peterson is a phenom

That aint no joke

Jutt

Starter
#28 : January 23, 2013, 09:46:53 PM

Dom better be using the fukk outta them anytime minutes

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 23, 2013, 09:54:15 PM

Here's my offer. This year's second and next year's third plus Blount. You sign DRC and the trade up for Werner.
Suddenly your defense looks a whole lot better.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jets to explore Revis trade? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools