Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jets to explore Revis trade? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

Jutt

Starter
#30 : January 23, 2013, 09:56:56 PM

Here's my offer. This year's second and next year's third plus Blount. You sign DRC and the trade up for Werner.
Suddenly your defense looks a whole lot better.

We really wouldnt need to trade up though. A healthy Clayborn,Bowers and Bennett would be sufficient...we sit on our pick and we have the luxury of taking BPA

rikes

Starter

#31 : January 23, 2013, 10:02:12 PM

If we can score Revis,a stud CB in the #2 and someone decent in FA there is no way the defense is nearly as bad as in 2012. I'll offer the jets and 2nd & 4th round pick and throw in Blount Or Wright.

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#32 : January 23, 2013, 10:04:06 PM

If healthy, he's worth the 1st rounder. Now, will he be happy year to year with his contract? This is my biggest concern.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 23, 2013, 10:04:44 PM

Here's my offer. This year's second and next year's third plus Blount. You sign DRC and the trade up for Werner.

Can you take over GM duties after 4pm?

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#34 : January 23, 2013, 10:07:50 PM

As great as that sounds, we will have to extend Revis' deal if we did trade for him. If we signed DRC, I think it would be way too much money put towards just the secondary.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#35 : January 23, 2013, 10:09:17 PM

Hell, Revis with a rookie 2nd rounder would greatly improve the secondary, I don't think we would need DRC.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#36 : January 23, 2013, 10:10:29 PM

If we dump our second this year into Revis, I am sure we could package a 3rd and a 4th to get into the 2nd to get one of the top 7 CBs this year.

Jutt

Starter
#37 : January 23, 2013, 10:16:30 PM

As great as that sounds, we will have to extend Revis' deal if we did trade for him. If we signed DRC, I think it would be way too much money put towards just the secondary.

I was thinking this too. How many years does he have left on his deal? Dude is coming off of a major injury..i'd like to think he'd shut his mouth and play and we can go from there, but given his usual antics in the pre season im not sure how that would play out.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 23, 2013, 10:24:37 PM

Revis will come back from his acl injury and be the same shutdown corner he was. I would give up the #13 pick for a corner of that Talent at 27.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#39 : January 23, 2013, 10:26:23 PM

Revis will come back from his acl injury and be the same shutdown corner he was. I would give up the #13 pick for a corner of that Talent at 27.
And if you're wrong?

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#40 : January 23, 2013, 10:30:13 PM

I was thinking this too. How many years does he have left on his deal? Dude is coming off of a major injury..i'd like to think he'd shut his mouth and play and we can go from there, but given his usual antics in the pre season im not sure how that would play out.

Pretty sure this is the last year of his deal. I know he has held out twice, or at least threatened too, but I read that the first contract was a "band-aid." Other than the hold outs, does he have any other character concerns?

Tampafan8251

Starter
#41 : January 23, 2013, 10:32:29 PM

I think if we trade for Revis we should trade down and get some picks back, I would be all for it if it is our 2nd and one of our 4ths plus Blount for Revis, than trade back from 13 and gain a pick or two back

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 23, 2013, 10:34:06 PM

And if you're wrong?

2nd round will have some nice corners and it should be a couple good vets in FA.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 23, 2013, 10:39:01 PM

If he's healthy he's worth much more than a first

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#44 : January 23, 2013, 10:47:36 PM

" Revis will come back from his acl injury and be the same shutdown corner he was."

Link?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jets to explore Revis trade? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools